Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gruden stumps Bortles

Quote:I think this just shows a lot of us what we always suspected. He's highly overrated based on some good play from other people, but when it comes down to it he just doesn't have the football mind required to succeed at the top level in the NFL. He isn't elite, he never has been elite, and he never will be elite, and the sooner we come to terms with that, the better.

Anyway, enough about Gruden. Bortles is awesome!

LOVE this!!

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Jon Gruden is not some great coach. He took a team that was already built to the Super Bowl.

I think that year, they had a handful of Pro Bowlers and All Pros. John Lynch, Alstott, Dunn, Brooks, Sapp, Ronde Barber,

They were stacked. Gruden is not a guy I want.

Why is someone a bad coach that won a Super Bowl with a stacked roster? It proves he can win with a stacked roster.

So STACK YOUR ROSTER and win...

I feel that our team now relatively speaking is stacked compared to how we've been in a long time. Yet we are still 1-3
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:I also heard on the radio Gruden say that Gus was the best coach in the league and "the moon will move" for this franchise and we will go on a win streak.

Can't make this stuff up.

There's a reason Gruden is a TV commentator rather than a coach.  He was a mediocre coach with a big personality who won his SB with Tony Dungy's team.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Quote:Why is someone a bad coach that won a Super Bowl with a stacked roster?

Idk, because I didn't say that.

Quote:There's a reason Gruden is a TV commentator rather than a coach.  He was a mediocre coach with a big personality who won his SB with Tony Dungy's team.

He was also a made-up-on-the-spot "tuck rule" call away from the Superbowl when he coached the Raiders.

With the Bucs he never had a good QB, yet he had a winning record four of his seven seasons there. Gruden went 9-7 his last year in TB with this roster (his replacement was 3-13 the next year):

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/te...roster.htm

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2016, 09:33 AM by jagherd.)

Quote:And he beat the Raiders. Which was the team he built.
That Raiders team led by Gruden was very good.

They were one of, if not the best AFC team for a string of a few years with Gruden.

They had terrible luck in the playoffs while Gruden was there.

They lost the "tuck rule" fumble game in New England.

They also lost a tough game to the 2000 Ravens in the playoffs.

And, I'm pretty sure that in '99, Tennessee went out there and beat the Raiders to advance to the AFCC against Jax (iirc).

Anyway, the Raiders couldn't get over the hump in the playoffs for a while. But, they were a very good team with Gruden as a coach. He was a perfect fit for that Raiders team for quite a while.

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2016, 09:52 AM by Treestone Ice.)

Gruden also said if given the opportunity to hire one coach in the entire league, it'd be Gus Bradley.

Jon Gruden could stump the wisest of men with some of the dumbest [BLEEP] imagineable.

Typical butt-hurt Jaguar fans that can't take the smallest of player criticism from any source, bashing & discrediting Jon Gruden because Blake "reportedly" struggled on the white board, how is that Jon's fault? And if this actually happened, why would any of you be surprised? It's beyond CLEAR this QB struggles to see the field, this is evident when you watch the All-22, as he misses open receivers often. There are numerous examples of this but week 1 against the Packers comes to mind, in the 1st quarter of that game Blake locks onto Marqise Lee and proceeds to throw an inaccurate pass behind him, resulting in an interception, Allen Hurns was wide open on the right side of the field, Blake never looked his way. Fast forward to a crucial 3rd down late in the 4th quarter, the Jaguars are driving to take the lead, Allen Hurns is lined up on the left side of the field and Rashaad Greene is in the slot, Hurns runs an out and Green runs a slant, Green is blanketed by the Packers DB but Blake inexplicably proceeds to force the ball into him, resulting in a critical incompletion at that juncture, just like in the 1st quarter, Allen Hurns is wide open on the left side of the field, Blake (again) never looked his way.

