Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Happy 25th Anniversary, Jacksonville Jaguars!

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2018, 01:43 PM by AmeliaFL.)

Hi, Jaguars fans!   Smile  A historic day in Duval County in this day on November 30, 1993, when the NFL and League Commissioner Paul Tagliabue awarded an NFL franchise to the city of Jacksonville, Florida, instead of St. Louis or Baltimore to original owner Wayne Weaver.  Jaguars are featured in this morning's Florida-Times Union.

Among the accomplishments, the Jaguars reached the AFC Championship in just their third season in 1998, and again in 2017. 

GO JAGUARS!!!!!  Wink  Smile Cool

https://www.jacksonville.com/photogaller...09996/PH/1

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-30-2018, 01:42 PM)AmeliaFL Wrote: Hi, Jaguars fans!   Smile  A historic day in Duval County in this day on November 30, 1993, when the NFL and League Commissioner Paul Tagliabue awarded an NFL franchise to the city of Jacksonville, Florida, instead of St. Louis or Baltimore to original owner Wayne Weaver.  Jaguars are featured in this morning's Florida-Times Union.

Among the accomplishments, the Jaguars reached the AFC Championship in just their third season in 1998, and again in 2017. 

Thanks for pointing this out.  Minor point of correction however, the Jags have been in 3 AFC championship games to date:  They made it in their 2nd season in '96.  They made it again in '99 and '17 as well.

25 years ago today ..... totally changed the landscape of the City of Jacksonville

Thank you Wayne Weaver.

(11-30-2018, 01:58 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(11-30-2018, 01:42 PM)AmeliaFL Wrote: Hi, Jaguars fans!   Smile  A historic day in Duval County in this day on November 30, 1993, when the NFL and League Commissioner Paul Tagliabue awarded an NFL franchise to the city of Jacksonville, Florida, instead of St. Louis or Baltimore to original owner Wayne Weaver.  Jaguars are featured in this morning's Florida-Times Union.

Thanks for pointing this out.  Minor point of correction however, the Jags have been in 3 AFC championship games to date:  They made it in their 2nd season in '96.  They made it again in '99 and '17 as well.

The 1996 appearance was special.  I remember going to the stadium to welcome the team home the night that they beat the Broncos.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Where has 25 years gone? Seems like it went by in a blink of eye. I remember I was doing work in St. Augustine that day when the announcement came over the radio.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2018, 06:28 PM by Jags.)

(11-30-2018, 05:51 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: Where has 25 years gone? Seems like it went by in a blink of eye. I remember I was doing work in St. Augustine that day when the announcement came over the radio.

Tell me about it.  I was 11 twenty-five years ago.  I was just having fun playing whatever sport was in season.   Since then, the girl stage, college stage work stage, wife stage, family stage.  Damn it! When I think about it, the Jaguars made me a man!  Thanks Jaguars! Smile

I started watching professional football in the laste 80's and was a 49er bandwagon fan until the Jaguars were announced to have a team in 1993. I still have a few items with the original logo that they had to change because the Jaguar car company threatened to sue.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Probably my favorite birthday present.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]