Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Malik Jackson - Disappointing

(12-06-2018, 09:05 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-06-2018, 02:12 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: The hell?

I get it, he's older and expensive. Flip side is he's still highly productive and we don't have an easily identifiable replacement ready. But the cliff comes fast for guys like him, so is 1 year too soon or 1 year too late the better option?

Dude, shut up! Stop making sense. It hurts my head. Oh wait, wrong topic.  Rolleyes

I say one more year and get his replacement ready.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-05-2018, 06:25 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(12-05-2018, 06:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Nah. 

It's broke. Gotta fix it now. Even if it's just a patch.  Can't put it off again
But thats what got us in this position. took gabbert should have waited untill the better QB class next year. Took blake shoud have waited untill next year with better Qb class. i would rather ride it out with blake who could be good enough with new OC and or New HC and a healthy Oline and the defense playing like they should. get us back to playoffs then adreess QB in the better class in 2020. Blake cost us at best 2 games this year the OC /coaches cost us 3 and the defense with their head up their butts cost us 3. I am a Blake Fan but i Think we need to start to look at a new QB but i dont want to settle like we have been and pick too soon. This year is not a good class.
Is it lonely being the only person left on the Blake train?

Also, how do you know this class is weak? 2 years ago was supposed to be a weak class and now Watson and Mahomes are leading the AFC. Haskins and Herbert look very good. Are you not sold on Haskins but for some reason you're sold on Blake? And what new OC is going to come in here and risk his job to coach Blake Bortles for one season? No one.

This franchise can not go to the fans and say "Hey guys. We are gonna ride it out again with Blake. You pumped?!" Blakes time here is done based on every single thing that has happened this season. They've seen him crumble when the team calls upon him to step it up instead of riding the coat tails of the defense. They saw him benched at half time for Cody Kessler against the Texans. Then a couple games later, flat out benched for Kessler and Kessler isn't good.

(12-06-2018, 09:05 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-06-2018, 02:12 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: The hell?

I get it, he's older and expensive. Flip side is he's still highly productive and we don't have an easily identifiable replacement ready. But the cliff comes fast for guys like him, so is 1 year too soon or 1 year too late the better option?

Depends. How's Smoot look? Because if the answer is anything other than "ready for a bigger role", I'd vote for a year too late in this case. The team doesn't have the cap room to go after a big end in free agency, and there are other positions that need the attention at the top of the draft.