Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NBA -- TANK FOR ZION (WILLIAMSON)

Time to start rooting against the Magic.  We need to Score Zero for Zion !!!

This could get ugly watching GMs & coaches make transactions and lineup changes in attempt to lose every game.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Fan of the Grizzlies here but man....he looks so promising and dominant. Not even mentioning RJ Barrett. I say you might as well hand Duke a ticket to the Final 4.

(11-07-2018, 04:24 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Time to start rooting against the Magic.  We need to Score Zero for Zion !!!

This could get ugly watching GMs & coaches make transactions and lineup changes in attempt to lose every game.

Eh, its all moot anyway. Orlando is the red headed step child of the NBA who can't keep a star.

(11-08-2018, 10:34 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Eh, its all moot anyway. Orlando is the red headed step child of the NBA who can't keep a star.

That's funny you mentioned that.  Barring any immediate developments, the Magic have 33 home games left and are pretty much out of the playoffs.  It must be painful being a season ticket holder.  At least our decade of misery was limited to 7 home games per season.

(11-08-2018, 01:56 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(11-08-2018, 10:34 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Eh, its all moot anyway. Orlando is the red headed step child of the NBA who can't keep a star.

That's funny you mentioned that.  Barring any immediate developments, the Magic have 33 home games left and are pretty much out of the playoffs.  It must be painful being a season ticket holder.  At least our decade of misery was limited to 7 home games per season.

Some of my fondest memories as a kid were driving down there in the 90's and watching Penny pull up in one of his 3 identical Lamborghini Diablo's that happened to be different colors and hearing Shaq coming from over a mile away with his sound system in the VOD, then proceeding inside to watch one of the most exciting duos in NBA history.

Then watching Shaq leave and then not even being able to keep a guy like Howard, I am not sure what isn't appealing about playing or living in Orlando, but it's gotta be something.

(11-07-2018, 04:24 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Time to start rooting against the Magic.  We need to Score Zero for Zion !!!

with the new lottery system, tanking won't help us that much.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(11-08-2018, 08:02 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:

with the new lottery system, tanking won't help us that much.

The new lottery system simply gives the worst 3 teams an equal shot at the number 1 pick (14%).

Tanking is still in play but it's not as critical to be the absolute worst but rather one of the 3 worst teams.

(11-08-2018, 04:10 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-08-2018, 01:56 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: That's funny you mentioned that.  Barring any immediate developments, the Magic have 33 home games left and are pretty much out of the playoffs.  It must be painful being a season ticket holder.  At least our decade of misery was limited to 7 home games per season.

Some of my fondest memories as a kid were driving down there in the 90's and watching Penny pull up in one of his 3 identical Lamborghini Diablo's that happened to be different colors and hearing Shaq coming from over a mile away with his sound system in the VOD, then proceeding inside to watch one of the most exciting duos in NBA history.

Then watching Shaq leave and then not even being able to keep a guy like Howard, I am not sure what isn't appealing about playing or living in Orlando, but it's gotta be something.

Nice !!!  I never got a chance to see the Magic in the 90s.  That said, I thought it was going to be the hot spot along with Boston and LA for the NBA until LeBron brought the glitz and glamour of Miami into focus.  That made me realize that if I made $20m/year I'd rather be hanging off the shores of the Biscayne Bay and living the South Beach nightlife rather than being relegated inland living the Disney lifestyle.  That said, I'm kind of shocked Miami isn't in play for Kawhi or some of the other top Free Agents to be.

Barrett is just as good or better

(11-09-2018, 10:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Barrett is just as good or better
Barrett is definitely better than Zion.

Zion just bullies people in high school or college because he’s bigger and stronger.

Barrett has an actual NBA skill set.

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2018, 02:04 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-13-2018, 12:52 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

Zion just bullies people in high school or college because he’s bigger and stronger.

I'm not buying that, Zion will be a great pro as well.  The guy is an athletic freak. With his size and explosiveness, he will bully some pros too

Cam Reddish is good too.

Zion is such a freak. Kid is 6'7 284 pounds. Real question is why is he playing basketball? He should be playing DE or TE. You got to wonder how much cartilage does he have in those knees. Crashing down at 284 pounds the way he does... I don't know man it's pretty punishing for the knees. He won't feel it yet, but by the time he is 25, oh yeah he'll feel it.

(11-14-2018, 02:03 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-13-2018, 12:52 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Barrett is definitely better than Zion.

I'm not buying that, Zion will be a great pro as well.  The guy is an athletic freak.  With his size and explosiveness, he will bully some pros too
You can't just bully people in the NBA forever. You have to develop some kind of game. Maybe Zion will but I've yet to see him really do anything besides bully and dunk.

He also needs to learn how to land properly. He's going to destroy his knees jumping that high and landing all 280 pounds of that big body.

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2018, 05:06 PM by JackCity.)

(11-13-2018, 12:52 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

Eh Zion absolutely has an NBA skillset. He's got really good handles, can pass very well (especially in transition) , obviously a great rim rummer and screener. His shooting isn't too good but he can at least do it.

He'll be strong enough to defend in the post and agile enough to guard 1-5 on the perimeter too.

Pair all that with some of the most freaky athleticism we've seen in the NBA and you have an elite NBA player. He's also only 18 and hustles like crazy.

He'll be the 2nd heaviest player in the NBA and up there with LeBron , Giannis and Westbrook athletically

If Charles Barkley and Lebron had a baby, that would be Zion

I have a strange feeling the Spurs will win the lottery this year.

Ganzaga just took down the all might Duke lol

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2018, 11:13 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(11-14-2018, 04:55 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-14-2018, 02:03 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm not buying that, Zion will be a great pro as well.  The guy is an athletic freak.  With his size and explosiveness, he will bully some pros too

You can't just bully people in the NBA forever
. You have to develop some kind of game. 

Shaq did.  He never really developed a drop step, hook shot, or even a consistent free throw (52.7%)

Zion has a much better offensive skill set than Shaq ever did.

(11-21-2018, 09:00 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ganzaga just took down the all might Duke lol

I like Duke a lot but I was kind of glad to see them go down as perfect seasons are so rare on the men's side of NCAA Hoops.

Eight teams have completed perfect seasons, including postseason tournament victories, since the tournament era began in 1938: The following teams completed a perfect regular season, but lost in the NCAA Tournament or other postseason action:

(11-14-2018, 06:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If Charles Barkley and Lebron had a baby,  that would be Zion

Can we at least go with Shaquille O'Neil and Brittney Griner having a baby ......

[Image: AhCvax9CMAASzkv.jpg]