Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Put a fork in Carolina

Quote:When they take away the run game, the Panthers struggle because cam is not a very proficient passer too.

I get that, but they've had one game where they haven't rushed for 100+ yards, the Atlanta game where things got out of hand so fast, they had no other recourse. They are running the ball and doing so effectively, but maybe that's the only thing they are doing well.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Achilles must have gotten Newton mixed up with another QB to say that about him.

Quote:I get that, but they've had one game where they haven't rushed for 100+ yards, the Atlanta game where things got out of hand so fast, they had no other recourse. They are running the ball and doing so effectively, but maybe that's the only thing they are doing well.

I wouldn't say running it well necessarily. Cam really helps with the run game but he can't take that many hits if they expect him to last.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:When they take away the run game, the Panthers struggle because cam is not a very proficient passer too.

Ummm....false

Quote:I wouldn't say running it well necessarily. Cam really helps with the run game but he can't take that many hits if they expect him to last.

Stewart has been out for three weeks. Makes a pretty big difference in our run game.

Quote:I know it's way early, but do you think Carolina drafts heavy DB again in 2017?

I would be surprised if they did. I can see them bringing in another CB - whether it's a vet or through the draft - but not going heavy. There are too many other holes. Besides, Bradbury was playing pretty well before his injury. I'm sure they're hoping throwing Worley to the first will help him out. He's been below average but not terrible.

Our issue, in my opinion, is our lack of pass rush. We are getting ZERO pressure. QBs have 5+ seconds to throw and it doesn't matter who your CBs are they aren't going to survive that. Plus it's making us have to blitz more. And even with the blitz we aren't getting pressure. So now our young CBs (we were down to practice squad guys this past weekend because of injuries) are literally young, not very good at the moment, and on an island. It's a terrible combo and that's why we can't stop anyone.

Of course Luke still leads the league in tackles....but that's all we've got going.

Quote:Stewart has been out for three weeks. Makes a pretty big difference in our run game.

When is he expected to return?

Quote:Spicer, Hayward, and Henderson were all coming off very good years much like Kawan Short last year. But look at their edge rushers, they were hardly productive last year. Well their edge rushers are worse this year and teams are focusing more on Short. I wasn't saying our 08 team had as much talent but our 07 team did on the Dline and it regressed badly in 08 much like Carolinas has this year compared to last. They get good interior push but not much off the edge.

Short Star Davis Kuechley. That is the talent of that front 7 there isn't much else.

Ah Paul Spicer, and old favorite

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2016, 10:39 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

Whelp, carolina is done and I am fine with Cam getting a lot less airtime. He is a lovable loser.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:Ah Paul Spicer, and old favorite

Wasn't he an assistant DL coach here for a few years?

Quote:Ummm....false

You think cam is a proficient passer?
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:When is he expected to return?

He played last Sunday

Quote:You think cam is a proficient passer?

No question.

Quote:No question.

Achilles is either blind or trolling. I don't know anyone else who thinks Cam is not a proficient passer.

Quote:Achilles is either blind or trolling. I don't know anyone else who thinks Cam is not a proficient passer.

He definitely isn't proficient in his press conferences after a loss though...

Quote:He definitely isn't proficient in his press conferences after a loss though...

Totally irrelevant.

Quote:Totally irrelevant.

It's a joke, relax lol

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2016, 12:15 PM by scoobydiesel.)

Quote:It's a joke, relax lol
Youre new here huh Tongue ? Youll get use to her, or block her like some have.

On topic: Man... I thought(like others have said) that with KB coming back that theyd look even better, I wasnt expecting their D to fall apart like it has. let alone be sitting with 1 win. So crazy how this can happen to anyone.

Cam is a good passer but if your team just isnt clicking youll have issues.

Quote:Cam is a good passer but if your team just isnt clicking youll have issues.

No one would be a good passer behind our Oline. It's amazing we still haven't done anything to protect this guy.

Quote:No one would be a good passer behind our Oline. It's amazing we still haven't done anything to protect this guy.

Jaguars fans know this to be truth way better than most.

I haven't watched you guys play this year but the vibe surrounding your squad based on what I read is that everyone save Luke seems to just be in a serious funk. I think/hope the bye does helps you guys overcome it.

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon