Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dave Caldwell's future?

Jags are making changes and may have more on the way.   Yet another top 5 bust in Bortles to add to Dave's resume.   Dave's roster is currently fielding a 3-8 team that is over the salary cap next year.   I hope Khan has a broom and ready for a clean sweep.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-26-2018, 03:51 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Jags are making changes and may have more on the way.   Yet another top 5 bust in Bortles to add to Dave's resume.   Dave's roster is currently fielding a 3-8 team that is over the salary cap next year.   I hope Khan has a broom and ready for a clean sweep.

I wouldn't trust Caldwell to order my dinner. He would screw something up. He needs to be gone.

Dave Caldwell puts ketchup on his steak and likes to drink autumnal mead. Adios plz.

(11-26-2018, 04:04 PM)Upper Wrote: Dave Caldwell puts ketchup on his steak and likes to drink autumnal mead. Adios plz.

So does Patrick Mcholmes, lol

He chose Bortles over Cousins...

(11-26-2018, 04:08 PM)Kcirred Wrote: He chose Bortles over Cousins...

I remember back in the offseason I wanted the Jaguars to go after Cousins, but you all wanted to stick with Bortles.  Then I was called a troll by everyone on the board because you saw how good Bortles performed in the playoffs, and his contract was cheap so that the jags could still go after free agents.   Looks like we have a bunch of Caldwell's on this forum who cant think outside the box.

I think we figured it all out in another thread. Tony Khan's "moneyball" Excel spreadsheet had the decimal place in the wrong position and Caldwell was getting errant statistics. It has been fixed.

(11-26-2018, 04:12 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(11-26-2018, 04:08 PM)Kcirred Wrote: He chose Bortles over Cousins...

I remember back in the offseason I wanted the Jaguars to go after Cousins, but you all wanted to stick with Bortles.  Then I was called a troll by everyone on the board because you saw how good Bortles performed in the playoffs, and his contract was cheap so that the jags could still go after free agents.   Looks like we have a bunch of Caldwell's on this forum who cant think outside the box.

Cousins isn't the savior the Viking was looking for either.....just saying
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

(11-26-2018, 04:13 PM)old_man Wrote:
(11-26-2018, 04:12 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: I remember back in the offseason I wanted the Jaguars to go after Cousins, but you all wanted to stick with Bortles.  Then I was called a troll by everyone on the board because you saw how good Bortles performed in the playoffs, and his contract was cheap so that the jags could still go after free agents.   Looks like we have a bunch of Caldwell's on this forum who cant think outside the box.

Cousins isn't the savior the Viking was looking for either.....just saying

At least when he throws the ball to Yeldon towards sideline, the ball hits his jersey and not 5 yards to the left of his body.  Just saying.

How much is Cousins making again? Behind this O Line he would already be on IR.

(11-26-2018, 04:16 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(11-26-2018, 04:13 PM)old_man Wrote: Cousins isn't the savior the Viking was looking for either.....just saying

At least when he throws the ball to Yeldon towards sideline, the ball hits his jersey and not 5 yards to the left of his body.  Just saying.
Lol or throw punts......
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

It would appear that Doug Marrone is on the hot seat. If that’s indeed true than Caldwell should be right there with him. He’s as much, if not more, responsible for the Blake Bortles fiasco.

(11-26-2018, 04:17 PM)old_man Wrote: How much is Cousins making again?  Behind this O Line he would already be on IR.

With Cousins, the D wont stack up the box and blitz the entire house because they'd respect Cousins ability to make reads and get the ball out quickly and accurately.  The QB can make a terrible O-line look at decent.  Peyton Manning, Big Ben, Marino played on bad olines at some time in their career and still made the best of it.

Khan is coming and boy is he po'ed
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(11-26-2018, 04:17 PM)old_man Wrote: How much is Cousins making again?  Behind this O Line he would already be on IR.

Cousins currently has one of the worst o-lines in the league and is playing like an all-pro.  I’d rather the jags pay Cousins at his current salary than pay Bortles the veteran minimum.

(11-26-2018, 04:19 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:

With Cousins, the D wont stack up the box and blitz the entire house because they'd respect Cousins ability to make reads and get the ball out quickly and accurately.  The QB can make a terrible O-line look at decent.  Peyton Manning, Big Ben, Marino played on bad olines at some time in their career and still made the best of it.

Cousins sucks.  He is your man crush though....

Now is not really the best time to suggest going after Cousins would have been a bad move. You already paid Blake half of what Cousins would have cost anyway.

(11-26-2018, 04:27 PM)Kcirred Wrote:

Cousins currently has one of the worst o-lines in the league and is playing like an all-pro.  I’d rather the jags pay Cousins at his current salary than pay Bortles the veteran minimum.

He is a choker......just about as bad as Stafford.....

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2018, 04:36 PM by Cleatwood.)

lol

Cousins line is some doo doo.

(11-26-2018, 04:31 PM)old_man Wrote:
(11-26-2018, 04:27 PM)Kcirred Wrote: Cousins currently has one of the worst o-lines in the league and is playing like an all-pro.  I’d rather the jags pay Cousins at his current salary than pay Bortles the veteran minimum.

He is a choker......just about as bad as Stafford.....
Changing the topic? Nice.

It's some level of comical that old man refuses to believe that other teams have bad olines also, and yet they have QBs that can be functional or better with said bad olines.