Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Carlos Hyde Predictions

(12-17-2018, 04:28 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: What a waste of 5th round value lol. Browns absolutely stole that 5th rounder. Since the trade, Chubb has led the league in yards. He likely is gone because of cap too.

I don't believe that to be true.

I believe we wasted that pick by wasting Hyde. He is a way better back than what we have seen. It all goes back to the coaching staff not using players correctly. That's the only reason Im on the fire Marrone wagon.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-17-2018, 10:52 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I have no idea what they want to do with Hyde, but he has an out clause with no dead money if they release him at season's end.
Next year he'd cost 4.75 mil.  They may elect to keep things cheap in the RB room with Fournette an a rookie deal, Williams, who is set me make 600K, and a late round pick. Corey Grant may or may not be part of the equation as we don't know how he'll run after an achilles rehab. Yeldon is anybody's guess.  I think they'll let TJ walk.

I certainly didn't think Hyde would underwhelm the coaches to the point he'd be a healthy scratch, but Williams showed why he leap-frogged him on the depth chart.

Just my opinion, but I would keep Fournette, Hyde, Williams and perhaps work a deal with Yeldon.  Of the four Yeldon has played the best this season.  The problem is, what would he cost?  Is he worth "starter money"?  Part of me says no, yet he filled that role pretty well this season (for what it was).  I imagine the team will probably let him test free agency and perhaps place a bid on him.

As far as Hyde, I still scratch my head wondering why he was not used more.  He's a good back, a compliment to Fournette and good insurance should Fournette get hurt again.

Again, just my opinion I think those three plus a rookie would be a pretty good stable of running backs.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(12-17-2018, 04:41 PM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote:
(12-17-2018, 04:28 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: What a waste of 5th round value lol. Browns absolutely stole that 5th rounder. Since the trade, Chubb has led the league in yards. He likely is gone because of cap too.

I don't believe that to be true.

I believe we wasted that pick by wasting Hyde. He is a way better back than what we have seen. It all goes back to the coaching staff not using players correctly. That's the only reason Im on the fire Marrone wagon.

Eh I mean I'd agree if this wasn't the case. Hyde had 114 rushes for 382 yards 3.4 ypc this season with the Browns. Since week 7, Chubb has led the league in rushing, for the same Browns. Begs the question..Why wasn't he having success? Now the guy is a healthy scratch, which will be tossed to the side as giving Williams reps. 

I don't know man, maybe he just fell off. Seems like we paid a 5th for 40 rushes and 129 yards, because it's more than likely he is cut.

(12-17-2018, 04:52 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(12-17-2018, 04:41 PM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: I don't believe that to be true.

Eh I mean I'd agree if this wasn't the case. Hyde had 114 rushes for 382 yards 3.4 ypc this season with the Browns. Since week 7, Chubb has led the league in rushing, for the same Browns. Begs the question..Why wasn't he having success? Now the guy is a healthy scratch, which will be tossed to the side as giving Williams reps. 

I don't know man, maybe he just fell off. Seems like we paid a 5th for 40 rushes and 129 yards, because it's more than likely he is cut.

So a potential Telvin Smith for 129 yards.

Beautiful draft pick management, Dave & Tom.

I called it a terrible trade the second it happened and it's even worse than I thought.

Patriots got Josh Gordon for a 5th and we got a mediocre back.

That's how far this front office is away.

(12-17-2018, 04:45 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(12-17-2018, 10:52 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I have no idea what they want to do with Hyde, but he has an out clause with no dead money if they release him at season's end.
Next year he'd cost 4.75 mil.  They may elect to keep things cheap in the RB room with Fournette an a rookie deal, Williams, who is set me make 600K, and a late round pick. Corey Grant may or may not be part of the equation as we don't know how he'll run after an achilles rehab. Yeldon is anybody's guess.  I think they'll let TJ walk.

I certainly didn't think Hyde would underwhelm the coaches to the point he'd be a healthy scratch, but Williams showed why he leap-frogged him on the depth chart.

Just my opinion, but I would keep Fournette, Hyde, Williams and perhaps work a deal with Yeldon.  Of the four Yeldon has played the best this season.  The problem is, what would he cost?  Is he worth "starter money"?  Part of me says no, yet he filled that role pretty well this season (for what it was).  I imagine the team will probably let him test free agency and perhaps place a bid on him.

