Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stafford trade rumors...a Jag?

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2018, 02:59 PM by Caldrac.)

He's a decent QB. Pretty accurate passer. Not afraid to stand back and sling it. I feel like it's just not a well managed franchise. They've never really supported Stafford with a ground game. The defense up there has been hit or miss. Over the last five years he has been apart of a handful of winning seasons. I think for the right price he would be great anywhere.

He just needs to be on a more balanced football team. If you go back and look at his career they've put entirely too much on his plate. I think at one point he had well over 700 pass attempts and he tends to flirt with the high 500's - low 600's on average every year. And outside of Calvin Johnson Jr. He's never really that many viable threats on the outside.

I would take him here in a heartbeat. If they feel like they won't land an instant starter at QB and they feel comfortable with what they have on defense. Maybe fork over a pair of 3's and maybe NEXT year's 1st. I wouldn't give up this year's 1st. But I would give up a pair of 3's and maybe next year's 1 for a guy entering 2019 at the age of 31 with hopefully a cap friendly deal.

With all that said. I don't think Patricia lets him go at all. He's really the only talent they have up there on offense. As much as they have struggled over the years. I don't feel Stafford is hindering them at all. It's the front office that needs to get it's act together. It's the same reason we've seen Aaron Rodgers struggle up and down in Green Bay. Poor management. Cheap management.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stafford trade rumors...a Jag? - by Caldrac - 12-28-2018, 02:58 PM
RE: Stafford trade rumors...a Jag? - by Mikey - 12-28-2018, 03:02 PM
RE: Stafford trade rumors...a Jag? - by old_man - 12-28-2018, 03:05 PM
RE: Stafford trade rumors...a Jag? - by NYC4jags - 12-28-2018, 03:06 PM
RE: Stafford trade rumors...a Jag? - by D6 - 12-28-2018, 03:25 PM
RE: Stafford trade rumors...a Jag? - by roycee - 12-28-2018, 03:17 PM
RE: Stafford trade rumors...a Jag? - by JackCity - 12-28-2018, 09:38 PM
Stafford trade rumors...a Jag? - by p_rushing - 12-28-2018, 05:31 PM
RE: Stafford trade rumors...a Jag? - by TJBender - 12-29-2018, 03:31 AM
RE: Stafford trade rumors...a Jag? - by roycee - 12-29-2018, 05:08 PM
RE: Stafford trade rumors...a Jag? - by D6 - 12-30-2018, 06:16 AM