Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump appointed judge orders Jim Acosta’s press pass be reissued

(11-19-2018, 12:30 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-19-2018, 11:08 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: What the voters in Texas and California wanted in 1980 has nothing to do with the vast difference between the illegals in 1980 vs. the illegals of 2018, which a conservative (or anyone with a IQ higher than chopped liver) would instantly recognize as an apples to oranges comparison. Your first three paragraphs are a deflection.

I don't think a person actively and illegally committing a crime by crossing a border to take money from other people has the same dignity as me.
You can speak for yourself. And your position of claiming they deserve the fruits of other people's labors just because they are equally human does say a lot about YOU. Forced income redistribution has never been a conservative position.

As for the last paragraph, that's a flat out lie on your part (probably parroting a lie you read on one of the Far Left websites you frequent). Trump has been opposed to separating families, but chose to uphold the existing law that was in place under Obama. Of course a family would not be separated if they didn't break the law and enter the US illegally to begin with. The parents actively chose to have their family separated. I feel sorry for the children of such parents, but it's a big world with lots of evil and no magic wand to fix everything. If they were US citizens the child welfare authorities would remove them from those parents too.

And don't even try to claim these are "asylum" seekers. They could seek asylum in any of a dozen or more countries much closer than the US, with the same language and much similar cultural values. Most are coming here solely to live off the dollars taken by force from working Americans.

The bold text there is totally wrong.  Most of the people we're talking about are crossing at posted locations and telling the police there that they intend to claim asylum as refugees.  There is nothing illegal about that.  And even if it was illegal we would then have to ask, like Augustine or MLK Jr., if the law was just.
Anyhow, after they cross, legal proceedings begin to find out if they are legitimately refugees or not.  We count the number of people who cross in this circumstance, and find out their names and where they intend to stay.  We give them court dates.  The vast majority keep their court dates.  They don't get money from the government unless they present enough evidence to the judges that they really are refugees.  Less than 40,000 people per year are granted this status.  It's a drop in the bucket.  It's not a significant amount of money in the end.  It's such a small number for the reasons you cite: many of them realize that they'll fit in better and have more success in places like Mexico.

I'm not actually a leftist, so if you want to blame Obama or Clinton for requiring families to be separated while these legal procedures go through, I'm not going to argue with you.  Even if you're right about that, though, I still blame Trump for continuing it.  Tu quoque is a fallacy.

Regarding the first part in bold, you most certainly are wrong about that.  They don't cross at "posted locations" and stay as far away from police as they can.  I've seen and witnessed it first hand.

Regarding the second part in bold, specifically the part in red.  I would love to see your source for that information.

I think you are confused regarding people that actually immigrate here legally vs. the illegal aliens that we have coming over the border every day.  It doesn't really surprise me that a millennial like yourself is so easily confused.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump appointed judge orders Jim Acosta’s press pass be reissued - by jagibelieve - 11-19-2018, 04:30 PM