Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Football fans' ticket money destroyed in shredder by 2-year-old son

Football fans' ticket money destroyed in shredder by 2-year-old son

A couple of University of Utah football fans were disappointed to find the money they had been saving to pay for tickets had been destroyed in their shredder.

https://www.wgal.com/article/football-fa...n/23584060
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Ouch. That’s why they make safes.
Oh, and watch your kids, maybe?

A machine with a bunch of tiny little really sharp blades....perfect toy for a two year old. Hand him so scissors to run with too while you’re at it!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I saw this on the news this morning. I'm just not buyin' it.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2018, 03:10 PM by Jags.)

I’m waiting to hear about a go fund me account for this couple.  Why else does a story like this make the news?  Seriously, if this happened to you, would you be calling the news networks?

(10-05-2018, 03:09 PM)Jags Wrote: I’m waiting to hear about a go fund me account for this couple.  Why else does a story like this make the news?  Seriously, if this happened to you, would you be calling the news networks?

Well never mind the fact that the kid would have had to have gotten into the office and do it without anybody hearing.  Then he would have had to have been smart enough to pull the money out of the envelope and put it through a few bills at a time, because you know shoving through the whole stack would have jammed the thing.  Thus increasing the amount of times it would have made noise.  Not to mention, who is going to let a two-year-old out of their sight long enough to do it anyway.

The whole thing just sounds fishy to me.

(10-05-2018, 03:18 PM)Rico Wrote:
(10-05-2018, 03:09 PM)Jags Wrote: I’m waiting to hear about a go fund me account for this couple.  Why else does a story like this make the news?  Seriously, if this happened to you, would you be calling the news networks?

Well never mind the fact that the kid would have had to have gotten into the office and do it without anybody hearing.  Then he would have had to have been smart enough to pull the money out of the envelope and put it through a few bills at a time, because you know shoving through the whole stack would have jammed the thing.  Thus increasing the amount of times it would have made noise.  Not to mention, who is going to let a two-year-old out of their sight long enough to do it anyway.

The whole thing just sounds fishy to me.

Oh, I completely agree on all of it.  First thoughts were, damn must be a bad [BLEEP] shredder and whos watching this kid?  Also, why are you keeping money in a freaking envelope where a 2yr old can get to it?

I'd take it out of the kids college fund.

(10-05-2018, 08:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'd take it out of the kids college fund.

parents this dumb obviously aren't thinking that far ahead

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2018, 11:20 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(10-05-2018, 10:48 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Football fans' ticket money destroyed in shredder by 2-year-old son

A couple of University of Utah football fans were disappointed to find the money they had been saving to pay for tickets had been destroyed in their shredder.

https://www.wgal.com/article/football-fa...n/23584060

Remind me again how much money one has to save to pay for University of Utah tickets.  They are currently on StubHub for $35 vs Arizona and $67 vs USC

https://www.stubhub.com/utah-utes-footba...mer/16788/

Additionally, the Government actually funds a Department that does nothing but reassembles money that has been destroy in some manner.  It was shown on a segment of 60 Minutes a few months ago.

(10-05-2018, 01:41 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: A machine with a bunch of tiny little really sharp blades....perfect toy for a two year old.  Hand him so scissors to run with too while you’re at it!

OMG .... I didn't even think of that !!

(10-05-2018, 01:41 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: A machine with a bunch of tiny little really sharp blades....perfect toy for a two year old.  Hand him so scissors to run with too while you’re at it!

With any luck, a 2 year old would do what a 2 year old does, and jam the scissors into the shredder. Problem solved!
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(10-08-2018, 11:45 AM)rollerjag Wrote:

With any luck, a 2 year old would do what a 2 year old does, and jam the scissors into the shredder. Problem solved!

Electrocution solves a multitude of problems... Ninja
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(10-08-2018, 03:07 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(10-08-2018, 11:45 AM)rollerjag Wrote: With any luck, a 2 year old would do what a 2 year old does, and jam the scissors into the shredder. Problem solved!

Electrocution solves a multitude of problems... Ninja

I don't think the electrical circuits extend to the shredder teeth, but you never know what a 2 year old can do.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(10-05-2018, 11:18 AM)Jags Wrote: Ouch.   That’s why they make safes.  

Ever consider the idea that someone who is saving up to buying University of freaking Utah tickets, can't really afford a safe?

(10-08-2018, 03:30 PM)DragonFury Wrote:

Ever consider the idea that someone who is saving up to buying University of freaking Utah tickets, can't really afford a safe?

They do have these new-fangled things called bank accounts.

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2018, 04:11 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

HA !!   That was good !!!

Honey, if we keep saving over the next few years, we can go to a Utah Utes game.

They said it was over a grand in cash.  So, yeah.  Or as Rico said, put it in a bank.

One of my older brothers way back in the day wasn't paying attention to his toddler and she flushed their food stamps (yeah, like actual paper food stamps) down the toilet.

It was hilarious

Or just send it to this Gov agency that will replace it for free...

https://bep.gov/services/currencyredemption.html

(10-11-2018, 06:52 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Or just send it to this Gov agency that will replace it for free...

https://bep.gov/services/currencyredemption.html

Neat! I didn't know about this.