Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2019 fanspeak mock

7: R1P7 DL QUINNEN WILLIAMS - ALABAMA
38: R2P6 TE NOAH FANT - IOWA
69: R3P5 WR DEEBO SAMUEL- SOUTH CAROLINA
98: R3P34 S AMANI HOOKER - IOWA
109: R4P7 QB TYREE JACKSON - BUFFALO
178: R6P5 RB BRYCE LOVE - STANFORD
236: R7P22 WR DAMARKUS LODGE - OLE MISS

Can you imagine?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-15-2019, 02:13 AM)JNev Wrote: 7: R1P7  DL QUINNEN WILLIAMS - ALABAMA
38: R2P6  TE NOAH FANT - IOWA
69: R3P5  WR DEEBO SAMUEL-  SOUTH CAROLINA
98: R3P34  S AMANI HOOKER - IOWA
109: R4P7  QB TYREE JACKSON - BUFFALO
178: R6P5  RB BRYCE LOVE - STANFORD
236: R7P22  WR DAMARKUS LODGE - OLE MISS

Can you imagine?

Minus no OL, U wouldn't be too upset with this draft.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(04-15-2019, 07:58 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(04-15-2019, 02:13 AM)JNev Wrote: 7: R1P7  DL QUINNEN WILLIAMS - ALABAMA
38: R2P6  TE NOAH FANT - IOWA
69: R3P5  WR DEEBO SAMUEL-  SOUTH CAROLINA
98: R3P34  S AMANI HOOKER - IOWA
236: R7P22  WR DAMARKUS LODGE - OLE MISS

Can you imagine?

Minus no OL, U wouldn't be too upset with this draft.

7: R1P7  DL QUINNEN WILLIAMS - ALABAMA
38: R2P6   OT/OG DALTON RISNER 
69: R3P5   TE JACE STERNBERGER
98: R3P34  WR  JAKOBI MEYERS
236: R7P22  EDGE - SHAREEF MILLER

If Williams falls and we get lucky on another faller in the second - I'd want it to go like this ^

(04-15-2019, 09:39 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-15-2019, 07:58 AM)Dimson Wrote: Minus no OL, U wouldn't be too upset with this draft.

7: R1P7  DL QUINNEN WILLIAMS - ALABAMA
38: R2P6   OT/OG DALTON RISNER 
69: R3P5   TE JACE STERNBERGER
98: R3P34  WR  JAKOBI MEYERS
236: R7P22  EDGE - SHAREEF MILLER

If Williams falls and we get lucky on another faller in the second - I'd want it to go like this ^

Risner is by far my favorite "hope he falls" guy for round 2. Unfortunately he's almost always taken by pick 38. Although if it came down to Risner or Fant I'd have to really think

I did a First-Pick mock and I think this is the perfect draft. I had to give up a 2020 first round pick, but it was worth it.

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 9 (BUF): Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio St. (A-)
Round 1 Pick 21 (SEA): TJ Hockenson, TE, Iowa (A)
Round 2 Pick 6: Dalton Risner, OT/OG, Kansas St. (A-)
Round 2 Pick 8 (BUF): Chris Lindstrom, OG, Boston College (A-)
Round 3 Pick 33 (N.E.): Miles Sanders, RB, Penn St. (A+)
Round 3 Pick 34 (COMP): Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio St. (A+)
Round 3 Pick 37 (N.E.): Chuma Edoga, OT, USC (A)
Round 4 Pick 16 (G.B.): Ben Banogu, DE, TCU (A+)
Round 4 Pick 19 (TENN): Caleb Wilson, TE, UCLA (A)
Round 4 Pick 21 (BALT): Marquise Blair, FS, Utah (A+)
Round 5 Pick 19 (TENN): David Long Jr, OLB, West Virginia (A)
Round 6 Pick 5: Kendall Sheffield, CB, Ohio St. (A+)
Round 7 Pick 34 (ARI): Tyrel Dodson, ILB, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 7 Pick 35 (ARI): Kingsley Keke, DT, Texas A&M (A+)

(04-15-2019, 09:47 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I did a First-Pick mock and I think this is the perfect draft. I had to give up a 2020 first round pick, but it was worth it.

Your Picks:
Ladies and Gentlemen. Your winner for the 2019 Fanspeak Mock Draft is..... TheO-Line Matters!

(04-16-2019, 01:15 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-15-2019, 09:47 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I did a First-Pick mock and I think this is the perfect draft. I had to give up a 2020 first round pick, but it was worth it.

Your Picks:
Ladies and Gentlemen. Your winner for the 2019 Fanspeak Mock Draft is..... TheO-Line Matters!

He cheated. This he didn't use fanspeak.com.

(04-16-2019, 01:28 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(04-16-2019, 01:15 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Ladies and Gentlemen. Your winner for the 2019 Fanspeak Mock Draft is..... TheO-Line Matters!

