Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gruden stumps Bortles

All Bortles knows is throw jump balls to AR15.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:All Bortles knows is throw jump balls to AR15.
That's all Stafford did to megatron. That worked out all right.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:He won a super bowl with Dungy's team and was a below .500 coach in his years after that in Tampa.

He's not a good option at all. Average coach at best that hasn't coached in years.

Hard pass.

I've never been a fan, he over complicates the offense and is a horrible play caller.  You think we run too many screens now.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Quote:That's all Stafford did to megatron. That worked out all right.

And how many playoff wins did the Stafford and Megatron tandem win? A QB needs more in his arsenal than that.

"Knowledge is power, guard it well."

Damnit Bortles, you NEVER throw the venus on the spider 2 y banana! 

Who brought it up on the radio? I find it hard to believe Bortles was struggling with offensive concepts at a fan event. Terminology? Maybe, but not concepts.

Quote:And how many playoff wins did the Stafford and Megatron tandem win? A QB needs more in his arsenal than that.

I apologize if the following article is off topic.  But it provides timely reference material that relates to what you mentioned and it might tie into this thread:

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/201...iver_index

In some ways, Matthew Stafford has been better without Calvin Johnson

Quote:Who brought it up on the radio? I find it hard to believe Bortles was struggling with offensive concepts at a fan event. Terminology? Maybe, but not concepts.

Prosser and Dempsey.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:The whole "Blake stares down his receivers" on every play gets over blown around here. There has been many times where someone has said he stared down the receiver right after the play. When they replay it, you can clearly see he didn't. He went thru atleast 2 reads first before settling in. Just gets old people commenting on him staring down a receiver when he didnt. Some people just need to nag about something to make their lives feel complete.
Amen, and yet us blake supporters are too sensitive when we point these myths and inconsistencies out to everyone on here. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:All Bortles knows is throw jump balls to AR15.
You couldn't wait to criticize and i would be so surprise if it makes you all warm and fuzzy inside to slam our own QB. Just do us a favor and root for another team like some of the other band-wagoners in this city. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:LOL .... Gruden Loved Johnny Manziel

That's cause for not paying any attention to gruden.

I think the world knew jm was a bust.

Arrogant knuckleheads like him never seem to do well in the N Freakin' L

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:LOL .... Gruden Loved Johnny Manziel
This...difficult to think much of Gruden's player projections when he thinks a 5'9" QB who gets wasted every night is going to be a stud in the NFL.  

Quote:Just heard on 1010xl that last night during the "Meet me at the 50" event where Gruden was the featured guest, he did his Gruden rookie QB camp schtick with Bortles and Bortles looked flat out confused with alot of the concepts Gruden was drawing up on the whiteboard. Should this be a cause for concern for a 3rd year QB or non issue?
And we all know what a great coach Gruden was.  .500 record with TB over 7 years and hasn't coached in 8 years.   Won the Super Bowl with Tony Dungy's team.

Quote:And we all know what a great coach Gruden was.  .500 record with TB over 7 years and hasn't coached in 8 years.   Won the Super Bowl with Tony Dungy's team.

which is still an amazing achievement compared to what this clown Bradley has done

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Not surprising considering Bortles hasn't had an NFL coach since he's been here. NFL concepts are something our team hasn't understood in years. The praise before his draft was worthy as he is a great talent and was the top player on many team's boards.

No pain, no gain.

Quote:That's all Stafford did to megatron. That worked out all right.
How many rings did that get them?

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:I told you this guy was a knucklehead
He's no Charles Barkley

Gruden turned Rich Gannon and Brad Johnson into household names. If he couldn't stump Bortles I'd be more confused.

No pain, no gain.

Jon Gruden is not some great coach. He took a team that was already built to the Super Bowl.

I think that year, they had a handful of Pro Bowlers and All Pros. John Lynch, Alstott, Dunn, Brooks, Sapp, Ronde Barber,

They were stacked. Gruden is not a guy I want.

I think this just shows a lot of us what we always suspected. He's highly overrated based on some good play from other people, but when it comes down to it he just doesn't have the football mind required to succeed at the top level in the NFL. He isn't elite, he never has been elite, and he never will be elite, and the sooner we come to terms with that, the better.

Anyway, enough about Gruden. Bortles is awesome!