Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mike McCarthy: Future Jags Coach? (merged)

McDaniels is a snake. Don't be stupid.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No no no no. Just no. Guy only won one SB with Farve and Rodgers, he won't do squat with our guys.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2018, 03:47 AM by Mowerguy.)

(12-02-2018, 11:36 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(12-02-2018, 08:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: No, open the check book for Josh McDaniels

Nope and nope because 

1. He’s a weasel and look no further than what he did to Indy 

2. Belichick tree coaches have for the most part, not really succeeded upon departing the patriots

Exactly....as far as McCarthy....prolly not....Brown's bound anyway
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

No. More. Retreads.

Im wit it
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

We are a team built around our defense. If you hire this guy, who is he going to bring in as DC? Dom Capers? That worked in GB, right?

He's gone stale, or maybe he got tired of butting heads with A. A. Ron. Either way, I don't see how we are an attractive destination for him to choose as his next destination or that if he does choose to coach here, that he'll do anything better with the team that's in place.

I also don't think it would be a good look for the FO to give Marrone the boot on the off-chance that someone like McCarthy would accept an offer. There is no loyalty or patience shown by management, and that would be a HUGE red flag to any potential hire. I'm not saying we keep Marrone just because he's on staff now, and hasn't been here for 10 years, but if McCarthy says no, what is your plan B?

(12-02-2018, 08:49 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-02-2018, 08:39 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: no he had a great qb to help him win super bowl with arron rodegers.  we need a HC thatcan win with a lousy  or good qb. without rogers mike wouldn't have a super bowl ring.

I thought you wanted a SB winning head coach?

yes i do want a SB winning HC,but mike won a SB with a super star QB like rogers. we need us a SB winning HC that can win with lousy qbs like we have.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(12-03-2018, 11:23 AM)Mikey Wrote: We are a team built around our defense. If you hire this guy, who is he going to bring in as DC?  Dom Capers? That worked in GB, right?

He's gone stale, or maybe he got tired of butting heads with A. A. Ron. Either way, I don't see how we are an attractive destination for him to choose as his next destination or that if he does choose to coach here, that he'll do anything better with the team that's in place.

I also don't think it would be a good look for the FO to give Marrone the boot on the off-chance that someone like McCarthy would accept an offer. There is no loyalty or patience shown by management, and that would be a HUGE red flag to any potential hire. I'm not saying we keep Marrone just because he's on staff now, and hasn't been here for 10 years, but if McCarthy says no, what is your plan B?

I actually wouldn’t mind Capers. He could get very creative with our defense. 1999 says hello

I don't want coward who doesn't go for it on 4th and 1 with a hall of fame caliber type QB under center in a must win game.

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2018, 05:07 PM by Kane.)

Eh... I'm more inclined to give a young up and comer a shot.
Kliff Kingsbury perhaps?

Although I'm sure McCarthy would do much better with a young QB to mold, rather than a seasoned vet that according to rumors is kind of a [BLEEP].

Listen out for Kliff Kingsbury. He’s gonna be a hot name soon.

(12-03-2018, 06:14 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Listen out for Kliff Kingsbury. He’s gonna be a hot name soon.

I read an article Saturday that said he was going to USC.

(12-03-2018, 12:04 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote:
(12-02-2018, 08:49 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I thought you wanted a SB winning head coach?

yes i do want a SB winning HC,but mike won a SB with a super star QB like rogers. we need us a SB winning HC that can win with lousy qbs like we have.

So Brian Billick? I think he's the only one alive who qualifies.

Urban Meyer will be the HC of the Green Bay Packers. Watch.

(12-04-2018, 12:21 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: Urban Meyer will be the HC of the Green Bay Packers. Watch.

For his sake, I hope not. His health appears to be a risk, and I hope that's only stress-related.

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2018, 04:15 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

(12-03-2018, 06:14 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Listen out for Kliff Kingsbury. He’s gonna be a hot name soon.

USC Trojans finally getting with the times. Moving on from that outdated run/pass balance NFL offense, to a wide open Big 12 shotgun spread passing attack. USC back on top to take on Bama and Clemson next year.

(12-04-2018, 02:07 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-04-2018, 12:21 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: Urban Meyer will be the HC of the Green Bay Packers. Watch.

For his sake, I hope not. His health appears to be a risk, and I hope that's only stress-related.
I honestly don't believe this "health" thing people keep throwing around. He just seems to have some kind of ailment when his program is about to get in trouble or he realizes his path to the playoffs will have any sort of resistance.

(12-02-2018, 08:10 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: Mike Mccarthy Fired in green bay Does TC bring him in for a chat??
Maybe. I don't see him landing here as the coach, though. I'm still not even close to sure that Marrone is getting fired.

(12-02-2018, 08:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: No, open the check book for Josh McDaniels
Let's look at McDaniels' track record:
-As an OC, he has worked almost exclusively with Tom Brady, who is the best quarterback ever to play the game.
-As a head coach in Denver, he was so astonishingly bad that he was fired in less than two years.
-As a head coach in Indy, well, he never was the head coach in Indy, because he backed out after weeks of leading the team on, and after the team had already announced him as their guy.

(12-02-2018, 10:02 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: He will be the browns new head coach.

I would go after the texas tech head coach for OC.
You mean the coach who's in such high demand that Texas Tech fired him and he ended up at USC as the offensive coordinator? Not saying never, but I am saying not right now.

(12-03-2018, 09:50 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: No. More. Retreads.
My philosophy is more about hiring the right coach than it is about avoiding retreads. If we're talking about Jim Caldwell, Marvin Lewis or Hue Jackson, hell no, stay away, but if it's Mike McCarthy, he's worth at least sitting down and talking to.

(12-03-2018, 11:23 AM)Mikey Wrote: We are a team built around our defense. If you hire this guy, who is he going to bring in as DC? Dom Capers? That worked in GB, right?

I think the McDaniels/Indy clusterfudge has proven that any team which doesn't have a Plan B on line 2 until the ink is dry is screwing things up mightily.

(12-04-2018, 02:07 PM)Mikey Wrote:

His "health" problems surface every four years or so. You know, when he's gotten all he can out of his first batch of recruits and feels like things are about to go south. Any pro team that hires him will regret it.