Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cyprien

Been trying to tell guys that Cyp is doing his thing.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2016, 06:43 PM by JackCity.)

Quote:That's cool dude, but he's FS as well.
Berry is a strong safety.

He can play either slot but he isn't great in coverage , his strengths are tackling and run support.

You're starting to see him coming up making impact its. He's not shifting in the hole. 16 points allowed is a good day all around

He's finally doing his job. He's been putting on some pretty good licks out there too.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Berry is a strong safety.

He can play either slot but he isn't great in coverage , his strengths are tackling and run support.

He is great in coverage. He can play either equally well.

Having Gipson helps a lot. But I think he's just finally "getting it" at the NFL level. Don't forget the dude played at FIU. Big jump to the big leagues.

Quote:He is great in coverage. He can play either equally well.

That is a myth. Chiefs fans will tell you.

He's a strong safety who plays better the closer he is to the line of scrimmage. He's bad playing the deep ball and bad in general whenever he has to cover WRs. He plays best as a read react hit and run safety. Racks up PDs close to the line.

Give me Jabrill all day.

Don't care if we have to trade up to get him

Quote:Having Gipson helps a lot. But I think he's just finally "getting it" at the NFL level. Don't forget the dude played at FIU. Big jump to the big leagues.

Good point. FIU to the NFL is quite the learning curve.

Quote:That is a myth. Chiefs fans will tell you.

He's a strong safety who plays better the closer he is to the line of scrimmage. He's bad playing the deep ball and bad in general whenever he has to cover WRs. He plays best as a read react hit and run safety. Racks up PDs close to the line.

Then why have the Chiefs been making an effort the last two years to play him as a deep safety more? The coaches are quoted as moving him off the line in order to stop some of the deep plays they were giving up last year.

Quote:Then why have the Chiefs been making an effort the last two years to play him as a deep safety more? The coaches are quoted as moving him off the line in order to stop some of the deep plays they were giving up last year.

Lack of pass rush is your answer.

Quote:Lack of pass rush is your answer.

Or him being rated the 4th highest db in the NFL in pass coverage last year?

www.profootballfocus.com/pro-eric-berry-ousts-carson-palmeras-pffs-comeback-player-of-the-year/

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2016, 07:44 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

I would have to say he is the most improved player on the team behind Meyers.  He has went from horrible to decent this year.  He has surpassed the way I thought he would play.  Hopefully he just keeps getting better. He has made some nice plays and hard hits this year

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2016, 07:53 PM by JackCity.)

Quote:Or him being rated the 4th highest db in the NFL in pass coverage last year?

www.profootballfocus.com/pro-eric-berry-ousts-carson-palmeras-pffs-comeback-player-of-the-year/
1) PFF is not accepted as evidence of anything by me

2) Where did most of his snaps come last year?

He is a strong safety, can't cover deep as a free ,plays his best football the closer he is to the line of scrimmage. Chiefs fans will agree.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2016, 08:06 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:1) PFF is not accepted as evidence of anything by me

He is a strong safety, can't cover deep as a free ,plays his best football the closer he is to the line of scrimmage. Chiefs fans will agree.
I couldnt care less about pff but Berry is by fare a liability in pass coverage.  He is an elite safety at either FS or SS and always has been dating back to his college days to which he played SS

Quote:1) PFF is not accepted as evidence of anything by me

Nobody is going to dissuade you of your entrenched opinion obviously. Pff is far from the ultimate source, but based off the evidence of the coaches and pff, wouldn't it be at least reasonable to concede that at the very least he isn't a terrible liability in coverage as you claim?

Quote:I couldnt care less about pff but Berry is by fare a liability in pass coverage.  He is an elite safety at either FS or SS and always has been dating back to his college days to which he played SS

He's not a liability but he isn't great either. His whole game is best when he is close to the LOS. Good deal better as a strong safety. His weakness is playing the deep man as a free.

Quote:Nobody is going to dissuade you of your entrenched opinion obviously. Pff is far from the ultimate source, but based off the evidence of the coaches and pff, wouldn't it be at least reasonable to concede that at the very least he isn't a terrible liability in coverage as you claim?

Hold your horses , he isn't a terrible liability in coverage he just isn't that great.

Quote:Hold your horses , he isn't a terrible liability in coverage he just isn't that great.

Well, you may not have said "terrible," but you said he was bad in coverage.

You also keep saying that Chief fans will agree, but I haven't seen any yet. I found a reddit thread actually where one Chief fan stated this and every single reply blasted him for his opinion. They even mentioned he made all pro as a nickel corner earlier in his career.

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://m.reddit.com/r/KansasCityChiefs/comments/41dxxx/the_eric_berry_problem/?utm_source=mweb_redirect&compact=true'>https://m.reddit.com/r/KansasCityChiefs/comments/41dxxx/the_eric_berry_problem/?utm_source=mweb_redirect&compact=true</a>

Cyprien's been playing good, not great, football all season. Who would have thought having a box safety playing mainly in the box would be a good idea?