Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kessler's Audition

Bring back Denard, or how about Milanovich plays and Kessler calls the game.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Still better than Bortles

(12-02-2018, 04:59 PM)old_man Wrote: They were more happy that Church was not starting....

Man was it refreshing not seeing Church out there blowing coverages and whiffing tackles all over the place.

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2018, 06:24 PM by Mowerguy.)

All the changes came together....didn't really expect the win myself
but give the kid credit. The D showed up and getting his first win has got to
build his confidence. Next year will come and we can do what TC feels we need to do.

And how about Ramsey? and Yannick? and Calais? and.....the whole secondary?
shut the clots down!
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

His 150 yards in the air and the impressive runs he made with our 3 best lineman out along with LF, not to mention a new OC. The [BLEEP] was impressive on Kesslers part

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2018, 06:22 PM by JagFanFirst.)

I was surprised to see Cody had some mobility.

You can add the drops, penalties, and fumble by Hyde to the list that really helped Kessler get his first win

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2018, 06:30 PM by Eric1.)

(12-02-2018, 06:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: His 150 yards in the air and the impressive runs he made with our 3 best lineman out along with LF, not to mention a new OC.  The [BLEEP] was impressive on Kesslers part

Yea, 7 of our 10 Offensive possessions ending in punts, with 6 three and outs are really impressive by him as well lol.

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2018, 06:35 PM by JackCity.)

Let's be real, he checked down far too much to run an effective offense of any kind. That's not good, and it's why he's a backup type. I do think he had a handful of nice timing plays and had some nice improv.

He's much more accurate than Blake and has quicker release which I think outweighs his flaws more so than Blake's positives outweigh his.

Is he a starter? No, is he a good QB? Not particularly. Is he a very solid backup who can pinch hit when needed? Sure, that's right in his wheelhouse

(12-02-2018, 06:28 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(12-02-2018, 06:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: His 150 yards in the air and the impressive runs he made with our 3 best lineman out along with LF, not to mention a new OC.  The [BLEEP] was impressive on Kesslers part

Yea, 7 of our 10 Offensive possessions ending in punts, with 6 three and outs are really impressive by him as well lol.

Better than bortles INT
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Looked like the same exact same offense. Bad QB.

(12-02-2018, 06:39 PM)Trunt8728 Wrote: Looked like the same exact same offense. Bad QB.

Definitely not an improvement.

(12-02-2018, 06:36 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(12-02-2018, 06:28 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Yea, 7 of our 10 Offensive possessions ending in punts, with 6 three and outs are really impressive by him as well lol.

Better than bortles INT

Yup

(12-02-2018, 06:34 PM)JackCity Wrote: Let's be real, he checked down far too much to run an effective offense of any kind. That's not good, and it's why he's a backup type. I do think he had a handful of nice timing plays and had some nice improv.  

He's much more accurate than Blake and has quicker release which I think outweighs his flaws more so than Blake's positives outweigh his.

Is he a starter? No, is he a good QB? Not particularly. Is he a very solid backup who can pinch hit when needed? Sure, that's right in his wheelhouse

^ Bingo

(12-02-2018, 06:34 PM)JackCity Wrote: Let's be real, he checked down far too much to run an effective offense of any kind. That's not good, and it's why he's a backup type. I do think he had a handful of nice timing plays and had some nice improv.

I agree in general, but I do think he had nice placement on a couple of those deep balls. Unfortunately Dede took way too long to turn and adjust to one of them and then he did a very poorly sold double move on the other.

All things considered, he did alright. He's not a long term answer although seems like he'll ultimately be a competent backup if we ever get our OL in some kind of functional shape.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

If they can just carefully dial up a few more intermediate things each week and convince him not to check down as often, he can help the Jags win a couple more.

We will be watching next week. He didn't do much. The D actually play one of the best games they played all year. Granted it was to make right the wrongs from the last Colts game.

Also, not having Church in the lineup helped.
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

Other than the fact that the ball looks better coming out of his hand than it does with Bortles, I don't think the qb position improved this week.

The OL is still terrible.  Our WRs couldn't start for any other team in the league.  We don't have a RB than can get his own yards when Fournette isn't on the field.  And the game plan is still what it is regardless of OC.

But I am happy for a W!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Bad ball placement but at least they were spirals. Got lucky on the dropped interception but showed some escape. I was shocked he didn't get put in the concussion protocol.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.