Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Did Campbell say he is coming back?

My son just emailed me and said Campbell said he was told he was coming back.  Has anyone else heard this:

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yes he is

Good start to the new year.

Well that's a relief.

Without him I'd really hate to see what happens to this team for the next few years. A rebuild is gonna be tough as it is

Campbell is staying. Anybody thought that he was gone or aging is being ridiculous. Since he came to Jacksonville, he has statistically had the two best seasons of his career. Yet.... people are entertaining the idea of getting rid of him to get younger.

Yeah agreed, keep Calais for sure. Have to keep your talented and hard working players who also are upstanding people.

(01-01-2019, 02:14 PM)Jagulars Wrote: Campbell is staying. Anybody thought that he was gone or aging is being ridiculous. Since he came to Jacksonville, he has statistically had the two best seasons of his career. Yet.... people are entertaining the idea of getting rid of him to get younger.

Anyone tossing around the word "rebuild" is being ridiculous. 15 players coming off IR and a new QB is not a rebuild by any stretch.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-01-2019, 04:26 PM)nhiverson Wrote: https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status...7966119937

HAHAHA

That's great.

i think they pay him this year, then next year renegotiate so they can sign ramsey next year

(01-01-2019, 04:26 PM)nhiverson Wrote: https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status...7966119937

I love it!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Im wit it!
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2019, 11:23 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

Ramsey got some humble pie this year, although I think he was about 80% the whole year after the injury. Are there any blue collar high character LB's we can bring in to keep the horrendous amount of mental mistakes to a minimum? Leon Jacobs doesn't seem like any more than depth or special teams. We also lack another edge rusher since we got rid of Fowler. Taven Bryan isn't going to be a guy.
No pain, no gain.

https://www.jacksonville.com/sports/2019...l-for-2019

^ good blurb from John Reid on the topic

(01-01-2019, 02:14 PM)Jagulars Wrote: Campbell is staying. Anybody thought that he was gone or aging is being ridiculous. Since he came to Jacksonville, he has statistically had the two best seasons of his career. Yet.... people are entertaining the idea of getting rid of him to get younger.

I've seen more people discussing if he would be let go to save $$, not necessarily to get younger.  I think he's got a 14.5 million cap hit next year and we've got many needs.  My thought when he was signed was that his play would deteriorate after 2 years - we've all seen that's certainly not the case - I have no doubt he'll be back.

I’m not trying to play devil’s advocate but does it matter fin Campbell says he’s coming back? He’s under contract so if he wasn’t coming back it would have been up to the front office whether he’s back or not. It’s not like he’s a college junior announcing he’s coming back to school instead of entering the draft. Am I missing something?

(01-07-2019, 11:26 AM)Black and Teal Wrote: I’m not trying to play devil’s advocate but does it matter fin Campbell says he’s coming back? He’s under contract so if he wasn’t coming back it would have been up to the front office whether he’s back or not. It’s not like he’s a college junior announcing he’s coming back to school instead of entering the draft. Am I missing something?

All of the tea leaves to be read suggest he's coming back barring the team signing a FA quarterback to a mega-deal. 
  • Campbell's near certainty about returning suggests he may have already had this convo with mgmt
  • Marrone's praise of him postseason bodes well also
  • The largest indicator may be the dip in production and snapcount for Malik Jackson
  • Biggest clue: The move of Taven Bryan from backing up Campbell to taking Malik Jackson's snaps

Clearly - the Jags could decide his salary is too prohibitive - but it's clear he's their best option at his position, he's very valuable to them in a leadership role, and he hasn't lost his step to age yet.

Interesting tidbit on Campbell's hit on the squealer QB that caused an INT - voided by a bad penalty.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1083777581969756161

Might have beaten them again if the refs get that right.

The one and only time I wish the Jags listened to TheMadDog. That guy loved Calais coming out of Miami.