Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week in the AFC South-Week 5

Last week: 2-1
Overall: 9-4

Jags over Chiefs
Bills over Tacks
Pats over Colts
Texans over Cowboys

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

2-1 Last Week
7-6 Overall

I'm making my picks a bit early since the Colts play tomorrow night.  I may edit prior to Sunday if I change my mind.

Patriots
Bills (gut feeling)
Jaguars
Texans (gut feeling)

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(10-03-2018, 01:39 PM)Deacon Wrote: Last week: 2-1
Season:     4-5 (44%)

Indianapolis at New England (-10)
You can feel it, can't you? The awakening? That feeling of sinew and strength, long under hibernation starting to stretch and move. That would be the New England team. Make no mistake about what they did to Miami last week; they ate that team's lunch and threw them the bag. Indianapolis feels like it has been getting by with smoke and mirrors. I expect New England, despite injury concerns to run roughshod over the top of them.

New England by a touchdown.

Tennessee (-3) at Buffalo 
I know Buffalo pulled off that stunner a few weeks back, but I see Tennessee rolling over these guys. It may not be a high scoring affair, but I don't see Buffalo getting anything going.

Tennessee to cover.

Jacksonville at Kansas City (-3)
I have hope going into this game after watching the Denver Defense have limited success against Mahomes and Co. I would have even more hope if the team had Fournette to go against the Kansas City Defense. I think that we are the type of team that Andy Reid does not want to face. A team that will commit to the run and eat the clock and then play top notch pass defense on the back end. 

Jaguars in a tight one.

Dallas at Houston (-3.5)
I have no idea about this one. Will 'Zeke run wild? Will Dak connect with WRs? Will Dallas find their pass rush? Or will Watt and fellows dominate? When in doubt, go with the line.

Houston to take another one. 

I agree with this take.  These are my picks as well.

2-1 last week, 8-5 overall.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2018, 09:20 AM by SeldomRite.)

I'm thinking pats, tacks, cowboys, and chiefs.

Pats are just getting into gear, they'll keep the colts reeling. tacks should win if they show up for that game mentally.
Cowboys aren't great, but the texans are bad.
As for the Jags, I think they'll serve as the chiefs strongest test so far, but I get a sinking feeling we'll see bad Blake and injuries catch up with us in this one on the road.

Oh, and 1-2 last week and I think 6-7 overall.

(10-04-2018, 09:09 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: I'm thinking pats, tacks, cowboys, and chiefs.

Pats are just getting into gear, they'll keep the colts reeling. tacks should win if they show up for that game mentally.
Cowboys aren't great, but the texans are bad.
As for the Jags, I think they'll serve as the chiefs strongest test so far, but I get a sinking feeling we'll see bad Blake and injuries catch up with us in this one on the road.

Oh, and 1-2 last week and I think 6-7 overall.

Cowboys' pass rush should dominate that tinhorn o-line.  DeMarcus Lawrence is in full beast mode and they get Irving back this week.

Pats in a rout
tacks
cowboys
Jags.

2-1 last week

8-1 overall

8-5 overall

Patriots
tacks
Cheifs ( don’t kill me. Love to be wrong, but if the Jags lose at least I get a W here. Small consolation prize but whatever.)
Cowboys.

Last week 2-1
Overall 8-5

Patriots- I think that the Colts might actually win because Luck should go off against that D, but no way the NFL allows the Pats to go 2-3 right?

I like to make my picks closer to Sunday because of injuries so I might edit these closer to game day but for now:
Bills
Jags
Cowboys

1-2 last week
4-9 for the season

Colts
Titans
Texans
Chiefs

Pats
tacks
Jags
Cowboys

1-2 last week
8-5 overall

New England. Because the game time was at 8:20pm and it's 4 minutes late, this selection won't be part of the official standings if they are kept.

(10-04-2018, 08:25 PM)D6 Wrote: New England. Because the game time was at 8:20pm and it's 4 minutes late, this selection won't be part of the official standings if they are kept.

I wouldn't worry about "official standings".  In my opinion your pick is legit.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Welp...I got at least one right as of now, though I can pump the brakes a bit on the Colts maybe being on the rise and the Pats maybe being on the decline.

Luck can operate in the short to intermediate routes.

Neither his arm, nor his line, nor his receivers will permit him to attack deep.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-04-2018, 11:43 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Welp...I got at least one right as of now, though I can pump the brakes a bit on the Colts maybe being on the rise and the Pats maybe being on the decline.

Luck can operate in the short to intermediate routes.

Neither his arm, nor his line, nor his receivers will permit him to attack deep.

The patriots are getting better. Getting Edelman back definitely helped. I’m still thinking of the Colts on the rise. They’re fighters and Luck is still good in my opinion. Their receivers need to step up.

Tomorrow the tacks will be a game and a half up on the jags
[Image: incredulous.gif]

Got in here too late for the pats-clots game, so I’ll skip that one (even though I would have picked the pats I won’t take credit for it after the fact).

chefs
tacks
tinhorns
I hope I’m wrong, but I’m thinking we’ll be a game behind the tacks this week.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(10-04-2018, 08:28 PM)Sjagibelieve Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 08:25 PM)D6 Wrote: New England. Because the game time was at 8:20pm and it's 4 minutes late, this selection won't be part of the official standings if they are kept.

I wouldn't worry about "official standings".  In my opinion your pick is legit.

Thanks.

Though I appreciate your support,  I take responsibility for not getting the pick posted in time.

Sunday selections for Week # 5:

Kansas City
Tennessee
Dallas

At least the tacks lost!

At least the Jags got routed!

(10-03-2018, 05:32 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: Last week:1-2
Overall 4-5
Pats over colts- one team is better.
Tacks over bills- the tacks defense should eat the bills alive
Jags over chiefs- dont care full homer, kc is due for a letdown
Tinhorns over cowgirls- I think watson may have found his stride again, and this cowboy team isnt good.

2-2 this week. Sucks the Jags beat themselves. At least the tacks lost.

6-7 overall

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.