Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2019 fanspeak mock

(02-02-2019, 11:05 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: One mock drafter on Good Morning Football has us taking a DT in the first round. Huh?

Gotta hedge the bets, in case Taven is a half-year wonder.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2019, 12:52 AM by JNev.)

My first one ever:
7: R1P7 OT JONAH WILLIAMS
38: R2P6 QB DREW LOCK
69: R3P5 TE T.J. HOCKENSON
94: R3P30 G CODY FORD
109: R4P7 QB WILL GRIER
180: R6P5 WR ANTHONY JOHNSON
238: R7P22 WR PRESTON WILLIAMS

Don't think Cody Ford is available in the 3rd haha and I'd be surprised if Grier lasts until the 4th but stranger things have happened

It's annoying Haskins never falls to 7 though

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2019, 01:07 AM by JNev.)

Attempt #2

Not getting Haskins really throws a wrench into everything. I'm not even a huge Jonah Williams guy but idk who else to take at 7

7: R1P7 OT JONAH WILLIAMS
38: R2P6 TE NOAH FANT
69: R3P5 WR DAMARKUS LODGE
94: R3P30 RB DARRELL HENDERSON
109: R4P7 WR HAKEEM BUTLER
180: R6P5 C NICK LINDER
238: R7P22 QB EASTON STICK

Grabbing 2 WR may seem like a lot but we gotta have the best 5 guys on that roster. Sure we took Chark in the 2nd last year but if he's not cutting it then put the better WR in there. This should create a really intense competition and make things easier on our bridge QB whether it be Tannehill, McCown, Flacco(please no), Tyrod, or Teddy. Stick can develop and next year's class should be a better shot at a Franchise guy.
DISCLAIMER: I really hope it doesn't come to this and we can get Haskins/Lock

19: R1P19
OT CODY FORD
OKLAHOMA

38: R2P6
TE T.J. HOCKENSON
IOWA

51: R2P19
WR DEEBO SAMUEL
SOUTH CAROLINA

54: R2P22
WR HAKEEM BUTLER
IOWA STATE

82: R3P18
G CONNOR MCGOVERN
PENN STATE

94: R3P30
QB JARRETT STIDHAM
AUBURN

103: R4P1
EDGE JAYLON FERGUSON
LOUISIANA TECH

121: R4P19
TE JOSH OLIVER
SAN JOSE STATE

238: R7P22
OT DERWIN GRAY
MARYLAND

Here is probably my dream draft. Yes I know it's completely unrealistic, but a guy can dream right? Josh Oliver can probably be switched with someone else, for example Khalen Saunders, but a second tight end could be nice. In order to help with this dream, I performed the following trades using fanspeak premium.
Gave up pick 7 overall for 19, 51, 82, and 121 by trading with the Titans.
Gave up picks 69 and 109 for pick 54 by trading with the Eagles.
Gave up 180 and next years 3rd for pick 103 by trading with the cardinals.

Your dream draft includes Jarrett Stidham?

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2019, 02:06 AM by JNev.)

Finally got Haskins!

7: R1P7 QB DWAYNE HASKINS
38: R2P6 TE NOAH FANT
69: R3P5 G MICHAEL JORDAN
94: R3P30 RB DARRELL HENDERSON
109: R4P7 WR JJ ARCEGA-WHITESIDE
180: R6P5 QB BRETT RYPIEN
238: R7P22 LB KHALIL HODGE

The "No Haskins because we decided to go all in on Nick Foles for some reason mock draft"

[Image: 14eaww5.jpg]

