Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Saturday Night Football: Ravens vs Chargers

(12-22-2018, 10:50 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-22-2018, 10:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The biggest reason Bal. is where they are is because of their defense, not because they are running a run heavy attack on offense.  Allen has made some nice throws but has one of the worst olines and receiving corps if not the worst.  He looked good last game, I think the go offense early to give him a little help and I see him making big strides next year.  I never said he has been good but neither has Jackson.  I'm sure Jackson will break 180 yards passing game soon

It's a combination of both actually. The defense was very strong early in the year too. This new rush heavy attack has been catching teams by surprise and keeping the possessions to a minimum, granted this is the first goodish defense they've played.   

He's looked good in flashes but mostly awful, the same as he did his college career and the same as Bortles did as a rookie. It's very interesting that Bills fans are full of praise for a limited passing QB that can run the ball really considering they all trash Tyrod when he was there. Very interesting indeed.

And yeah I'm not saying Lamar is a good passer right now (all rookie QBs should be expected to be below average) ,just he's been playing better than every rookie not named Mayfield. Rosen and Allen have looked lost. Darnold has put some real nice games/drives together but he's still a turnover machine and that doesn't seem to be going away.

Think it's more a case Lamar is on a good side and doesn't need to do much.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-23-2018, 02:43 AM)lastonealive Wrote:
(12-22-2018, 10:50 PM)JackCity Wrote: It's a combination of both actually. The defense was very strong early in the year too. This new rush heavy attack has been catching teams by surprise and keeping the possessions to a minimum, granted this is the first goodish defense they've played.   

He's looked good in flashes but mostly awful, the same as he did his college career and the same as Bortles did as a rookie. It's very interesting that Bills fans are full of praise for a limited passing QB that can run the ball really considering they all trash Tyrod when he was there. Very interesting indeed.

And yeah I'm not saying Lamar is a good passer right now (all rookie QBs should be expected to be below average) ,just he's been playing better than every rookie not named Mayfield. Rosen and Allen have looked lost. Darnold has put some real nice games/drives together but he's still a turnover machine and that doesn't seem to be going away.

The Ravens stretch since Lamar took over has had a historic amount of rush yards. I don't think you can discount the effect he's had on the offensive side of the ball.

Yes purely as a passer he hasn't been asked to do too much and has the defense to fall back on even when he messes up.

If he's making that pass to Andrews consistently...

(12-23-2018, 02:43 AM)lastonealive Wrote:
(12-22-2018, 10:50 PM)JackCity Wrote: It's a combination of both actually. The defense was very strong early in the year too. This new rush heavy attack has been catching teams by surprise and keeping the possessions to a minimum, granted this is the first goodish defense they've played.   

Clearly