As far as Hyde, I still scratch my head wondering why he was not used more.  He's a good back, a compliment to Fournette and good insurance should Fournette get hurt again.

Again, just my opinion I think those three plus a rookie would be a pretty good stable of running backs.

Yeldon isn't cutting no deal to stay as the 3rd down RB for this team. Hes going to leave with a smile on his face. He's the best RB on this team and he's as good as gone in FA.

Hes going to be the consolation prize for whoever misses out on the Bell sweepstakes.

Hyde is going to cost $4.5m next season and he isn't even that good. He was a healthy inactive yesterday, the writing is on the wall. Cut him, save the money, draft somebody and move on. Will be far cheaper and there wont be any drop off in play.

Yeldon would be a really good fit in San Fran I'd imagine. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he went there. Especially since the golden child McKinnon hasn't even earned a single dollar of his contract yet. McKinnon, Yeldon and Breida in Shanahan's offense looks pretty good.

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2018, 06:59 PM by navyjagfan.)

Yeldon is leaving in FA.  No way do we re-sign him with our current salary cap room.  Hyde is overpaid as a backup and for his lack of production.  He's gone.  We'll likely end up with a draft pick and and undrafted rookie FA behind Fournette next year.

(12-17-2018, 06:31 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(12-17-2018, 04:45 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Just my opinion, but I would keep Fournette, Hyde, Williams and perhaps work a deal with Yeldon.  Of the four Yeldon has played the best this season.  The problem is, what would he cost?  Is he worth "starter money"?  Part of me says no, yet he filled that role pretty well this season (for what it was).  I imagine the team will probably let him test free agency and perhaps place a bid on him.

Yeldon isn't cutting no deal to stay as the 3rd down RB for this team. Hes going to leave with a smile on his face. He's the best RB on this team and he's as good as gone in FA.

Hes going to be the consolation prize for whoever misses out on the Bell sweepstakes.

Hyde is going to cost $4.5m next season and he isn't even that good. He was a healthy inactive yesterday, the writing is on the wall. Cut him, save the money, draft somebody and move on. Will be far cheaper and there wont be any drop off in play.

I don't disagree with you as far as Yeldon.  Yeldon is going to go where the money is and I don't blame him.  I suspect that the "money" is going to involve "guaranteed" money.  However, he's not going to get "Bell" kind of money by any means.  He's good but not that good.  With that being said, a lucrative contract with incentives might convince him to stay.  You just never know... a deal could and might be made (I doubt it).

As far as Hyde, I am puzzled as to why he wasn't more involved in the running game/offense since he was acquired.  He is by no means worse than Yeldon and as I said before, he is a good backup to Fournette.  To me it would make sense to keep him, even at the salary that he stands to make.  To say that there "won't be any drop off in play" isn't really an argument since we have never really seen what he can do.  I said the same thing about Yeldon and he turned out to be the best RB we had this season.

I also do agree with you that "the writing is on the wall" regarding Hyde.  My fear is that some team is going to pick him up and he will "go off" so-to-speak.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(12-17-2018, 07:47 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(12-17-2018, 06:31 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Yeldon isn't cutting no deal to stay as the 3rd down RB for this team. Hes going to leave with a smile on his face. He's the best RB on this team and he's as good as gone in FA.

I don't disagree with you as far as Yeldon.  Yeldon is going to go where the money is and I don't blame him.  I suspect that the "money" is going to involve "guaranteed" money.  However, he's not going to get "Bell" kind of money by any means.  He's good but not that good.  With that being said, a lucrative contract with incentives might convince him to stay.  You just never know... a deal could and might be made (I doubt it).

As far as Hyde, I am puzzled as to why he wasn't more involved in the running game/offense since he was acquired.  He is by no means worse than Yeldon and as I said before, he is a good backup to Fournette.  To me it would make sense to keep him, even at the salary that he stands to make.  To say that there "won't be any drop off in play" isn't really an argument since we have never really seen what he can do.  I said the same thing about Yeldon and he turned out to be the best RB we had this season.

I also do agree with you that "the writing is on the wall" regarding Hyde.  My fear is that some team is going to pick him up and he will "go off" so-to-speak.

I never said Yeldon would get Bell type money because he wont. I said he'd be the consolation prize to whoever misses out on the Bell Sweepstakes. Yeldon is basically a lesser, and cheaper version of Bell.

I don't know why they even bothered. He barely has been given a chance.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(12-17-2018, 09:22 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I don't know why they even bothered.   He barely has been given a chance.

