Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Jaguars @ Bears Game Day Thread***

Quote:Chris Smith played well against the Colts. His reward, inactive.

Someone had to be inactive. Who didn't play well on our defensive line in that game? That offensive line was swiss cheese.
No commercial messages in sigs

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The less reps house gets the better. He's been the clear weak link on our defense so far. I've actually been happy with cyps performance ao far this yea. Outside of a few missed tackles he's been solid. And he's been better in coverage so far this year than in years past. I think our secondary is going to pick some balls off today because I feel we are going to get some consistent pressure from the edge rushers. Bears interior of their o line is solid but their tackles are weak.

If you had to (nit)pick weak spots, Cyp is one of those. He's played ok, and better than last season.

House was solid last year... I hope he can return to that form. Just makes our defense that much better. He's frustrated and pissed me off for sure with his soft play and penalties, but for our sake, I hope he returns to form.

Quote:Chris Smith played well against the Colts. His reward, inactive.

He did play well last week, and for that matter so did Josh Johnson. I'd rather see Shatley and Thompson inactive.

'02

Is Gipson playing? I read somewhere he was questionable

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Quote:I'm hoping zero reps for House.

Ramsey and Amukamara outside with Colvin in the slot is a nice group.

Cyp on Miller is a concern.

Statistically, we have done well against the TE (that's new for the Jags). But yes, Miller and Royal worry me. As long as Ramsey is on Jeffery, he doesn't worry me AS much. Regardless, Jags gotta pressure Hoyer and shut down the run.

Quote:Is Gipson playing? I read somewhere he was questionable

He's active, thankfully. Huge drop off from him to Thompson / Wilson.

Quote:I'm hoping zero reps for House. 

Ramsey and Amukamara outside with Colvin in the slot is a nice group. 

Cyprien on Miller is a concern. 

FWIW Davon House has a history of playing against the Bears.

Which receivers will Ramsey and Amukamara be assigned to?

Finally got a Sunday off from work, woot! NFL Redzone and a bottle of Jameson all ready, let's do it!

GO JAGS!!!

Should be home by game time
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2016, 12:40 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:It sure does and why? Because Gus has a track history of this.

It absolutely does not. We have only been blown out once this season and that was without Colvin or Amukamara.

Headed home from church now. Jersey going on, kids going down for nap. Times up, let's do this

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Everyone on NFLN picked the Bears but Rich Eisen

Heading up 95. Should be by Melbourne by the start of the game meaning I can get the broadcast for the start and be home in Jax by the 4th quarter.
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:Everyone on NFLN picked the Bears but Rich Eisen

What reasons did they give for picking the Bears?

Quote:What reasons did they give for picking the Bears?

none

They said its the Jags.

Hoyer is good

#becausejaguars

Quote:none

They always explain their picks.

Quote:Is Gipson playing? I read somewhere he was questionable

He was a gametime decision, but they decided to play him. You might see him take a few more breathers in this game to keep his injury in check, which perhaps also explains why Thompson is active instead of Josh Johnson.

'02