Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Replace our two linebackers with Dallas’ two and how better is the defense?

Smith and Jack to me has been bad and sometime down right terrible this whole year. Yeah they’ve had a few games where they’ve played at a decent level but overall between them and Barry Church I think they’ve taken a unit that could’ve been historically great and made them regular. Pass coverage, run fits, and miscommunication has come from that spot routinely all year and at times have made the whole unit look bad. 

Put in Jaylon Smith and Leightin Vanderbilt Esch and they’d be bigger, stronger, and if not as fast they’re just a little bit less faster than what ours are now. These undersized backers looked good last year but strength is a problem for both of them. Add in they’re not being great leaders and generals on the field and it’s evident why they’re back to nothing special as a group anymore. They’ve already extended one of em do they wanna spend money on the other to get these results for years?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Drinking already huh?

I think its a wash but I will say Telvin needs to fix his pass coverage issues too much hesitation and biting on fakes this year.
No Fun

Too add to this, I'm starting to think that Leightin Vander Esch was our target in the draft and Dallas scooped him right before us, hence the surprise pick of Bryan....
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2018, 02:26 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

What if we had Andrew Luck instead of Blake Bortles?
What if we had Ezekial Elliott instead of Leonard Fournette?
What if we had David Bakhtiari instead of the musical chairs we have had at LT this year?
What if we would have had Quenton Nelson, Max Unger, Zack Martin and Ryan Ramczyk instead of Norwell, Linder, Cann and Parnell?
What if we had Julio Jones, Adam Thielen and Tyreek Hill instead of Cole, Moncrief and Westbrook?
What if we had Travis Kelce instead of the musical chairs we've had at TE?

I bet we'd be leading the division.  Rolleyes

(12-01-2018, 02:24 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: What if we had Andrew Luck instead of Blake Bortles?
What if we had David Bakhtiari instead of the musical chairs we have had at LT this year?
What if we would have had Quenton Nelson, Max Unger, Zack Martin and Ryan Ramczyk instead of Norwell, Linder, Cann and Parnell?
What if we had Julio Jones, Adam Thielen and Tyreek Hill instead of Cole, Moncrief and Westbrook?

You could have stopped at Luck....

(12-01-2018, 02:53 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-01-2018, 02:24 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: What if we had Andrew Luck instead of Blake Bortles?

You could have stopped at Luck....

True.  Smile

Dumb thread

Can we build a time machine and get Mike Singletary and Wilbur Marshall. We be scary good.

Unless they know how to blitz it isn't going to fix the main issue with the defense.   The defensive line pressure hasn't been great.  Last time we played Luck he had a very clean Jersey after the game.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

^ that’s probably because it was played on artificial turf.

But but but Myles Jack was gonna be DPOY...

Telvin Smith and Myles Jack played their tails off today.

Hope that (or something near it) becomes the new standard of performance. They play like that every week - I wouldn't trade them for anyone.

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2018, 08:20 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

I think Smith and Jack seen this post. Both had their best game of the season and was a big part of the shutout. Has Dallas had a shutout this year?

(12-02-2018, 07:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Telvin Smith and Myles Jack played their tails off today.  

Hope that (or something near it) becomes the new standard of performance. They play like that every week - I wouldn't trade them for anyone.

this