Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Let's learn English

Mastering the English language takes patients.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I screw up all the time, so I do appreciate learning examples. I will give the to, too, two a go with examples.

"Two" is easy. It is the number 2.
"To" is like a direction, or location. Example: I am hoping to go on a cruise to Europe.
"Too" is sort of like quantity, or also (additional, or be replaced by also?) - Example: Can we go to Europe too (also)?    There are too (quantity) many already going.

Bonus homework assignment.
Bortles past the ball to Rice for a touchdown.

A) Bortles couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.
B) Rice never played for the Jaguars.
C) Borles never  passed the ball to Rice for a touchdown.
D) All of the above.

E) passed

D...duh!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(01-19-2019, 08:51 AM)Sammy Wrote: I screw up all the time, so I do appreciate learning examples. I will give the to, too, two a go with examples.

"To" is like a direction, or location. Example: I am hoping to go on a cruise to Europe.
"Too" is sort of like quantity, or also (additional, or be replaced by also?) - Example: Can we go to Europe too (also)?    There are too (quantity) many already going.

D) All of the above.

Is Borles a typo or curveball?
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(01-19-2019, 01:12 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: D...duh!

Did you just stutter?

Well Sammy....I have to admit ....I do have to admit that reading some of the players' twitters can be a little difficult.
And as far as here on the forum....what the heck do people think the red underline means?

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(01-19-2019, 02:21 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-19-2019, 01:12 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: D...duh!

Did you just stutter?

Yes, and it’s rude of you to point it out! Tongue
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(01-19-2019, 02:09 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(01-19-2019, 08:51 AM)Sammy Wrote: I screw up all the time, so I do appreciate learning examples. I will give the to, too, two a go with examples.

D) All of the above.

Is Borles a typo or curveball?

I was concentrating on getting "passed" right. Cry

(01-19-2019, 08:51 AM)Sammy Wrote: Bonus homework assignment.

False. 
---
Not sure if it got mentioned in this thread or not, but overheard a use of the timeless classic "It's a mute point" in a nearby cube this morning. I was a good boy and bit my tongue. Now my tongue hurts.

D) All of the above.

Blanc nombre too.

D) All of the above.

I would say D except I have no idea who the hell Borles is and he could be a great QB for all I know.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-22-2019, 02:02 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(01-19-2019, 08:51 AM)Sammy Wrote: Bonus homework assignment.

False. 
---
Not sure if it got mentioned in this thread or not, but overheard a use of the timeless classic "It's a mute point" in a nearby cube this morning. I was a good boy and bit my tongue. Now my tongue hurts.

So you did mute your point then.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(01-18-2019, 09:47 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Former CPA at my prior company put out an email stating "... for all intensive purposes..." 

I held back from replying to all "... for all intents and purposes ..."

Irregardless, he's good with numbers.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

"I seen that"

Did you know sent, scent, and cent are homophones?

How can you tell the sexual preference of a phone?

(This post was last modified: 01-25-2019, 03:49 PM by Jags.)

(01-25-2019, 03:44 PM)Sammy Wrote: Did you know sent, scent, and cent are homophones?

Like this

[Image: 1604300_1.jpg]

(01-25-2019, 03:47 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-25-2019, 03:44 PM)Sammy Wrote: Did you know sent, scent, and cent are homophones?

Like this

[Image: 1604300_1.jpg]

Well i'll be damned.

So there is a gay app for your phone?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2019, 05:25 AM by Jags.)

(01-25-2019, 10:22 PM)copycat Wrote: So there is a gay app for your phone?

I wouldn’t be surprised.  He asked a question so I googled “gay phone”.  Checked out the images.   Their was one I really wanted to post but would have gotten a warning for.  Would of made no scents to post the one that said ‘gay as [BLEEP]’. 

In the spirit of staying on topic I intentionally made the errors above.