Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2016, 07:47 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:2 starts, 2 wins for Jack too?...

(He started the game today, right?).
When Skuta was in the game he was clearly a liability and a down grade from Jack.  Not sure why he was playing over Jack, I seriously doubt Jack was too tired to stay on the field

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:When Skuta was in the game he was clearly a liability and a down grade from Jack.  Not sure why he was playing over Jack, I seriously doubt Jack was too tired to stay on the field

Yeah, I can't work it out.

Jack is streets ahead of Skuta.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:Yeah, I can't work it out.

Jack is streets ahead of Skuta.
It seems like it takes a while for this coaching staff.  Hopefully this game has finally showed them the light and that Jack needs to be on the field at all times over Skuta

Quote:Very resilient, knew he had a bad first half. Came out and played lights out. Still wish he intercepted the ball.

He did not need to intercept the ball because it was fourth down.

The "bad first half" was partly Jeffery playing well and not all on Ramsey IMO.

Quote:It seems like it takes a while for this coaching staff.  Hopefully this game has finally showed them the light and that Jack needs to be on the field at all times over Skuta

Absolutely... we can hope.

I liked the Ramsey pick a lot but was one of his biggest critics at putting him at corner.  Im more than happy I was wrong on that one.  He has been a big part of this defense so far and the success it has had up to this point.  Big fan, love his passion and competitiveness for the game!

Quote:I liked the Ramsey pick a lot but was one of his biggest critics at putting him at corner. I'm more than happy I was wrong on that one. He has been a big part of this defense so far and the success it has had up to this point.  Big fan, love his passion and competitiveness for the game!

Jalen Ramsey said during the draft process he wanted to be a cornerback. I am sure the coaches spent a lot of time figuring out that should be his job before and after he was drafted. Obviously they were right - he has been a beast at cornerback.

Quote:Jalen Ramsey said during the draft process he wanted to be a cornerback. I am sure the coaches spent a lot of time figuring out that should be his job before and after he was drafted. Obviously they were right - he has been a beast at cornerback.
I know what he said but the coaches tell him what position he played. He has always had the God given gift and athleticism but he has been much better this year than he was last year at corner. Is there a chance coaching has something to do with his improved play at corner?

Quote:I know what he said but the coaches tell him what position he played. He has always had the God given gift and athleticism but he has been much better this year than he was last year at corner. Is there a chance coaching has something to do with his improved play at corner?

Woah... careful, you're almost praising the coaching system there!

Quote:I know what he said but the coaches tell him what position he played. He has always had the God given gift and athleticism but he has been much better this year than he was last year at corner. Is there a chance coaching has something to do with his improved play at corner?

Obviously coaching did help him play better. I will never understand why people think our coaches are unable to do this because they clearly have done it.

kid is already a stud

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2016, 08:36 PM by DarloJAG84.)

Quote:kid is already a stud

I've seen some Jags fans hating on him on Twitter after a couple of mistakes today...

Un-believ-able.

Quote:I've seen some Jags fans hating on him on Twitter after a couple of mistakes today...

Un-believ-able.

LOL They aren't Jaguars fans, obviously. He is a rookie and was playing against a very good WR. Then he made up for them in the second half.

Quote:LOL They aren't Jaguars fans, obviously. He is a rookie and was playing against a very good WR. Then he made up for them in the second half.

I wouldn't go as far as to say they aren't Jags fans..

I think it's all in the passion of watching the game... I'm sure they'll look back and realise how silly they were..

Quote:I wouldn't go as far as to say they aren't Jags fans..

I think it's all in the passion of watching the game... I'm sure they'll look back and realize how silly they were..

LOL What frustrates me is many posters don't realize later how silly they were. That is why I call them out. Luckily people have been smarter today than they were after losses.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2016, 08:51 PM by DarloJAG84.)

Quote:LOL What frustrates me is many posters don't realize later how silly they were. That is why I call them out. Luckily people have been smarter today than they were after losses.

To be fair, I don't tend to call people out on it.. it's too much hard work.

There's not one of us who's a bigger fan than anyone else, we're all here for the same reason, after all.

I'll sit here and enjoy their mini-meltdown...

Quote:You not liking the Ramsey pick just shows how little you know about football.
Because I wanted Jack.  Didn't think he slide to second round for us.   A lot of people wanted Jack at 5 not just me. . 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:You not liking the Ramsey pick just shows how little you know about football.
I bet trivia wise i know more about the jags then you do though. 

#Gojags

Quote:Because I wanted Jack. Didn't think he slide to second round for us. A lot of people wanted Jack at 5 not just me. . 

Nobody expected Jack to be available at #36, but Ramsey was both the BAP and a need filler. Did you really not want Ramsey for some reason? If we had two first round picks, would you have wanted Ramsey at #5?

Quote:Nobody expected Jack to be available at #36, but Ramsey was both the BAP and a need filler. Did you really not want Ramsey for some reason? If we had two first round picks, would you have wanted Ramsey at #5?
Yes because based on game film seen via youtube in depth from several analyst he was not suited to be a corner rather a strong safety.  And that was too high for pick 5.  However he has played above and beyond so hats off to our db coach. 

#Gojags