He cheated. This he didn't use fanspeak.com.

It won't let me trade. I need to trade.

(04-16-2019, 02:02 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-16-2019, 01:28 PM)Dimson Wrote: He cheated. This he didn't use fanspeak.com.

It won't let me trade. I need to trade.
You can if you have a membership to their site.

Rd. 1 - Hockenson

Rd. 2 - Lindstrom

Rd. 3 - Gardner-Johnson

Rd. 3 - Will Grier

Rd. 4 - David Montgomery

Rd. 6 - Keelan Doss

Rd. 7 - Mitch Hyatt

I approached this one differently than the past. Tried to take guys that actually have a decent chance being on the board for the Jaguars each round. I combined that with team needs as the priority in each round without totally disregarding value picks.

Hockenson in the first round is a no-brainer. Forget about how amazing this year's defensive line class is. I'd still rather have Hockenson over Gary, Oliver and Sweat- all likely to be on the board. Lindstrom is only 50-50 to make it to the Jags in round 2, but if he is that's another no brainer. McGary would probably meet a greater need in the near-term, but Lindstrom should beat out Cann quickly and help open holes for Fournette. Grier is the guy I want with the 2nd 3rd-rounder. He seems to have the mentality, combined with enough physical tools, to be a good back-up now and eventually replace Foles. It's hard to find quarterbacks as good as Grier make it to the 3rd round. David Montgomery could end up being the guy with the most immediate impact. How can we trust Fournette to make it through an entire season? Montgomery could end up being a steal if he makes it to round 4. To round out the draft, Keelan Doss and Hyatt are guys who should make the team as late round picks. In Doss' case, he has enough skills to be a starter eventually and would have been taken earlier if he came from a big school. Hyatt would be good depth on the offensive line. He doesn't possess great physical tools, but the guy has played at a high level for 4 years with a 2- time National Champion. Can't forget the one defensive player- Chauncey Gardner-Johnson. He meets a need at safety and will provide good competition for Wilson.

(04-17-2019, 01:15 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Rd. 1 -  Hockenson

Rd. 2 -  Lindstrom

Rd. 3  - Gardner-Johnson

Rd. 3  -  Will Grier

Rd. 4 -  David Montgomery

Rd. 6 -  Keelan Doss

Rd. 7 -  Mitch Hyatt

I approached this one differently than the past. Tried to take guys that actually have a decent chance being on the board for the Jaguars each round. I combined that with team needs as the priority in each round without totally disregarding value picks.

Hockenson in the first round is a no-brainer. Forget about how amazing this year's defensive line class is. I'd still rather have Hockenson over Gary, Oliver and Sweat- all likely to be on the board. Lindstrom is only 50-50 to make it to the Jags in round 2, but if he is that's another no brainer. McGary would probably meet a greater need in the near-term, but Lindstrom should beat out Cann quickly and help open holes for Fournette. Grier is the guy I want with the 2nd 3rd-rounder. He seems to have the mentality, combined with enough physical tools, to be a good back-up now and eventually replace Foles. It's hard to find quarterbacks as good as Grier make it to the 3rd round. David Montgomery could end up being the guy with the most immediate impact. How can we trust Fournette to make it through an entire season? Montgomery could end up being a steal if he makes it to round 4. To round out the draft, Keelan Doss and Hyatt are guys who should make the team as late round picks. In Doss' case, he has enough skills to be a starter eventually and would have been taken earlier if he came from a big school. Hyatt would be good depth on the offensive line. He doesn't possess great physical tools, but the guy has played at a high level for 4 years with a 2- time National Champion. Can't forget the one defensive player- Chauncey Gardner-Johnson. He meets a need at safety and will provide good competition for Wilson.
That would be a great draft

7: R1P7 DL ED OLIVER - HOUSTON
38: R2P6 G DALTON RISNER - KANSAS STATE
69: R3P5 TE DAWSON KNOX - OLE MISS
98: R3P34 C ERIK MCCOY - TEXAS A&M
109: R4P7 S DARNELL SAVAGE JR - MARYLAND
178: R6P5 QB TYREE JACKSON - BUFFALO
236: R7P22 CB/S IMAN MARSHALL- USC

Not sure how much more you could ask for outside of 1 of Quinnen/Allen/Bosa falling to 7

(04-17-2019, 02:35 PM)JNev Wrote: 7: R1P7  DL ED OLIVER - HOUSTON
38: R2P6  G DALTON RISNER - KANSAS STATE
69: R3P5  TE DAWSON KNOX - OLE MISS
98: R3P34  C ERIK MCCOY - TEXAS A&M
109: R4P7  S DARNELL SAVAGE JR - MARYLAND
178: R6P5  QB TYREE JACKSON - BUFFALO
236: R7P22  CB/S IMAN MARSHALL- USC

Not sure how much more you could ask for outside of 1 of Quinnen/Allen/Bosa falling to 7

I can dig it.