(02-05-2019, 01:15 AM)Cable Wrote: 19: R1P19
OT CODY FORD
OKLAHOMA

TE T.J. HOCKENSON
IOWA

51: R2P19
WR DEEBO SAMUEL
SOUTH CAROLINA

54: R2P22
WR HAKEEM BUTLER
IOWA STATE

82: R3P18
G CONNOR MCGOVERN
PENN STATE

QB JARRETT STIDHAM
AUBURN

103: R4P1
EDGE JAYLON FERGUSON
LOUISIANA TECH

121: R4P19
TE JOSH OLIVER
SAN JOSE STATE

OT DERWIN GRAY
MARYLAND

Here is probably my dream draft. Yes I know it's completely unrealistic, but a guy can dream right? Josh Oliver can probably be switched with someone else, for example Khalen Saunders, but a second tight end could be nice. In order to help with this dream, I performed the following trades using fanspeak premium.
Gave up pick 7 overall for 19, 51, 82, and 121 by trading with the Titans.
Gave up picks 69 and 109 for pick 54 by trading with the Eagles.
Gave up 180 and next years 3rd for pick 103 by trading with the cardinals.
If the Jaguars aren't able to get Haskins with pick 7, I believe this would be the best approach. You got 2 very solid receivers as well as 2 very good tight ends. Although Fan Speak is usually totally unrealistic, I believe all of your picks have a chance of being available when the Jags are on the board. Obviously, being able to trade back for good value is very difficult. I doubt the Titans would give up a 2nd, 3rd and 4th to move up 12 spots. Stidham is definitely a project and the Jags would need to find a q.b. in free agency who is an upgrade from Blake. It wouldn't surprise me if 4 of your picks became immediate starters: Ford, Hockenson, Samuel and McGovern.

I've done several of these Fanspeak mock drafts and always choose the "difficult" mode. I've noticed that there is a huge difference in the results based on which Big Board one takes. For example, I was able to select OT Jaawann Taylor in the 4th round; most draft sites have him going in the 1st 2 rounds. Another guy who has very variable results on Fanspeak is T.J. Hockenson. In one mock draft, I was actually able to get him with our
second 3rd round pick. Needless to say, that would be a steal if it ever was to happen (it won't). Most credible mocks have him going somewhere in the top 50 picks and he is either the 1st or 2nd tight end off the board
(Fant, his teammate is the other).

Fanspeak has convinced me to definitely wait until the final 2 rounds (if at all) to take a running back. There are always very good players available this late such as Darrell Henderson, who I got in the 7th round. There also many potential starters at wide receiver, although the only one who seems to stand out is Metcalf. There's no way the Jaguars would take him in the first due to injury concerns. Unless they pay for a free agent receiver, I see them taking one in either the 2nd or 3rd rounds. If A.J. Brown is there in the 2nd, he might be the guy they go for. If not, hopefully Deebo Samuel will fall to the 3rd round.

Finally, Duane Haskins seems to be one of the most divisive players based on his Fanspeak projections. Some Boards rate him somewhere in the 15-20 range while others have him top 5. If he doesn't shine during the Combine and individual workouts, I really believe there's a decent chance that he falls right into the Jaguars' laps. His lack of experience and lack of elusiveness seem the greatest concerns. Personally, this would be the
best scenerio by far; he just appears to stand head and shoulders above all the other quarterbacks. Of course, that's no guarantee he'll end up a franchise quarterback but he's defintely the guy I'd prefer at this point. I just don't think Foles is worth the money based on his overall track record.

Here's an "all offense" version that was too easy.  (Giants selected Kyler Murray)

[Image: ScreenShot2019-02-10at7.17.51PM.png]

(02-10-2019, 08:21 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Here's an "all offense" version that was too easy.  (Giants selected Kyler Murray)

[Image: ScreenShot2019-02-10at7.17.51PM.png]

I hope if the Giants take a QB, it is anyone but Haskins.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Both Haskins and Murray were gone by our pick.
7: R1P7
OT JONAH WILLIAMS
ALABAMA

QB DREW LOCK
MISSOURI

69: R3P5
TE JACE STERNBERGER
TEXAS A&M

G NATE HERBIG
STANFORD

109: R4P7
TE KENDALL BLANTON
MISSOURI

180: R6P5
WR ANTOINE WESLEY
TEXAS TECH

RB BRYCE LOVE
STANFORD

^I’m down. Not ideal, but lemonade out of lemons. Also highly doubt Lock lasts until 2nd rd

(02-13-2019, 11:57 PM)Dimson Wrote: Both Haskins and Murray were gone by our pick.
OT JONAH WILLIAMS
ALABAMA

QB DREW LOCK
MISSOURI

TE JACE STERNBERGER
TEXAS A&M

G NATE HERBIG
STANFORD

TE KENDALL BLANTON
MISSOURI

WR ANTOINE WESLEY
TEXAS TECH

RB BRYCE LOVE
STANFORD

In the spirit of Valentines Day I should confess that I am in love with Antoine Wesley as a prospect, would be psyched if we get him.

