Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Drew Lock - QB

(12-29-2018, 02:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-29-2018, 01:37 PM)JackCity Wrote: Lamar struggling Vs ranked opponents was absolutely something I took into consideration though. Yet his traits , electric ability as a runner and his experience running pro style concepts at a high level sold me on trusting him to play well in the pros. Lock struggling Vs ranked teams isn't the reason I don't like him, it's just part of the evaluation , like it should be with every QB.

Sorry correction to the above. Huepel was Locks OC for two seasons , one of the best offensive minds in the country and noted QB guru, currently UCFs head coach. So no , coaching is not an excuse.

I think we found a new player for flgators to get emotionally tied into and die on a hill over just because other people don't like him like he does

It's funny you say this and there are people on here saying Haskins or bust lol.  Should go check some of that out.  Comedy gold at its finest

I don't think most people are Haskins or bust. People like me are simply saying they would only select Haskins in the top 10. I have no problem with moving out of the top 25 and taking Lock or Grier. Even though I believe we they could be had with our pick in round 2.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2018, 05:34 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-29-2018, 04:34 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-29-2018, 02:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It's funny you say this and there are people on here saying Haskins or bust lol.  Should go check some of that out.  Comedy gold at its finest

I don't think most people are Haskins or bust. People like me are simply saying they would only select Haskins in the top 10. I have no problem with moving out of the top 25 and taking Lock or Grier. Even though I believe we they could be had with our pick in round 2.

Where would you rank Lock and Grier with Darnold, Rosen, Allen, and Jackson as prospects?

(12-29-2018, 04:34 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-29-2018, 02:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It's funny you say this and there are people on here saying Haskins or bust lol.  Should go check some of that out.  Comedy gold at its finest

I feel that way about Haskins btw.  If we took him in the 2nd I'd be good with it

Williams in the first and Hakins in the 2nd would be a good haul

(12-29-2018, 05:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-29-2018, 04:34 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I don't think most people are Haskins or bust. People like me are simply saying they would only select Haskins in the top 10. I have no problem with moving out of the top 25 and taking Lock or Grier. Even though I believe we they could be had with our pick in round 2.

Where would you rank Lock and Grier with Darnold, Rosen, Allen, and Jackson as prospects?

(12-29-2018, 04:34 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I don't think most people are Haskins or bust. People like me are simply saying they would only select Haskins in the top 10. I have no problem with moving out of the top 25 and taking Lock or Grier. Even though I believe we they could be had with our pick in round 2.

I feel that way about Haskins btw.  If we took him in the 2nd I'd be good with it

Williams in the first and Hakins in the 2nd would be a good haul

1. Darnold
2a. Lock
2b. Grier
3. Rosen
4. Allen
5. Jackson

Personally, if Haskins is gone, I believe realistically, the ideal draft would be #9 Christian Wilkins (to pair next to Taven Bryan on the inside), #41 Drew Lock. I would even try to get a little higher to take him.

I believe Williams will be gone when we pick, but if he's there, he'd definitely be my top pick. If not, we should trade down or take the BAP.

Jackson > Rosen > Darnold > Lock > Grier > Allen. As prospects. I'd have Darnold ahead of Rosen knowing what we know after their rookie seasons.

(12-29-2018, 07:48 PM)Upper Wrote: Jackson > Rosen > Darnold > Lock > Grier > Allen. As prospects. I'd have Darnold ahead of Rosen knowing what we know after their rookie seasons.

Jackson is not a good passer. All he does well is run. I don't want a running QB. That is what RB's are for. I want a guy who can make plays through the air.

(12-29-2018, 07:48 PM)Upper Wrote: Jackson > Rosen > Darnold > Lock > Grier > Allen. As prospects. I'd have Darnold ahead of Rosen knowing what we know after their rookie seasons.

Lol

(12-29-2018, 08:11 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Jackson is not a good passer. All he does well is run. I don't want a running QB. That is what RB's are for. I want a guy who can make plays through the air.

He's been a better passer than Josh Allen, that's for sure

(12-29-2018, 08:11 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Jackson has been inconsistent, but he has made some damn good throws. More time on the job to learn and he will be the most dynamic of the group. Injury worries aside ofc.

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2018, 09:32 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(12-29-2018, 08:50 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-29-2018, 08:11 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Jackson is not a good passer. All he does well is run. I don't want a running QB. That is what RB's are for. I want a guy who can make plays through the air.

He's been a better passer than Josh Allen, that's for sure

Disagree, barely, but they both suck as passers.

