Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
With the firing of Hackett..

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2018, 11:38 AM by old_man.)

I have went back and forth about the potential firing of Marrone.

I thought he was going to be fired,  then I thought he would get another year.

But after further thinking about the release of Hackett, I would not be surprised if Marrone is fired at season end.

We gained nothing by firing Hackett,  and Marrone did him a favor and Hackett will have additional time to prepare for a new role for a new team. 

If Marrone was sticking around next season,  Hackett would have been retained.
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-03-2018, 11:32 AM)old_man Wrote: I have went back and forth about the potential firing of Marrone.

But after further thinking about the release of Hackett, I would not be surprised if Marrone is fired at season end.

We gained nothing buy firing Hackett,  and Marrone did him a favor and Hackett will have additional time to prepare for a new role for a new team. 

idk myself. Weird situation imo.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2018, 11:45 AM by Shelley Thompson.)

So that sure makes Jax an attractive gig if you basically float the Titanic to the surface your first year only to get canned at the end of your very next season in which Typhoid Mary visited and you had to fire a longtime friend who had been dog paddling an offense with an anchor around its neck called BOAT. Pun intended. Marrone has job security. He earned it last year and this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think Hackett's firing indicates anything beyond Marrone doing what most HCs do when they drop 7 straight.

He made changes to try to salvage his job security. Even if largely symbolic, something's gotta give when you're hanging losses week after week and your offense can't buy a first down with a billion dollars.

Out of the potential coaching vacancies, not sure how high Jacksonville actually is.

If I were a HC, I would have Cleveland, GB, and Carolina all ranked ahead of Jacksonville.

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2018, 01:45 PM by JAGFAN88.)

Its not Xs and Os with Marone. Its the management of the team where he is failing. The discipline is a major problem on the team and that is on the HC. He needs to go mainly for that. #fireMarone

(12-03-2018, 01:45 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: Its not Xs and Os with Marone. Its the management of the team where he is failing. The discipline is a major problem on the team and that is on the HC. He needs to go mainly for that. #fireMarone
Haven't you been complaining about X's and O's with this coaching staff in just about every other thread?

(12-03-2018, 02:09 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-03-2018, 01:45 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: Its not Xs and Os with Marone. Its the management of the team where he is failing. The discipline is a major problem on the team and that is on the HC. He needs to go mainly for that. #fireMarone
Haven't you been complaining about X's and O's with this coaching staff in just about every other thread?

yes and hackett is gone marone dont call the plays. but these stoopid penalties is getting to be too much. i want them all gone marone and walsh too. but these penalties are changing the game.

(12-03-2018, 11:32 AM)old_man Wrote: I have went back and forth about the potential firing of Marrone.

We gained nothing by firing Hackett,  and Marrone did him a favor and Hackett will have additional time to prepare for a new role for a new team. 

Marrone is sticking around next season.  Book it now.  This notion that he's going to be fired after this season is silly.  Sorry.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

The exciting 6 oh win guarantees coach marrone will be backed hopefully with an extension

The only way Marrone goes is if TC desires to get back on the field as a Head Coach.

Hackett was fired due to his inability to make halftime adjustments or think beyond running up the middle during the most critical times of the games.

(12-03-2018, 02:42 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(12-03-2018, 02:09 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Haven't you been complaining about X's and O's with this coaching staff in just about every other thread?

yes and hackett is gone marone dont call the plays. but these stoopid penalties is getting to be too much. i want them all gone marone and walsh too. but these penalties are changing the game.
Marrone doesn't call the plays but don't you think he's somewhat responsible for the overall offensive philosophy?

The penalties are absurd but Marrone is also responsible for the X's and O's.

I hope so.

Stupid penalties like mowing down the player signalling fair catch or running into the kicker
have got to stop
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(12-03-2018, 02:44 PM)FBT Wrote:

Marrone is sticking around next season.  Book it now.  This notion that he's going to be fired after this season is silly.  Sorry.

I agree.  I just continue to waffle.
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002