Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Thursday Night Football: Packers vs Seahawks

Discuss.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Didn't get to watch this one, but I am reading that McCarthy is really on the hot seat now because of it.

(11-16-2018, 09:50 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Didn't get to watch this one, but I am reading that McCarthy is really on the hot seat now because of it.

Mike McCarthy elected to punt on 4th and 2 from the Packers own 28 yard line with around 4 minutes remaining in the 4th QTR.   The Packers only had 1 timeout remaining.    As it turned out,  the Punt and Punt Coverage were effective.  But the Seahawks ended up getting two 1st Downs.   Hence,  they were able to run out the clock.  One reason why I think McCarthy made a mistake in not going for the 1st Down was Pro Bowl caliber interior Defensive Lineman Mike Daniels suffered an injury earlier in the 2nd half that sidelined him the rest of the game.

The above was on top of McCarthy not challenging a ruled long completion to Tyler Lockett a few minutes earlier that put the Seahawks in the Red Zone.  One of the replay angles clearly showed that Lockett didn't have possession of the football.   McCarthy apparently didn't want to risk using the Packers only remaining time out.  The Seahawks ended up scoring the go ahead TD on a 3rd Down TD to TE Ed Dickson, who forever reason makes his greatest impact against NFC North teams.  Russell Wilson wasn't as accurate as usual for much of this game.  But he was right on target on this eventual game winning drive.  Tremendous clutch player!

Y'all didn't want my opinion on this game anyway.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!