Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump appointed judge orders Jim Acosta’s press pass be reissued

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2018, 11:37 PM by mikesez.)

(11-19-2018, 09:44 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(11-19-2018, 09:27 PM)mikesez Wrote: You may want to read that Marshall project article you linked to again.  It says that, historically, 75% of these people show up for their court dates. The number has unfortunately been lower, lately, for cases that involve whole families, however these cases are small fraction of the total.

And if you could provide some Citation with evidence for your claim that in the eighties they just came for jobs, while now they are coming for some sort of hand out that didn't exist in the 80s, that'd be great.

75% is not a "vast majority."

As far as the '80s, I have no idea what percentage came for jobs, but that's the premise Reagan and Bush were describing. Today over 50% of illegals receive welfare (I posted the links earlier).

So you pointed to a study, from an institute who mission is to make you want stricter immigration laws, about the current % on welfare, but you never did get around to agreeing with anyone about what is welfare and what is not, and you have zero data from earlier times to compare it to, but your message remains that this data is Very Important and Should Change My Mind.  Ok.

And you hand wave away your lack of data to compare by saying that I should trust Bush and Reagan when they said 38 years ago that most of them were coming for work.
But you say I should not trust Jeb Bush from 2 years ago when he said the exact same thing.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump appointed judge orders Jim Acosta’s press pass be reissued - by mikesez - 11-19-2018, 11:31 PM