Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Monday Night Football: Chiefs vs Rams

Aaron donald is like Cameron wake when he played in the cfl. Absolutely unblockable

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What a crapfest.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

What a game, wow. 91 total points. That KC offense is legit, 44 on the Rams? Win or lose that is insane. That is going to be a tough team to beat. Will Andy Reid FINALLY get over his legendary levels of choking in the playoffs? Team has looked insane good all year.

This is exactly what the NFL wants, these kind of games.

Picks on every passing route, penalties on defenders for getting rhino'd by the receiver, sumo-like Oline play, commentators who can't quit hyping this god awful style of play. Might as well watch the AFL.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Jason Witten is probably one of the worst I have ever heard. He won’t be back next year. So bad.

(11-20-2018, 12:34 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: This is exactly what the NFL wants, these kind of games.

Yep, 51-47, how are you not entertained?

Unless you appreciate D play, this is the way it's going. Spread O's and deep plays to fast guys.

Basically college ball. 

Make that 54-51. Crazy.

(11-20-2018, 12:46 AM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(11-20-2018, 12:34 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: This is exactly what the NFL wants, these kind of games.

Yep, 51-47, how are you not entertained?

Unless you appreciate D play, this is the way it's going. Spread O's and deep plays to fast guys.

Basically college ball. 

Make that 54-51. Crazy.

This is great but I don’t want it to be the norm.

(11-20-2018, 12:49 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(11-20-2018, 12:46 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: Yep, 51-47, how are you not entertained?

Basically college ball. 

Make that 54-51. Crazy.

This is great but I don’t want it to be the norm.

Neither of these D's have played badly but both have given up 50. It's so hard to defend 5 routes, with them cossing and then deep routes to take the safeties. Plus with all the rules that favor the O, I fear GM's are looking at this and thinking 'this is what I want.

Mahomes is young he'll learn to secure the ball better.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

Mahomes just threw for more yards tonight than Blake has all year.

(11-20-2018, 01:03 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Mahomes just threw for more yards tonight than Blake has all year.

And almost as many Ints too. 50 points with 4? picks, absurd.

This game was insane. Imagine McVay's offensive mind with a defense like ours.....

It's funny to see this game tonight and then think about our struggles. We are light years behind dynamic offenses like this. Let's draft another defensive player with our first pick.

(11-20-2018, 12:40 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Picks on every passing route, penalties on defenders for getting rhino'd by the receiver, sumo-like Oline play, commentators who can't quit hyping this god awful style of play. Might as well watch the AFL.

As sad as it makes me (I love defense/defensive games and running the ball), this is modern football. We got picked on one of the big plays Pittsburgh had, last I checked that stuff is supposed to be flagged, but it never seems to be, much like offensive holding. Unless its us of course, then its fair game lol. This is all the NFL wants, pure excitement, nothing but offensive explosions. 

The rules are just way too slanted towards the offense, and it has diminished my passion for pro football quite a bit over the years. What cracks me up is these rules are for "player safety", but I don't see them applying any rules equally on offense and the defense.

This is the NFL equivalent of triple digit inflation; the more points scored / yards gained, the more meaningless the stats/records/accomplishments. Kind of like buying a loaf of bread in 1920's Germany for 10,000 marks.  If this becomes the norm rather than the exception, then the NFL has effectively become the Arena league.  Thank you, 2018 rules committee, for making previous NFL eras look inferior.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(11-20-2018, 03:50 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: This is the NFL equivalent of triple digit inflation; the more points scored / yards gained, the more meaningless the stats/records/accomplishments. Kind of like buying a loaf of bread in 1920's Germany for 10,000 marks.  If this becomes the norm rather than the exception, then the NFL has effectively become the Arena league.  Thank you, 2018 rules committee, for making previous NFL eras look inferior.

I have a very strong feeling that if the Jags had either one of these insanely good offenses your tune would quickly change. We're just bitter that the NFL is evolving rapidly and we're stuck with the stodgiest, least proactive team in the league.

Get off my lawn with all these points!

Game sucked. Same reason I rarely watch college ball. Two 50 burgers is not a NFL game as far as defensive play is concerned. Can you imagine the uproar on this board if the Jags put up 51 and still got beat. Are the masses screaming from the roof tops to clean house on the d side of the ball in KC and LA?
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2018, 08:38 AM by old_man.)

Horrible.  Turned it off as the combined score reached near 100 points.

College Football anyone?
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002