(02-14-2019, 01:10 AM)JNev Wrote: ^I’m down. Not ideal, but lemonade out of lemons. Also highly doubt Lock lasts until 2nd rd

Grier was available too and maybe Jones. I took Lock because he was the highest rated available.

I just did another one of these and it was the craziest yet. Quinnen Williams in the first and Duane Haskins in the 2nd. No way Haskins falls out of the first round, but I just wonder if his stock is dropping due to the mania over Murray and Lock's apparently gaining momentum as the draft is just slightly over 2 months away.

Picking Williams in the first was really tough due to all the needs on offense, but he was clearly the BAP and would enable the Jaguars to save money by cutting Dareus. I was still able to address offense with Edwards and Wesley in the 3rd, Knox in the 4th and Snell in the 6th.

(02-18-2019, 04:19 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I just did another one of these and it was the craziest yet. Quinnen Williams in the first and Duane Haskins in the 2nd. No way Haskins falls out of the first round, but I just wonder if his stock is dropping due to the mania over Murray and Lock's apparently gaining momentum as the draft is just slightly over 2 months away.

Picking Williams in the first was really tough due to all the needs on offense, but he was clearly the BAP and would enable the Jaguars to save money by cutting Dareus. I was still able to address offense with Edwards and Wesley in the 3rd, Knox in the 4th and Snell in the 6th.

I think this more due to all the draft rating sites/online writers/draftniks/etc. needing some controversy or story to get people to click their rankings/mock drafts and all that. The draft is 66 days away. There is still the combine, pro days, and free agency, so much time between then and now. They cannot have every ranking/rating being the same or there is not story or intrigue to get people to keep paying attention.

I decided to have fun and go defense in order to help free up some cap space by finding replacements.

DL QUINNEN WILLIAMS
ALABAMA

DL DEXTER LAWRENCE
CLEMSON

EDGE JAYLON FERGUSON
LOUISIANA TECH

74: R3P10
S JOHNATHAN ABRAM
MISSISSIPPI STATE

LB GERMAINE PRATT
NC STATE

OT KALEB MCGARY
WASHINGTON

OT DERWIN GRAY
MARYLAND

(02-20-2019, 12:07 AM)Cable Wrote: I decided to have fun and go defense in order to help free up some cap space by finding replacements.

DL QUINNEN WILLIAMS
ALABAMA

DL DEXTER LAWRENCE
CLEMSON

EDGE JAYLON FERGUSON
LOUISIANA TECH

74: R3P10
S JOHNATHAN ABRAM
MISSISSIPPI STATE

LB GERMAINE PRATT
NC STATE

OT KALEB MCGARY
WASHINGTON

OT DERWIN GRAY
MARYLAND

It's all fun and games until the fanbase literally explodes with rage.

DL RASHAN GARY
MICHIGAN
S TAYLOR RAPP
WASHINGTON
G CHRIS LINDSTROM
BOSTON COLLEGE
98: R3P34
TE ISAAC NAUTA
GEORGIA
WR ANDY ISABELLA
UMASS
178: R6P5
TE JACE STERNBERGER
TEXAS A&M
236: R7P22
RB BRYCE LOVE
STANFORD

Went ahead and did it a little different this time too. Decided to get Campbell and Gipsons replacements for next year and 2 of the best guys at their positions in this draft. Rapp who some have as the best safety in this draft along with Gary who has maybe the most potential out of any player in this draft. Some late round steals too. Did this draft with us getting Foles