Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week in the AFC South-Week 15

(12-12-2018, 10:45 PM)Bullseye Wrote: The long nightmare that is the Jaguars 2018 season continues.  After a stellar defensive performance against the Colts that resulted in a shut out of the otherwise red hot team, the Jaguars defense played as if they were done for the year, wanting no part of tacks RB Derrick Henry in another embarrassing loss to the tacks.  Meanwhile, the Colts bounced back from their embarrassing shut out loss to the Jaguars  and beat the previously red hot Texans in Houston.
Not seeing the Colts beating the Texans in Houston, my record last week was 1-1, but it was good enough to still keep me one game above .500.
As for the picks this week…
Washington (6-7) at Jacksonville (4-9)-Washington lost their top two QBs to serious injury.  Alex Smith’s broken leg might be a career ender after infection kicked in.  I’m no fan of Washington, but that really sucks for him.  I hope he and Chase Daniel make complete recoveries.  In their place were Mark Sanchez, he of the butt fumble, and Josh Johnson, who, before this year, last played in an NFL game in 2011.  That’s seven years.  I won’t say anything else on that point.   Johnson gets the start against a Jaguars’ defense absolutely embarrassed on national television.  They have had problems against mobile QBs all year long, but I think Jacksonville wins their home finale 17-13.

Cowboys (8-5) at Colts (7-6)-Under Jerry Jones, the Cowboys have made some questionable trades for WRs over the years, throwing a bunch of draft pick capital for Joey Galloway and Roy Williams.   However, the trade for former Raiders’ first round pick Amari Cooper may actually pay some dividends.  The Cowboys have been on a bit of a tear since the deal, and Cooper basically knocked the Eagles out of the playoffs this past Sunday.  Meanwhile, the Colts have won six out of their last seven games.  I think Dallas’ defense poses another stern test of the Colts’ offense, and I don’t think the Colts’ defense can shut down Dallas.  Dallas wins 23-20

Texans (9-4) at N.Y. Jets (4-9)-Simply put, I don’t see Sam Darnold and that Jets offense having much success against that Texans’ defense.   Texans win 28-10.

Tacks (7-6) at N.Y. Giants (5-8)-the Giants have played reasonably well the past few weeks, having won four out of the last five games.  Meanwhile, the tacks rolled over my Jaguars to remain in playoff contention.  While Giants’ rookie RB Saquon Barkley looks like he has a great future, I don’t see the Giants’ offense having much success against the tack defense.  Tacks win 21-17.
Last week:  1-1
Overall:  21-20  

Welp...

This week:. 2-2
Overall: 23-22

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2018, 11:29 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

(12-13-2018, 10:07 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(12-12-2018, 10:45 PM)Bullseye Wrote: The long nightmare that is the Jaguars 2018 season continues.  After a stellar defensive performance against the Colts that resulted in a shut out of the otherwise red hot team, the Jaguars defense played as if they were done for the year, wanting no part of tacks RB Derrick Henry in another embarrassing loss to the tacks.  Meanwhile, the Colts bounced back from their embarrassing shut out loss to the Jaguars  and beat the previously red hot Texans in Houston.
Not seeing the Colts beating the Texans in Houston, my record last week was 1-1, but it was good enough to still keep me one game above .500.
As for the picks this week…
Washington (6-7) at Jacksonville (4-9)-Washington lost their top two QBs to serious injury.  Alex Smith’s broken leg might be a career ender after infection kicked in.  I’m no fan of Washington, but that really sucks for him.  I hope he and Chase Daniel make complete recoveries.  In their place were Mark Sanchez, he of the butt fumble, and Josh Johnson, who, before this year, last played in an NFL game in 2011.  That’s seven years.  I won’t say anything else on that point.   Johnson gets the start against a Jaguars’ defense absolutely embarrassed on national television.  They have had problems against mobile QBs all year long, but I think Jacksonville wins their home finale 17-13.

Cowboys (8-5) at Colts (7-6)-Under Jerry Jones, the Cowboys have made some questionable trades for WRs over the years, throwing a bunch of draft pick capital for Joey Galloway and Roy Williams.   However, the trade for former Raiders’ first round pick Amari Cooper may actually pay some dividends.  The Cowboys have been on a bit of a tear since the deal, and Cooper basically knocked the Eagles out of the playoffs this past Sunday.  Meanwhile, the Colts have won six out of their last seven games.  I think Dallas’ defense poses another stern test of the Colts’ offense, and I don’t think the Colts’ defense can shut down Dallas.  Dallas wins 23-20

Texans (9-4) at N.Y. Jets (4-9)-Simply put, I don’t see Sam Darnold and that Jets offense having much success against that Texans’ defense.   Texans win 28-10.

Tacks (7-6) at N.Y. Giants (5-8)-the Giants have played reasonably well the past few weeks, having won four out of the last five games.  Meanwhile, the tacks rolled over my Jaguars to remain in playoff contention.  While Giants’ rookie RB Saquon Barkley looks like he has a great future, I don’t see the Giants’ offense having much success against the tack defense.  Tacks win 21-17.
Last week:  1-1
Overall:  21-20  

Jags
Cowboys
Texans
Tacks

2-2 Kessler sucks
21-21 overall

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(12-16-2018, 05:09 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(12-13-2018, 10:07 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: Jags
Cowboys
Texans
Tacks

3-1 Kessler sucks
23-20 overall

How's that 3-1?

(12-13-2018, 12:58 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: 23-19 overall. 

this week 

I'm going to say these teams win 

Jets

Giants 

Redskins

no way the new cleveland browns win another game while doug is still the HC. Jags laughing stock of nfl again even more then clevland ever was.

1-2 this week.    24-21 overall.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(12-16-2018, 05:13 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(12-16-2018, 05:09 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: 3-1 Kessler sucks
23-20 overall

How's that 3-1?

Lol thought I had picked colts, now I see i didnt ty for the catch.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(12-16-2018, 11:28 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(12-16-2018, 05:13 PM)Bullseye Wrote: How's that 3-1?

Lol thought I had picked colts, now I see i didnt ty for the catch.

I flirted with picking the Colts...and the skins..but this is how the season has gone for me.

But no biggie on your post.  For a second I thought I missed something.  We had the same picks.  I would have loved a 3-1 myself.

1-3 at least the tacks held up. 21-25
[Image: incredulous.gif]

(12-13-2018, 05:18 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: This week I'm going to go out on a limb.  My winner selections are as follows.

Jacksonville
Houston
Indianapolis
Giants

Welp...  2-2 this week.  I'm still too lazy to look up my season stats.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(12-13-2018, 03:16 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: 13-29 overall
0-2 last week

Jaguars over Redskins
Cowboys over Colts
Texans over Jets
Giants over Titans

1-3 this week
14-32 overall
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(12-13-2018, 10:41 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: 21-18

Jags
cowboys
tinhorns
thumbtacks

2-2

23-20 overall