This whole situation points to a disconnect between the Front Office and the Coaching Staff and maybe even TC. How the heck do you give up the pick and do nothing with the acquisition?
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(12-17-2018, 07:47 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(12-17-2018, 06:31 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Yeldon isn't cutting no deal to stay as the 3rd down RB for this team. Hes going to leave with a smile on his face. He's the best RB on this team and he's as good as gone in FA.

Unfortunately, for an incentive-laden contract to be "lucrative," it has to be possible to hit those incentives. Yeldon's not signing an incentive contract to be the 2nd, or potentially 3rd, back after being the most consistent rusher, receiver, and blocker on this team, when some team is going to pony up money up-front for his versatility. Especially when the team is obsessed with running LF straight up the middle 25 times a game, when he's not injured.

It's a shame that it took a few years for Yeldon to finally hit his stride; this team could have used this production years ago rather than just barely getting to reap the rewards of his potential only to lose him to FA.

As for Hyde, I'm absolutely speechless that this team so carelessly threw away a 5th. Someone needs to be fired for this trade. I don't even care if it's a random janitor. Trading a 5th for a player you refuse to use in the midst of a season spiraling out of control is inexcusable.
"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

(12-18-2018, 02:39 AM)LMD Wrote:
(12-17-2018, 07:47 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I don't disagree with you as far as Yeldon.  Yeldon is going to go where the money is and I don't blame him.  I suspect that the "money" is going to involve "guaranteed" money.  However, he's not going to get "Bell" kind of money by any means.  He's good but not that good.  With that being said, a lucrative contract with incentives might convince him to stay.  You just never know... a deal could and might be made (I doubt it).

Unfortunately, for an incentive-laden contract to be "lucrative," it has to be possible to hit those incentives. Yeldon's not signing an incentive contract to be the 2nd, or potentially 3rd, back after being the most consistent rusher, receiver, and blocker on this team, when some team is going to pony up money up-front for his versatility. Especially when the team is obsessed with running LF straight up the middle 25 times a game, when he's not injured.

It's a shame that it took a few years for Yeldon to finally hit his stride; this team could have used this production years ago rather than just barely getting to reap the rewards of his potential only to lose him to FA.

As for Hyde, I'm absolutely speechless that this team so carelessly threw away a 5th. Someone needs to be fired for this trade. I don't even care if it's a random janitor. Trading a 5th for a player you refuse to use in the midst of a season spiraling out of control is inexcusable.

In hindsight, the trade is awful and a waste of a 5th round pick, agreed completely.

When the team actually made the trade, it did make complete sense. I've never been a fan of Hyde and it was a wasted pick, but we were hurting at RB when the trade was made and the season wasn't exactly over yet...

This team was 3-3 at the time of the trade. Fournette was out indefinitely with his hamstring injury. Grant was on IR and Yeldon was battling through an ankle injury.

Yeldon was our only RB at that time and he was playing with a bad ankle.. That's why they made the trade, because they were one ankle tweak away from having nobody at RB.

(12-18-2018, 03:30 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(12-18-2018, 02:39 AM)LMD Wrote: Unfortunately, for an incentive-laden contract to be "lucrative," it has to be possible to hit those incentives. Yeldon's not signing an incentive contract to be the 2nd, or potentially 3rd, back after being the most consistent rusher, receiver, and blocker on this team, when some team is going to pony up money up-front for his versatility. Especially when the team is obsessed with running LF straight up the middle 25 times a game, when he's not injured.

In hindsight, the trade is awful and a waste of a 5th round pick, agreed completely.

When the team actually made the trade, it did make complete sense. I've never been a fan of Hyde and it was a wasted pick, but we were hurting at RB when the trade was made and the season wasn't exactly over yet...

This team was 3-3 at the time of the trade. Fournette was out indefinitely with his hamstring injury. Grant was on IR and Yeldon was battling through an ankle injury.

Yeldon was our only RB at that time and he was playing with a bad ankle.. That's why they made the trade, because they were one ankle tweak away from having nobody at RB.

The trade in a way made sense... but nobody has answered this....  

Hyde... a guy who averaged 3.4 ypc in over 114 touches for the Browns...ends up with same stats here. ONCE Hyde leaves... Nick Chubb... LEADS... I repeat... He LEADS the league in rushing yards since week 7.... so what happened?

