Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fitness/Gym question

Ok, so let's start with this saying I'm not a health nut, fitness guru, or mma fighter!

I wrestled all four years of high school (over a decade now) and loved every second if it. Honestly it was the only time I enjoyed any kind of physical training (yeah I'm a fatty that hates the treadmill so sue me). 

Anyways they have boxing gyms I see adds for all kinds of mma stuff do they have wrestling type gyms? Something where you pay a fee and they do like weekly hour or two practice/training classes? It's been forever but man I'd pay to join a gym and work on getting back into wrestling shape figured it would be good way to start shaving off some of this 35 year old gut . That said if a gym like that does exist is it full of mma nutjobs that want to cave your skull in every night? 

I've seen some of you gym rats post on here let a fatty know is this a pipe dream or is it something that exist? Thanks
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2018, 10:46 AM by KingIngram052787.)

(10-09-2018, 03:51 AM)EricC85 Wrote: Ok, so let's start with this saying I'm not a health nut, fitness guru, or mma fighter!

I wrestled all four years of high school (over a decade now) and loved every second if it. Honestly it was the only time I enjoyed any kind of physical training (yeah I'm a fatty that hates the treadmill so sue me). 

Anyways they have boxing gyms I see adds for all kinds of mma stuff do they have wrestling type gyms? Something where you pay a fee and they do like weekly hour or two practice/training classes? It's been forever but man I'd pay to join a gym and work on getting back into wrestling shape figured it would be good way to start shaving off some of this 35 year old gut . That said if a gym like that does exist is it full of mma nutjobs that want to cave your skull in every night? 

I've seen some of you gym rats post on here let a fatty know is this a pipe dream or is it something that exist? Thanks

They do have something like what I bolded up above.  I don't know the details but I know my cousin pays a fee and goes to the gym and basically does a boxing training session.  The place he goes is somewhere on San Pablo, don't know the name.  Sorry for the lack of information other than, yes, that does exist.  

Also, he's far from an in shape MMA bash your skull in person, so there must be some pretty "normal" folks there.

EDIT: I see now the way it was worded you're looking for a wrestling gym. In that case, I'm not sure. I think this is the place my cousins goes to; looks like they have MMA training: https://titleboxingclub.com/workout/

(10-09-2018, 10:43 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote:
(10-09-2018, 03:51 AM)EricC85 Wrote: Ok, so let's start with this saying I'm not a health nut, fitness guru, or mma fighter!

They do have something like what I bolded up above.  I don't know the details but I know my cousin pays a fee and goes to the gym and basically does a boxing training session.  The place he goes is somewhere on San Pablo, don't know the name.  Sorry for the lack of information other than, yes, that does exist.  

Also, he's far from an in shape MMA bash your skull in person, so there must be some pretty "normal" folks there.

EDIT:  I see now the way it was worded you're looking for a wrestling gym.  In that case, I'm not sure. I think this is the place my cousins goes to; looks like they have MMA training: https://titleboxingclub.com/workout/

Yea when the thought popped in my head a few days ago I started looking around all I can find are mma gyms? That's a little  more extreme then what I was thinking
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I don't know much about the Jax availability.

Look for a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu gym. That seems to incorporate a lot of traditional wrestling techniques and a lot of them are always looking to help new people.

Not really my cup of tea. I prefer regular bodybuilding style lifting and as little cardio as possible lol