Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Drew Lock - QB

(01-02-2019, 01:44 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-02-2019, 01:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: At times he would be inconsistent with his passes.  The guy had almost everything  you want from a franchise QB.  Size ,arm, mobility.  There is a Reason he wasnt considered the top pick, because of the offense he ran and would have some wild passes at times

Where did I bring up completion %

I'm just saying Mahomes had very impressive accuracy , independent of the gaudy stats he put up. Lock on the other hand has pretty poor accuracy.
I may not go as far as "poor" describing Lock, but I don't see it on par with what I saw from Mahomes coming out.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Jay Cutler coming out is a good comparison for Lock imo

(01-02-2019, 01:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Jay Cutler coming out is a good comparison for Lock imo

Cutler did have a strong arm much like Lock. Just looking at Lock's YPA he had an 8.0 this season and a 9.5 last season.

I hope he's better than Cutler tho. I always use Cutler to grade qbs as I consider Cutler to be precisely average in every possible way. That is, if a qb is better than Cutler, he's good (slightly better makes him "decent")... if he's worse than Cutler he's bad (slightly worse makes him "mediocre")
'02

(01-02-2019, 02:00 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(01-02-2019, 01:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Jay Cutler coming out is a good comparison for Lock imo

Cutler did have a strong arm much like Lock. Just looking at Lock's YPA he had an 8.0 this season and a 9.5 last season.

I hope he's better than Cutler tho. I always use Cutler to grade qbs as I consider Cutler to be precisely average in every possible way. That is, if a qb is better than Cutler, he's good (slightly better makes him "decent")... if he's worse than Cutler he's bad (slightly worse makes him "mediocre")
Cutler had an absolutely ridiculous arm. He was just soft in the pocket and couldn't make reads. He had a way above average arm though.

I've seen the Cutler comp for Lock several times. Makes sense.

(01-02-2019, 02:00 PM)Jags02 Wrote:

I think Cutler had all sorts of talent. He could have been much better.
I think a lot of his issues were personality, character, leadership type stuff.

(01-02-2019, 03:53 PM)Kane Wrote:
(01-02-2019, 02:00 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Cutler did have a strong arm much like Lock. Just looking at Lock's YPA he had an 8.0 this season and a 9.5 last season.

I think Cutler had all sorts of talent. He could have been much better.
I think a lot of his issues were personality, character, leadership type stuff.

Yes. Every time I heard him talk, I wanted to punch him in the face. He gave off his image of thinking he was better than everyone else. It was no secret, he was not very well liked by his teammates. It's ironic he found a woman exactly like him.

(01-02-2019, 02:13 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-02-2019, 02:00 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Cutler did have a strong arm much like Lock. Just looking at Lock's YPA he had an 8.0 this season and a 9.5 last season.

Cutler had an absolutely ridiculous arm. He was just soft in the pocket and couldn't make reads. He had a way above average arm though.

I mentioned that Cutler has a strong arm as every average qb has at least one really good particular strength. Given the rest of his game, had he lacked arm strength he would have flamed out early never reaching such a lofty status as "average starter." The case remains that you can pretty much pit any QB up against Cutler overall as an easy way to determine if he's any good. 
'02

(01-02-2019, 08:15 AM)JackCity Wrote: Every big armed QB doesn't have to be Mahomes now. The only similarities they have are they have a big arm and can get away with throwing off the back foot regularly.

Lock has nowhere near the same level of accuracy, decision making , playmaking , style of play etc etc.

Lock is more like a Flacco type to me
Comparing Lock to Flacco is a terrible comparison... flacco was known for good foot work, good accuracy with limited athleticism and okay arm strength... Lock has a cannon, i cannot say enough how strong this guys arm is, he needs to work on his footwork and being consistent... Mahomes is the first comparison i see, never compared anyone from last years draft to him. I dont think anyone did.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

AnDREW Luck....

Drew Lock....

Sounds familiar. One can hope if we choose him right? Big Grin

(01-04-2019, 12:02 PM)Brett Wrote: AnDREW Luck....

Drew Lock....

Copy cat

(01-04-2019, 02:00 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 12:02 PM)Brett Wrote: AnDREW Luck....

Drew Lock....

Copy cat

Copy cat? I haven't read through every post in this thread so if you are implying someone else already said this, I apologize. I never saw it.

(12-31-2018, 06:36 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(12-31-2018, 05:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Agreed, couldnt ask for a better 2 rounds

Lock and Haskins are playing in their bowl game and Grier didn't. You still want him on the Jaguars after he left his teammates hanging.   Pass

Nick Bosa sat out the whole season. Are you telling me you wouldn't want him in a Jags uniform?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2019, 05:55 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

(01-04-2019, 04:05 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(12-31-2018, 06:36 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Lock and Haskins are playing in their bowl game and Grier didn't. You still want him on the Jaguars after he left his teammates hanging.   Pass

Nick Bosa sat out the whole season. Are you telling me you wouldn't want him in a Jags uniform?

I could understand high ranking defensive linemen, running back, any defensive position, prospects sitting out because they have a higher chance of getting injured.  But QBs %'s of getting hurt are low.

(01-04-2019, 05:54 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 04:05 PM)Dimson Wrote: Nick Bosa sat out the whole season. Are you telling me you wouldn't want him in a Jags uniform?

I could understand high ranking defensive linemen, running back, any defensive position, prospects sitting out because they have a higher chance of getting injured.  But QBs %'s of getting hurt are low.

This doesn't make any sense. How do you figure a QB's percentage of getting hurt is somehow lower than other positions where players tend to be far more fit? QBs get hurt all the time especially since there are so many trying to sack him.  Do you have stats to support what you're saying?
'02

Haskins, Lock, Jones played in a meaningless bowl game and they came away with no injuries. So, the stat for top prospect draft QBs not getting injured in meaningless bowl games is 100% for 2018. So, Grier choosing not to play so he can prepare for the draft is a red flag.

(01-06-2019, 09:40 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Haskins,  Lock, Jones played in a meaningless bowl game and they came away with no injuries. So, the stat for top prospect draft QBs not getting injured in meaningless bowl games is 100% for 2018. So, Grier choosing not to play so he can prepare for the draft is a red flag.

Lol someone skipped Statistics class

(01-06-2019, 10:20 PM)JNev Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 09:40 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Haskins,  Lock, Jones played in a meaningless bowl game and they came away with no injuries. So, the stat for top prospect draft QBs not getting injured in meaningless bowl games is 100% for 2018. So, Grier choosing not to play so he can prepare for the draft is a red flag.

Lol someone skipped Statistics class

3 topped prospects not injured that played in meaningless bowl game / 3 total top prospects playing  in meaningless bowl game = 100% non injured rate for 2018 bowl season.

(01-06-2019, 10:29 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 10:20 PM)JNev Wrote: Lol someone skipped Statistics class

3 topped prospects not injured that played in meaningless bowl game / 3 total top prospects playing  in meaningless bowl game = 100% non injured rate for 2018 bowl season.

You get the gold star today!

@Grier didn't get hurt either, so 100% for that side of the argument, too.@