Well what happened is the FO did poor evaluation... AGAIN at the RB position. We all think about QB, but my god I havent seen a team waste so many resouces towards RB and absolutely suck. Huge contract to Chris Ivory... taking Yeldon TOP of the second round(FRANCHISE RB TERRITORY)... #4 overall pick on 4nette(THE FRANCHISE GUY).... Money on Grant... trade a 5th for Hyde.... 

What the HELL is going on with the RB position ... dude its patheticccccccc....

(12-18-2018, 06:25 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(12-18-2018, 03:30 AM)Eric1 Wrote: In hindsight, the trade is awful and a waste of a 5th round pick, agreed completely.

Hyde... a guy who averaged 3.4 ypc in over 114 touches for the Browns...ends up with same stats here. ONCE Hyde leaves... Nick Chubb... LEADS... I repeat... He LEADS the league in rushing yards since week 7.... so what happened?

Well what happened is the FO did poor evaluation... AGAIN at the RB position. We all think about QB, but my god I havent seen a team waste so many resouces towards RB and absolutely suck. Huge contract to Chris Ivory... taking Yeldon TOP of the second round(FRANCHISE RB TERRITORY)... #4 overall pick on 4nette(THE FRANCHISE GUY).... Money on Grant... trade a 5th for Hyde.... 

This is just one more example of why you need to clean house completely and get rid of Dave Caldwell and the scouts making the recommendations.

(12-18-2018, 06:25 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(12-18-2018, 03:30 AM)Eric1 Wrote: In hindsight, the trade is awful and a waste of a 5th round pick, agreed completely.

I'm still not sure where you're going with this.  What does the success of another team's RB have to do with the guy we acquired?  All it tells me is the Browns knew Chubb was good, and that they could justify taking one RB out of their talent pool to acquire future picks. Did you account for the changes in coaching in Cleveland when you looked at that performance?

Are you saying that we could have acquired Chubb? Hyde was holding him back?

I agree we've been failing when it comes to amassing talent at every offensive position, not just RB. I just don't know how Chubb's stats indicate that the trade was good or bad.

Carlos Hyde can be a very good back. But we brought him in with our complete [BLEEP] of an Oline. Plus he needs carries to get into a flow. He hasn't really been given any time. I really wonder if Fournette could be traded. Does anyone think he could be? I could see him traded way more than Ramsey. Especially if Caldwell is fired, just more proof of his 1st round screw ups.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(12-17-2018, 04:41 PM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: I believe we wasted that pick by wasting Hyde. He is a way better back than what we have seen. It all goes back to the coaching staff not using players correctly. That's the only reason Im on the fire Marrone wagon.

I'm with you on this. Hyde has been a good back on both the 49ers and the Browns. This coaching staff has a way of squandering talent and not using them to their potential. To me, it's blatantly obvious "they" are in over their head. And by "they" , I don't think any of them all the way up to Coughlin deserve a free pass. There are firings, personnel changes, and staff changes that have not taken place, and should be a direct reflection of upper level management that is not making these changes happen. They scooped up Hyde out of panic move and gave up our 5th round pick, and have barely used him. Meanwhile, other teams are looking dominant with undrafted 3rd and 4th string rookies.

(12-18-2018, 10:32 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-18-2018, 06:25 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: The trade in a way made sense... but nobody has answered this....  

I'm still not sure where you're going with this.  What does the success of another team's RB have to do with the guy we acquired?  All it tells me is the Browns knew Chubb was good, and that they could justify taking one RB out of their talent pool to acquire future picks. Did you account for the changes in coaching in Cleveland when you looked at that performance?

Are you saying that we could have acquired Chubb? Hyde was holding him back?

I agree we've been failing when it comes to amassing talent at every offensive position, not just RB. I just don't know how Chubb's stats indicate that the trade was good or bad.

This, chubb is good, baker and the offense improved, and .. they fired hue jackson which had more to do with it than anything.

People also want to act like Carlos Hydes 4 years on the niners (who werent very good talentwise on the whole) where he averaged 4.0 ypc each year didnt happen. And that stint includes two 900 yard campaigns in one of which he averaged 4.6 a clip. Hes not the problem.

Sooo Hyde goes from performing well on the niners and fournette goes from having 1k and 10 tds in 13 games to what we see now. Maybeee just maybeee having 4 of 5 oline starters and no semblance of a passing game is bogging down the running game and Hyde and Fournette are still talented.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!