Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gruden stumps Bortles

Blaine was very sharp. Smart QB.

Blake always responds with "umm's" and confused looks, no matter what. I feel like most of the time, he's thinking what he wants to say but cant.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Grudges sounds like he really likes the Jags. Maybe he'd coach em next year.

Which is interesting because I would be willing to bet simple fractions stump Gruden.

Quote:I'd be more concerned about our coaches. Bortles isn't dumb.

In terms of QBs football IQ , I'd have him towards the bottom.

Quote:Grudges sounds like he really likes the Jags. Maybe he'd coach em next year.

Hell no.

Gruden is one of the last guys I would want here.

Quote:Blaine was very sharp. Smart QB.

Blake always responds with "umm's" and confused looks, no matter what. I feel like most of the time, he's thinking what he wants to say but cant.
Blaine had a Rolodex of cliches he used and was dis-genuine as all get out.

Blake actually speaks like a human.

Blaine was useless...... even in interviews.... 

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2016, 12:53 PM by Scarecrow.)

Quote:In terms of QBs football IQ , I'd have him towards the bottom.

How would you possibly be able to know this though?

Quote:Hell no.

Gruden is one of the last guys I would want here.

I can think of worse. Much, much worse.

Quote:I can think of worse. Much, much worse.

He won a super bowl with Dungy's team and was a below .500 coach in his years after that in Tampa.

He's not a good option at all. Average coach at best that hasn't coached in years.

Hard pass.

Quote:He won a super bowl with Dungy's team and was a below .500 coach in his years after that in Tampa.

He's not a good option at all. Average coach at best that hasn't coached in years.

Hard pass.

And he beat the Raiders. Which was the team he built.

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2016, 01:04 PM by JackCity.)

Quote:How would you possibly be able to know this though?
Well based on watching QBs, if I had to rank them in terms of football IQ I'd have Blake near the bottom of starting QBs.

I'm sure everyone would have a different list.

Quote:And he beat the Raiders. Which was the team he built.

A team he knew very well. I'd say that made it at least a tad easier for him.

No way would I hire Gruden. He's way overrated and hasn't coached in far too long.

He needs to stay in the booth (though I don't care for him there either) and stay off the sidelines.

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2016, 01:11 PM by JagsGooner.)

The whole "Blake stares down his receivers" on every play gets over blown around here. There has been many times where someone has said he stared down the receiver right after the play. When they replay it, you can clearly see he didn't. He went thru atleast 2 reads first before settling in. Just gets old people commenting on him staring down a receiver when he didnt. Some people just need to nag about something to make their lives feel complete.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:The whole "Blake stares down his receivers" on every play gets over blown around here. There has been many times where someone has said he stared down the receiver right after the play. When they replay it, you can clearly see he didn't. He went thru atleast 2 reads first before settling in. Just gets old people commenting on him staring down a receiver when he didnt. Some people just need to nag about something to make their lives feel complete.

That along with its pretty difficult to tell where a QBs eyes are most of the time. Just because they don't swivel they're head all the time doesn't necessarily mean anything.

The Gruden fascination is....fascinating.

[Image: 6be7806cb94cd2c30cb31372136c0353_crop_no...h=506&q=75]

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Idc what anyone else says. I like Gruden as a coaching prospect. I get people will have differing opinions, and that's cool.

I'm sure Darlo can appreciate this...

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:That along with its pretty difficult to tell where a QBs eyes are most of the time. Just because they don't swivel they're head all the time doesn't necessarily mean anything.
That's true. I mean of the replays that are shown more from the end zone view to where you can see him looking around. Even then maybe he has great peripheral vision that allows hike not to move his head so much. I actually can see like past a 45 degree beside me but I get that a helmet will block a lot.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_Nq3xuHkgE

I'm sure Darlo can appreciate this...

:teehee:

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...