7: R1P7
EDGE NICK BOSA
OHIO STATE
38: R2P6
TE T.J. HOCKENSON
IOWA
69: R3P5
S CHAUNCEY GARDNER-JOHNSON
FLORIDA
98: R3P34
C ELGTON JENKINS
MISSISSIPPI STATE
109: R4P7
G ROSS PIERSCHBACHER
ALABAMA
178: R6P5
RB BENNY SNELL JR.
KENTUCKY
236: R7P22
EDGE MICHAEL DOGBE
TEMPLE
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(04-17-2019, 03:09 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: 7: R1P7  
EDGE NICK BOSA
OHIO STATE
38: R2P6  
TE T.J. HOCKENSON
IOWA
69: R3P5
S CHAUNCEY GARDNER-JOHNSON
FLORIDA
98: R3P34  
C ELGTON JENKINS
MISSISSIPPI STATE
109: R4P7  
G ROSS PIERSCHBACHER
ALABAMA
178: R6P5  
RB BENNY SNELL JR.
KENTUCKY
236: R7P22  
EDGE MICHAEL DOGBE
TEMPLE

Bosa AND Hock? Big Grin

(04-17-2019, 02:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Rd. 2 -  Lindstrom

Rd. 3  - Gardner-Johnson

Rd. 3  -  Will Grier

Rd. 6 -  Keelan Doss

Rd. 7 -  Mitch Hyatt

That would be a great draft

Thanks. I really believe most of the picks will be there for the Jags, with the possible exceptions of Lindstrom and Montgomery. The weak part of this draft is not getting a pass rusher, but there's no way they can meet every single need in this draft. Smoot and Bryan will have to step up this year.

Rd. 2 -  Lindstrom

Rd. 3  - Gardner-Johnson

Rd. 3  -  Will Grier

Rd. 6 -  Keelan Doss

Rd. 7 -  Mitch Hyatt

I don't see how anyone could not give that draft high marks. I suspect Grier will have to be picked with the early 3, though.

(04-18-2019, 09:48 AM)Mikey Wrote:

Rd. 2 -  Lindstrom

Rd. 3  - Gardner-Johnson

Rd. 3  -  Will Grier

Rd. 6 -  Keelan Doss

Rd. 7 -  Mitch Hyatt

I don't see how anyone could not give that draft high marks. I suspect Grier will have to be picked with the early 3, though.

The gripe is that it provides no competition for Richardson at RT. I have a strong feeling that the Jags will select a prospect for that very reason with pick 7, 38, or 69.

(04-18-2019, 10:00 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-18-2019, 09:48 AM)Mikey Wrote: I don't see how anyone could not give that draft high marks. I suspect Grier will have to be picked with the early 3, though.

The gripe is that it provides no competition for Richardson at RT. I have a strong feeling that the Jags will select a prospect for that very reason with pick 7, 38, or 69.

This will be the most interesting (and important) decision of the draft for the Jaguars. Do they believe that either Richardson, Wells or one of the 2 free agents they acquired are capable of holding down the right tackle position? I believe the answer to that question is "yes" and this is why they pass on a right tackle in the first 3 rounds unless the value is just too good. McGary would be a solid 2nd round pick, but if Lindstrom is still available he would be too good to pass on. Risner is another possible 2nd rounder since he could play basically anywhere on the line, but he's also likely to be gone. 

If my scenerio plays out, will the Jaguars eventually regret passing on a right tackle? I don't think so since they have 4 guys competing for this position and the odds are that one of them will clearly win the job in training camp and do a respectable job during the season.

(04-18-2019, 11:00 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(04-18-2019, 10:00 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: The gripe is that it provides no competition for Richardson at RT. I have a strong feeling that the Jags will select a prospect for that very reason with pick 7, 38, or 69.

This will be the most interesting (and important) decision of the draft for the Jaguars. Do they believe that either Richardson, Wells or one of the 2 free agents they acquired are capable of holding down the right tackle position? I believe the answer to that question is "yes" and this is why they pass on a right tackle in the first 3 rounds unless the value is just too good. McGary would be a solid 2nd round pick, but if Lindstrom is still available he would be too good to pass on. Risner is another possible 2nd rounder since he could play basically anywhere on the line, but he's also likely to be gone. 

If my scenerio plays out, will the Jaguars eventually regret passing on a right tackle? I don't think so since they have 4 guys competing for this position and the odds are that one of them will clearly win the job in training camp and do a respectable job during the season.

I think we definitely will look to draft a RT in the first 3 rounds but if the value is to good at another position of need I don't think we will reach for a RT.  For example, if Gardner is there in the 3rd and all of our top rated RTs are off the board, I think we take Garnder who would most likely start day 1 at FS