Blake is not comfortable going through his reads while in the pocket, he has a tendency to lock on o his first read, forcing the ball into him, that combined with his inaccuracy issues is the reason why he turns the ball over so much. We can sit here and blame coaches etc.., but the fact of the matter is "coaching" isn't the reason why the reason why this QB misses open WR's, Greg Olson isn't telling Blake to "force the ball", Greg Olson isn't the reason why Blake is inaccurate, those are issues that only Blake can fix. I watched BRIAN HOYER throw for over 400 yards against the same pathetic Colts defense that Blake played "ok" against, throwing the ball to guys like Cameron Meredith, Eddie Royal, and Zach Miller, in watching Hoyer the difference between him and Blake is night and day. Hoyer is decisive, accurate, and comfortably goes through his reads while in the pocket, he's simply playing better than Blake right now. Bortles is obviously more talented, but "raw" talent doesn't matter if you can't do the little things, and right now Blake is struggling with the nuances of the position.

Quote:Gruden also said if given the opportunity to hire one coach in the entire league, it'd be Gus Bradley.

Jon Gruden could stump the wisest of men with some of the dumbest [BAD WORD REMOVED] imagineable.

Gus would be a good DC for Gruden.

It gives me concern because Blake doesn't realize he needs to check out of Flip Right waggle jet Double X Zebra Go to Stingray trips X-ray 40 blast when the defense is in cover 2.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2016, 12:07 PM by leopold332002.)

Quote:Typical butt-hurt Jaguar fans that can't take the smallest of player criticism from any source, bashing & discrediting Jon Gruden because Blake "reportedly" struggled on the white board, how is that Jon's fault? And if this actually happened, why would any of you be surprised? It's beyond CLEAR this QB struggles to see the field, this is evident when you watch the All-22, as he misses open receivers often. There are numerous examples of this but week 1 against the Packers comes to mind, in the 1st quarter of that game Blake locks onto Marqise Lee and proceeds to throw an inaccurate pass behind him, resulting in an interception, Allen Hurns was wide open on the right side of the field, Blake never looked his way. Fast forward to a crucial 3rd down late in the 4th quarter, the Jaguars are driving to take the lead, Allen Hurns is lined up on the left side of the field and Rashaad Greene is in the slot, Hurns runs an out and Green runs a slant, Green is blanketed by the Packers DB but Blake inexplicably proceeds to force the ball into him, resulting in a critical incompletion at that juncture, just like in the 1st quarter, Allen Hurns is wide open on the left side of the field, Blake (again) never looked his way.

Blake is not comfortable going through his reads while in the pocket, he has a tendency to lock on o his first read, forcing the ball into him, that combined with his inaccuracy issues is the reason why he turns the ball over so much. We can sit here and blame coaches etc.., but the fact of the matter is "coaching" isn't the reason why the reason why this QB misses open WR's, Greg Olson isn't telling Blake to "force the ball", Greg Olson isn't the reason why Blake is inaccurate, those are issues that only Blake can fix. I watched BRIAN HOYER throw for over 400 yards against the same pathetic Colts defense that Blake played "ok" against, throwing the ball to guys like Cameron Meredith, Eddie Royal, and Zach Miller, in watching Hoyer the difference between him and Blake is night and day. Hoyer is decisive, accurate, and comfortably goes through his reads while in the pocket, he's simply playing better than Blake right now. Bortles is obviously more talented, but "raw" talent doesn't matter if you can't do the little things, and right now Blake is struggling with the nuances of the position.
we're butt hurt because people like you always want to spew negatively towards him instead of letting it play out.

Bortles isn't what I would call a cerebral QB, but Gruden stumping him with another offense'S lingo isn't concerning. Most of Bortles struggles are coming from him not trusting himself. I've seen him make some great reads... just needs to be consistent.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:we're butt hurt because people like you always want to spew negatively towards him instead of letting it play out.

I've been one of Blakes biggest supporters on this board, but I'd be fooling myself if I didn't admit there are some legitimate concerns, there's nothing wrong with player criticism. There is something wrong with people who choose to keep their heads in the sand while ignoring the obvious, I presented facts in my post, those facts cannot be disputed. You call it "spewing negativity", the fact is this is the reality of the situation.