Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Falcons Timeout

I would be pretty upset if I was a Falcons fan with the coach not calling a timeout and giving up. Anyone notice that?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Did anybody see that PI no call on Sherman? Simply despicable. The NFL should be ashamed it has come to this.

Yeah that was ridiculous

They have a replay system. People's livelihood should not be put at risk over something so blatant.

Nor should my fantasy team.

I have no idea what happened in Seattle, but saw a timeout gaffe at Green Bay. Justin Durant got a delay of game penalty for trying to call one, which surprised Mike Periera.

Quote:I have no idea what happened in Seattle, but saw a timeout gaffe at Green Bay. Justin Durant got a delay of game penalty for trying to call one, which surprised Mike Periera.

Then start a thread about it instead of hijacking this one.

Penalties like that PI should be allowed to be challenged.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Penalties like that PI should be allowed to be challenged.

Unfortunately pass interference will always be a judgment call. Tons of mistakes could still happen even if it was reviewable.

Quote:Did anybody see that PI no call on Sherman? Simply despicable. The NFL should be ashamed it has come to this.

Should the NFL look into eliminating referees and using cameras and computers to call penalties. Multiple Cameras scan the field for penalty actions and a computer calls the penalties.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2016, 10:33 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:Should the NFL look into eliminating referees and using cameras and computers to call penalties. Multiple Cameras scan the field for penalty actions and a computer calls the penalties.
Wouldn't be a bad idea. Or have someone quickly reviewing calls in a central location like the NBA does. Much quicker.

Refs don't want to make a call that affects the outcome of a game, even if it is clearly the right one.

Quote:I would be pretty upset if I was a Falcons fan with the coach not calling a timeout and giving up. Anyone notice that?

I thought the same thing. It would have only been a few seconds but I really have no idea why Quinn did not call that timeout.

;

;

Quote:Did anybody see that PI no call on Sherman? Simply despicable. The NFL should be ashamed it has come to this.

Yep --- absolutely terrible !!

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2016, 01:48 PM by Sosa.)

Seattle always gets away with it. I have no problem with it honestly, the NFL needs more physical play and it's hard to defend Julio without grabbing him. Just allow receivers to do it back, and it'll make matchups exciting.

There were some missed calls against the Falcons, so it just made everything even in the end.