Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week in the AFC South-Week 6

Jags
tinhorns (go Bills!)
Jets
Ravens

1-3 last week
7-10 overall

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

houston
Jax
indy
tennessee

Week # 5 results:

1-2 official ( 2-2 unofficial )
7-9 overall official ( 8-9 unofficial )

Week # 6 selections:

Houston
Indianapolis
Baltimore
Dallas

(10-08-2018, 05:51 PM)Jags Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 03:46 PM)Jags Wrote: 8-5 overall

Patriots
tacks
Cheifs ( don’t kill me.  Love to be wrong, but if the Jags lose at least I get a W here. Small consolation prize but whatever.)
Cowboys.
2-2 this week.  

10-7 overall.  Really thought I’d go 4-0 this week too.  Glad I was wrong on them flaming thumbtacks.

This week I’ll go with:
Jets
Ravens
tinhorns
Jags

6-11 on the season

Jets
Bills
Jags
Titans

Andrew Luck : 0/2, INT, 14:55 remaining in the 1st quarter... Laughing

Pick 6 by Morris Clairborne.

Another pick. This whole he is a great qb myth is really a huge joke at this point

I can't believe how much they are letting Luck throw this season. They said he is on pace to break the record for passing attempts in a season.

Number 3!

Luck sucks...just like Carr.

I wouldn't go that far. He's never lived up to his billing. He's just a guy. Great at garbage time but when the game is on the line...

(10-11-2018, 07:21 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Last week was not a good week for the leaders in the division.  The beloved good guys, the defending AFC South Champion Jaguars last in big time fashion to the Kansas City Chiefs 30-14, in a game that saw Bortles have live action nightmare, committing five turnovers and being sacked several times.  The Jaguars' OL was beaten like a drum by the edge rushers of the Chiefs.  The Jaguars are now down to their 3rd LT.  Third team RB speedster Corey Grant is out for the year with a lis franc injury.  Things are not going well.  However, the loathsome and detestable tacks choked away their opportunity to increase the lead in the division by losing to the Bills on a last second FG.  The Colts last game had a familiar result-a loss to New England, while the Texans beat their cross state rival Cowboys, to move within a game of the tacks and Jaguars.  As for my predictions...let's just say the inner Bullseye fans in my head are calling for me to be fired from making predictions.  The sad part about it is, they may have a point.  What...?  Can't you hear them?!?

Anyhow, until I get fired from this position, I will continue to make predictions, no matter how painfully futile.

Colts (1-4) at Jets (2-3)-The Jets clearly are not as good as the Patriots, but contrary to what many think, they aren't too far from being a good team.  The Colts have been competitive in many of their games.  While Luck's arm is shot, he is still capable of being effective in short and intermediate passes.  Colts win 21-17.

Bills (2-3) at Texans (2-3)-The Bills' two wins have come over some impressive teams in Minnesota and Tennessee.  however, the Bills have some problems.  Their QB has been sacked 19 times and have no receivers.  However, the Texans have won two straight after a slow start, and they seemingly have found their pass rush.  The texans can't protect the QB either, but at home, they have enough to knock off Buffahole.  Texans 24 Bills 13

Ravens (3-2) at tacks (3-2)- A battle between two tough teams.  Despite being throttled defensively by Cleveland last week, the Ravens are pretty good offensively.  Flacco is enjoying something of a rebirth.  His line is giving him protection, and the passing game that was so moribund last year has shown spark.  Their defense is playing well, too.  They have more balance overall than the gritty tacks.  Ravens win 20-17.

Jaguars (3-2) at Cowboys (2-3)-TC spoke of wanting a team with grit.  Given the loss and the injuries listed above, we'll see just how much grit this team has as it goes to Dallas to face a Cowboys team wanting to keep pace in the NFC East.  I think if the Jaguars were healthy, they would win this game handily.  Defensively, they match up favorable against this Dallas team that has no offensive weapons that really scare opponents in the passing game (no respect to former Jaguars WR Allan Hurns).  Dallas can run the ball well with Elliott, but Jacksonville is much better against the run than they were at this stage last year.  But given how banged up the offensive line is going against a Dallas defense that can rush the passer and has a good back seven as well, I don't know if Bortles and the offense can rebound from such a disastrous performance last week.  Dallas wins 17-13.

Last week1-3
Overall6-11

This week 3-1.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

2-2 again. 10-11 on the season. I don't think I'll pick the Jaguars on the road again this season.

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2018, 07:24 PM by Eye of the Storm.)

(10-11-2018, 07:36 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: clots
tinhorns
crows
cowgirls

Season 7-9

3-1 this week
10-10 for the season. First time this year at .500
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(10-11-2018, 09:41 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: 8-9 currently.

Jets
Texans
Tacks
Cowgirls

3-1 this wk. Tacks let me down of course. Good to know we all suck again. Guess its time for turndownforwatt to show back up boasting about his great team. 