(12-29-2018, 09:03 PM)Upper Wrote:
(12-29-2018, 08:11 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Jackson is not a good passer. All he does well is run. I don't want a running QB. That is what RB's are for. I want a guy who can make plays through the air.

Jackson has been inconsistent, but he has made some damn good throws. More time on the job to learn and he will be the most dynamic of the group. Injury worries aside ofc.

Disagree, vehemently.

(12-29-2018, 09:31 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-29-2018, 08:50 PM)JackCity Wrote: He's been a better passer than Josh Allen, that's for sure

Disagree, barely, but they both suck as passers.

(12-29-2018, 09:03 PM)Upper Wrote: Jackson has been inconsistent, but he has made some damn good throws. More time on the job to learn and he will be the most dynamic of the group. Injury worries aside ofc.

Disagree, vehemently.

Josh Allen is on pace for one of the worst passing seasons ever recorded in the NFL.  

Lamar Jackson has a passer rating of 84

(12-29-2018, 09:35 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-29-2018, 09:31 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Disagree, barely, but they both suck as passers.

Disagree, vehemently.

Josh Allen is on pace for one of the worst passing seasons ever recorded in the NFL.  

Allen has double the amount of attempts. Jackson barely passes the ball. He's never attempted over 25 passes in a game.

(12-29-2018, 09:52 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-29-2018, 09:35 PM)JackCity Wrote: Josh Allen is on pace for one of the worst passing seasons ever recorded in the NFL.  

Allen has double the amount of attempts. Jackson barely passes the ball. He's never attempted over 25 passes in a game.

Allen has double the attempts and one more passing TD. He's been playing like a rookie Blake Bortles except worse

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2018, 10:28 PM by JackCity.)

Allen = less accurate, less efficient, throws picks at a way higher rate , throws TDs at a lower rate etc etc

You can argue that Allen's situation is worse than Jacksons (I'd agree) but you can't conceivably say he's a better passer right now. He was also worse in college too.

If Lamar was doing what Josh Allen was doing right now you guys would be all over it doggjng him about how bad of a passer he is and that all he does is run......in fact...you already are doing that

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2018, 10:37 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(12-29-2018, 10:17 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-29-2018, 09:52 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Allen has double the amount of attempts. Jackson barely passes the ball. He's never attempted over 25 passes in a game.

Allen has double the attempts and one more passing TD. He's been playing like a rookie Blake Bortles except worse

Both suck as passers. If Jackson actually threw the ball as much as most NFL QB's, his passing stats would be way worse. He also has the benefit of having decent receivers and a competent O-line. I'm not making excuses for Allen, he sucks, but he has none of those perks that Jackson has. His O-Line is garbage and he has a bunch of receivers who would be 3rd stringers on other teams.

(12-29-2018, 10:27 PM)JackCity Wrote: Allen = less accurate, less efficient, throws picks at a way higher rate , throws TDs at a lower rate etc etc

You can argue that Allen's situation is worse than Jacksons (I'd agree) but you can't conceivably say he's a better passer right now. He was also worse in college too.  

If Lamar was doing what Josh Allen was doing right now you guys would be all over it doggjng him about how bad of a passer he is and that all he does is run......in fact...you already are doing that

I'm dogging both of them. Allen is an incompetent QB and Jackson is a RB/WR trying to be a QB. I wouldn't use a 7th round pick on either, if they were available. In fact, I wouldn't waste a roster spot on either of them.

Lol I think olinematters just had his jumping the shark moment.

(12-29-2018, 10:43 PM)Upper Wrote: Lol I think olinematters just had his jumping the shark moment.

Regarding what in particular?

(12-29-2018, 10:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-29-2018, 10:43 PM)Upper Wrote: Lol I think olinematters just had his jumping the shark moment.

Regarding what in particular?

Saying you wouldn't even roster Ljax or Allen.

This is your there with your McCaffrey will suck because he's white take Oline

(12-29-2018, 10:57 PM)Upper Wrote:
(12-29-2018, 10:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Regarding what in particular?

Saying you wouldn't even roster Ljax or Allen.

If I did put Jackson on the roster, it would be to try him as a WR. I wouldn't waste a spot on Allen. He has no versatility to play other positions.

(12-29-2018, 11:12 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-29-2018, 10:57 PM)Upper Wrote: Saying you wouldn't even roster Ljax or Allen.

If I did put Jackson on the roster, it would be to try him as a WR. I wouldn't waste a spot on Allen. He has no versatility to play other positions.

What evidence do you have that Lamar can play receiver? When have you seen his routes/hands?