Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How Do You Feel About Marcel Dareus?

(11-26-2018, 07:05 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I think he is underappreciated by the majority of the fanbase. For what he gives you in the run game he also provides decent pass rush. Not a lot of players that can do that. He's also not been in trouble since coming to JAX.

In the wake of Bryan getting more snaps at 3T I think Dareus stays and Malik goes. If any go.
This.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Very pleased with Dareus, he singlehandedly saved our run defense last year and has been good again this season. Definitely worth the 5th rd pick

If he is willing to restucture his contract i would keep him. Right now he is our best run stopper

Keep him and kick Campbell, Jackson, and Bouye to the curb. Meeks has a higher ceiling than Bouye anyway and we are in rebuild mode.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

(11-27-2018, 07:43 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: Keep him and kick Campbell, Jackson, and Bouye to the curb. Meeks has a higher ceiling than Bouye anyway and we are in rebuild mode.

That's pretty drastic man. I think they'll hold onto Campbell for 2019. Bouye isn't going anywhere in 2019. Meeks may have a higher ceiling but when Bouye is playing the secondary FULLY benefits from it. I don't think I have seen him burned that much at all this year. 

Jackson is another player I wish they could figure out how to hold onto. He's only produced more and more each year he's been here. In fact, he's been a better player here in Jacksonville than what he was in Denver. There's a good chance they'll kick him and Dareus to the curb in a few months.

Again, and it's been cited more than once in this thread. They've been playing Bryan inside. So for the time being it appears the experiment to make him Campbell Jr. has failed in 2018. If he's going to be just a bull rusher or a guy that eats up space. They'll just keep him inside. They signed Abry Jones to a four year extension last year as well. So maybe they expect BOTH of them to start filling in the middle going forward. 

And, here's another thing. And some folks don't want to hear this. I know they selected Bryan last year in RD1. But this class coming up in a few months has a very, very, VERY talented and stacked group of defensive lineman. If we land a top 5 or 10 pick? Which right now it's looking to be the case. 

Get familiar and comfortable with names like Nick Bosa, Quinnen Williams, Clelin Ferrell, Derrick Brown and Ed Oliver. Every single one of those guys are already being touted as top 10 selections. And rightfully so. And if they have a chance to take one and they feel that maybe they can trade back into RD1 to land a QB like Grier or Haskins later on that night they'll probably pull the trigger and try to address two major needs while making sure that value lines up right.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

i want the alabama safety

(11-27-2018, 07:43 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: Keep him and kick Campbell, Jackson, and Bouye to the curb. Meeks has a higher ceiling than Bouye anyway and we are in rebuild mode.

Bouye has a dead money hit of 6M, savings would be 9.5M though for 2019. I would keep him. He is a baller and it's a passing league now more than ever!

Jackson has a 4M dead money hit and a savings of 11M in 2019. Gone. Taven Bryan get ready to start.

Church would be a 6.2M saving and no dead money. He could be replaced by Harrison all day!! Gone.

Parnell is another 6M saving with no dead money. Yet he has been one of our more reliable linemen, but up there in age, yet linemen usually play into their mid 30's. Soooooooo......Don't know.

Campbell has a 5M dead money hit and a savings of 9.5M in 2019. IMO keep him. This team needs leaders.

Gibson has 1.6M hit on dead money and a cap saving of 7.5M. IMO not worth the $$$. Gone. Honey Badger is a FA this off season. Pay him.

ASJ has a 1.8M dead money hit and 4.5M in savings. He hasn't showed me anything here or in NJ. Gone. Draft a TE.

Niles Paul has a $500K hit dead money and a 2M cap savings for 2019.

Just some info..........................These players are in the top 16 of salaries on the Jags, Parnell being the 16th one.

If you let Jackson, Church, Gibson, N. Paul and ASJ go that a savings of 32M in 2019. Dead money would be 8M. That's a start.
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

(11-27-2018, 07:59 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

That's pretty drastic man. I think they'll hold onto Campbell for 2019. Bouye isn't going anywhere in 2019. Meeks may have a higher ceiling but when Bouye is playing the secondary FULLY benefits from it. I don't think I have seen him burned that much at all this year. 

Jackson is another player I wish they could figure out how to hold onto. He's only produced more and more each year he's been here. In fact, he's been a better player here in Jacksonville than what he was in Denver. There's a good chance they'll kick him and Dareus to the curb in a few months.

Again, and it's been cited more than once in this thread. They've been playing Bryan inside. So for the time being it appears the experiment to make him Campbell Jr. has failed in 2018. If he's going to be just a bull rusher or a guy that eats up space. They'll just keep him inside. They signed Abry Jones to a four year extension last year as well. So maybe they expect BOTH of them to start filling in the middle going forward. 

And, here's another thing. And some folks don't want to hear this. I know they selected Bryan last year in RD1. But this class coming up in a few months has a very, very, VERY talented and stacked group of defensive lineman. If we land a top 5 or 10 pick? Which right now it's looking to be the case. 