11-10 for the season
[Image: incredulous.gif]

(10-12-2018, 12:21 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 07:21 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Last week was not a good week for the leaders in the division.  The beloved good guys, the defending AFC South Champion Jaguars last in big time fashion to the Kansas City Chiefs 30-14, in a game that saw Bortles have live action nightmare, committing five turnovers and being sacked several times.  The Jaguars' OL was beaten like a drum by the edge rushers of the Chiefs.  The Jaguars are now down to their 3rd LT.  Third team RB speedster Corey Grant is out for the year with a lis franc injury.  Things are not going well.  However, the loathsome and detestable tacks choked away their opportunity to increase the lead in the division by losing to the Bills on a last second FG.  The Colts last game had a familiar result-a loss to New England, while the Texans beat their cross state rival Cowboys, to move within a game of the tacks and Jaguars.  As for my predictions...let's just say the inner Bullseye fans in my head are calling for me to be fired from making predictions.  The sad part about it is, they may have a point.  What...?  Can't you hear them?!?

Anyhow, until I get fired from this position, I will continue to make predictions, no matter how painfully futile.

Colts (1-4) at Jets (2-3)-The Jets clearly are not as good as the Patriots, but contrary to what many think, they aren't too far from being a good team.  The Colts have been competitive in many of their games.  While Luck's arm is shot, he is still capable of being effective in short and intermediate passes.  Colts win 21-17.

Bills (2-3) at Texans (2-3)-The Bills' two wins have come over some impressive teams in Minnesota and Tennessee.  however, the Bills have some problems.  Their QB has been sacked 19 times and have no receivers.  However, the Texans have won two straight after a slow start, and they seemingly have found their pass rush.  The texans can't protect the QB either, but at home, they have enough to knock off Buffahole.  Texans 24 Bills 13

Ravens (3-2) at tacks (3-2)- A battle between two tough teams.  Despite being throttled defensively by Cleveland last week, the Ravens are pretty good offensively.  Flacco is enjoying something of a rebirth.  His line is giving him protection, and the passing game that was so moribund last year has shown spark.  Their defense is playing well, too.  They have more balance overall than the gritty tacks.  Ravens win 20-17.

Jaguars (3-2) at Cowboys (2-3)-TC spoke of wanting a team with grit.  Given the loss and the injuries listed above, we'll see just how much grit this team has as it goes to Dallas to face a Cowboys team wanting to keep pace in the NFC East.  I think if the Jaguars were healthy, they would win this game handily.  Defensively, they match up favorable against this Dallas team that has no offensive weapons that really scare opponents in the passing game (no respect to former Jaguars WR Allan Hurns).  Dallas can run the ball well with Elliott, but Jacksonville is much better against the run than they were at this stage last year.  But given how banged up the offensive line is going against a Dallas defense that can rush the passer and has a good back seven as well, I don't know if Bortles and the offense can rebound from such a disastrous performance last week.  Dallas wins 17-13.

Last week1-3
Overall6-11

overall 6-7
Last week 2-2

Jets over Colts - Colts stink outside of Luck, and even he isn't looking great this year. 
Texans over Bills- Two good defenses, with only one good offense. McCoy being back temps me to pick the Bills, but I am going tinhorns here
Ravens over Tacks - Just because I don't like the tacks, and I think the Ravens are good this year
Jags over cowboys - the Jags better not let me down. We are due for a good Blake/offense week.
3-1 in the worst way possible. Good Blake never showed, and our defense turned back the clock to the bradley era. This season is starting to feel like 2008 with all the injuries. I'm not sure we have the horses to keep up.

9-8 overall.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(10-13-2018, 02:25 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Jets
Texans
Ravens
Jags

Overall 10-7

This week 3-1.

13-8 overall.

(10-11-2018, 08:31 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: this week i will go with 

Jets

titians-they are undeafted at home

Texans

Jags-cause i lost to dallas in Madden.

8-9 overall

2-2 this week.  10-11 overall

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(10-13-2018, 12:17 AM)KodiakJag Wrote: I’m picking all four AFCS teams to win this week.

10-7 so far

Welp….

1-3 this week, 11-10 overall.

Gonna take a lot of convincing for me to pick the Jags again this year.
Titans did their best job to steal the suck spotlight from us this week.
Indy is incredibly unlucky.
Houston is now in the race for the division title.  Amazing.

As other posters said, these last few weeks felt very Gus-like.  How long can we expect team morale to hold up?
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(10-11-2018, 08:11 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Making my picks early again this week, I might change as the week progresses.

Colts (Gut Feeling)
Texans - They are starting to get on track.  They win if their QB can "take the hits".
Ravens - Titans just are not good, they have been lucky.
Jaguars - Dallas has a lot of problems right now.  Should be a relatively low scoring game with a battle of defenses.  Neither offense really has a "home run hitter".

2-2 This Week
12-9 Overall

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.