Get familiar and comfortable with names like Nick Bosa, Quinnen Williams, Clelin Ferrell, Derrick Brown and Ed Oliver. Every single one of those guys are already being touted as top 10 selections. And rightfully so. And if they have a chance to take one and they feel that maybe they can trade back into RD1 to land a QB like Grier or Haskins later on that night they'll probably pull the trigger and try to address two major needs while making sure that value lines up right.

(11-27-2018, 08:27 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote:

Bouye has a dead money hit of 6M, savings would be 9.5M though for 2019. I would keep him. He is a baller and it's a passing league now more than ever!

Jackson has a 4M dead money hit and a savings of 11M in 2019. Gone. Taven Bryan get ready to start.

Church would be a 6.2M saving and no dead money. He could be replaced by Harrison all day!! Gone.

Parnell is another 6M saving with no dead money. Yet he has been one of our more reliable linemen, but up there in age, yet linemen usually play into their mid 30's. Soooooooo......Don't know.

Campbell has a 5M dead money hit and a savings of 9.5M in 2019. IMO keep him. This team needs leaders.

Gibson has 1.6M hit on dead money and a cap saving of 7.5M. IMO not worth the $$$. Gone. Honey Badger is a FA this off season. Pay him.

ASJ has a 1.8M dead money hit and 4.5M in savings. He hasn't showed me anything here or in NJ. Gone. Draft a TE.

Just some info..........................These players are in the top 16 of salaries on the Jags, Parnell being the 16th one.

If you let Jackson, Church, Gibson, N. Paul and ASJ go that a savings of 32M in 2019. Dead money would be 8M. That's a start.

and look at his sig, lol.  Irony at its finest

CALDRAC......Man you read my mind, I would really like to see Ed Oliver in a Jags uni!! Take our second rd. pick and one of two thirds and trade back up and get Grier or Haskins. That would be a drop the mic draft for me right there. Might save David Caldwell job if he did this.

(11-27-2018, 08:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-27-2018, 07:59 PM)Caldrac Wrote: That's pretty drastic man. I think they'll hold onto Campbell for 2019. Bouye isn't going anywhere in 2019. Meeks may have a higher ceiling but when Bouye is playing the secondary FULLY benefits from it. I don't think I have seen him burned that much at all this year. 

(11-27-2018, 08:27 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: Bouye has a dead money hit of 6M, savings would be 9.5M though for 2019. I would keep him. He is a baller and it's a passing league now more than ever!

and look at his sig, lol.  Irony at its finest

What's your point and what does that have to do with this thread?
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

(11-26-2018, 07:05 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I think he is underappreciated by the majority of the fanbase. For what he gives you in the run game he also provides decent pass rush. Not a lot of players that can do that. He's also not been in trouble since coming to JAX.

In the wake of Bryan getting more snaps at 3T I think Dareus stays and Malik goes. If any go.

I tend to agree with you on this. Bryan is more of a 3T and actually made a few plays last week. Jackson is likely the odd man out on the line.

We are 3rd on 1st down rush defense. Dareus a big part of that

I'm not sure what part of the word rebuild yall don't understand. Taven can learn from Dareus. Yannick is already into his own. If anything we need a leader at LB. Our LB corp seems out of sorts tbh. Meeks will learn from Ramsey. We don't need these other guys anymore. We aren't going to win anything meaningful next year. I believe they will move on from these FAs we brought in on defense except for Dareus.

(11-28-2018, 08:36 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: I'm not sure what part of the word rebuild yall don't understand...
Just to be clear - 
You think the Jags defense needs a rebuild?

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2018, 09:05 PM by Setsuna00.)

(11-28-2018, 08:44 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-28-2018, 08:36 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: I'm not sure what part of the word rebuild yall don't understand...
Just to be clear - 
You think the Jags defense needs a rebuild?

No. It needs the new blood we brought in to be raised up by the midling guys we have now. Ramsey and Yannick specifically. Not sure Telvin can lead guys. Jack seems to play with his heart more than his head. I'm not sure what we need at Safety though. The defense needs to grow up now. Veterans aren't bad to have just not at those price points.

https://twitter.com/logs56/status/1069709322744184833

Nice Lageman clip of Dareus disrupting the run with Taven Bryan alongside him.

(11-27-2018, 07:25 AM)navyjagfan Wrote: Dareus is the most likely DL to return next season.  Malik Jackson is almost certainly gone, and Calais Campbell is simply going to be one year older and he's about a $10 M cap savings.  You keep Abry Jones and Marcell Dareus as the starters at DT, rotate in Bryan on passing downs, and Smoot takes over at the other end spot.  Draft is deep with DT's anyway.

I think they'll work out a restructured deal with Campbell.  He's too valuable an asset as a leader in the locker room on a team that is sorely lacking for leadership.  It helps that he's still productive.  They can probably work out a deal that incentivises his production while being more cap friendly for the team so that they can fix other gaping holes this team needs to address.

When Dareus is on, he is absolutely dominant.  It's difficult to find a big guy like him who is as athletic, but if you watch him out there, he is all over the place impacting plays.  My concern is that he has started with back issues, and that could become more of a problem moving forward, but I agree that he is probably the one guy that they will retain.

It's pretty much a consensus that Jackson is the first man out because of his contract.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]