Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars school/prospect visit tracker

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2019, 06:12 PM by Eric1.)

(01-28-2019, 04:30 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(01-28-2019, 03:12 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://www.lockedonjaguars.com/jaguars/...-notebook/
Accepting this at face value, I wonder if this means the Jaguars see WR as the biggest need on the team, the biggest non QB need on the team, or they simply had more questions about these players.

That's who they know met with the Jags for sure. I'm sure there's more than just those guys though.

I also think it confirms the same thing we've been talking about all off season. This team absolutely needs to add a TE, Guard, WR and obviously QB in this draft.

I definitely see our draft going something along the lines of...

1st - QB
2nd - TE/OG
3rd - OG/TE
4th - WR

Honestly, I think we send our #7 pick, one of our 3rd round picks and next year's 1st round pick to the Raiders. We move up to #4 overall and take Haskins. The Raiders don't go back too far, they can still get a top Defensive player and add a couple more picks to help rebuild with.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

#4 still isn't high enough imo. You have to leave as little leeway as possible for anyone else even if it means giving up extra

(01-28-2019, 06:14 PM)JackCity Wrote: #4 still isn't high enough imo. You have to leave as little leeway as possible for anyone else even if it means giving up extra

Well, of course you start making calls at #2, but I just feel like the Raiders pick will be the one that moves. They need help all across their DL and there'd still be guys to choose from at #7.

49ers and Jets need Edge rushers and the farther back they go, that only limits their shot at the #2/3 edge rusher (I feel we all agree Bosa is going #1 overall). Raiders could drop down some and still take a top DT. 

Although now that I think about it, the Jets would be best off going OT to help out their young QB. It's definitely possible they could trade back with us in hopes that Jonah Williams is still on the board at #7. Would be better value than taking him #3 and they'd add a couple picks to go with it. But then you look at the Giants pick, who would be picking right in front of the Jets if they traded with us and the Giants need OL help bad. They could end up taking Jonah Williams with that #6 pick.

(01-28-2019, 06:31 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-28-2019, 06:14 PM)JackCity Wrote: #4 still isn't high enough imo. You have to leave as little leeway as possible for anyone else even if it means giving up extra

Well, of course you start making calls at #2, but I just feel like the Raiders pick will be the one that moves. They need help all across their DL and there'd still be guys to choose from at #7.

49ers and Jets need Edge rushers and the farther back they go, that only limits their shot at the #2/3 edge rusher (I feel we all agree Bosa is going #1 overall). Raiders could drop down some and still take a top DT. 

Although now that I think about it, the Jets would be best off going OT to help out their young QB. It's definitely possible they could trade back with us in hopes that Jonah Williams is still on the board at #7. Would be better value than taking him #3 and they'd add a couple picks to go with it. But then you look at the Giants pick, who would be picking right in front of the Jets if they traded with us and the Giants need OL help bad. They could end up taking Jonah Williams with that #6 pick.

I think the Jets are in a position where they need help almost everywhere so would be happy to move back and garner extra ammo. Probably right in saying the 49ers are fairly locked into edge#2 (Josh Allen) but they only have 5 draft picks this year so I wonder if they'd be thinking along the lines of moving back to 7 , getting extra picks in the war chest and still landing someone like Clelin Farrell (presumably edge#3) or the #1 receiver.

i guess it depends on how you view the diff between edge2 vs edge3. Personally feel the difference is pretty big but who knows

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2019, 07:16 PM by Eric1.)

(01-28-2019, 06:54 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-28-2019, 06:31 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Well, of course you start making calls at #2, but I just feel like the Raiders pick will be the one that moves. They need help all across their DL and there'd still be guys to choose from at #7.

I think the Jets are in a position where they need help almost everywhere so would be happy to move back and garner extra ammo. Probably right in saying the 49ers are fairly locked into edge#2 (Josh Allen) but they only have 5 draft picks this year so I wonder if they'd be thinking along the lines of moving back to 7 , getting extra picks in the war chest and still landing someone like Clelin Farrell (presumably edge#3) or the #1 receiver.

Yea that usually comes with picking high in the draft, you need help in a lot of places lol. It's hard to say, I just know that I wish it'd all get here faster. April 25th is still so damn far away.

It really does suck knowing how much that meaningless win vs the Dolphins hurt us. We should be picking #5 instead of #7.  Wallbash

(01-28-2019, 07:16 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-28-2019, 06:54 PM)JackCity Wrote: I think the Jets are in a position where they need help almost everywhere so would be happy to move back and garner extra ammo. Probably right in saying the 49ers are fairly locked into edge#2 (Josh Allen) but they only have 5 draft picks this year so I wonder if they'd be thinking along the lines of moving back to 7 , getting extra picks in the war chest and still landing someone like Clelin Farrell (presumably edge#3) or the #1 receiver.

Yea that usually comes with picking high in the draft, you need help in a lot of places lol. It's hard to say, I just know that I wish it'd all get here faster. April 25th is still so damn far away.

It really does suck knowing how much that meaningless win vs the Dolphins hurt us. We should be picking #5 instead of #7.  Wallbash

It'll certainly be an interesting offseason to see play out. Mostly pessimistic about our ability to get ourselves back on track on and off the field but there is a pathway there to both if you are aggresive and nab Haskins

That really does suck. Albeit extremely funny it was Bortles coming back into the game that caused us the extra hassle.

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2019, 07:24 AM by irontrooper83.)

Yeah, I'd say that if we are all in on Haskins at that point you have to be prepared at the very least to something like the Browns/Eagles trade for Wentz.(even though I agree the Jets would be willing to trade down I think #3 offers still a big risk to have someone to jump in front of us)

Eagles held the #8 pick, Browns the #2 and the following happened in 2016:
-swapped first round picks
-Browns also got Eagles 3rd and 4th round in 2016. 2017 first round pick and 2018 2nd round pick.
-Eagles got 2017 4th round pick from the Browns

And that was a year where the Eagles could afford staying at #2 as there were 2 QBs going up high. This year there will be probably be just one so unless you trade to #1 overall there's always a risk.
Also, if we don't get Foles in FA you enter the draft with the most obvious need at QB and teams will know that and going to make you pay for that while another team with a QB need may try to jump you (Broncos have 10 picks this draft).
I don't think we really want to enter the draft and look at how the first pick plays out and go from there if (IF) we believe the franchise QB is there. In an ideal world we could package a massive deal including Jackson, Fournette or some other expendable pieces to Arizona together with some picks (who won't ruin our draft this year) to move up to #1 but this isn't gonna happen obviously. 

Of course this is only if the FO is set on Haskins. For what we know they might be all in on Flacco (lol) or be ok with Lock/Jones at #7 or whatever...who knows.

Or we could go the JUNGLE CAT way (remember him on this board last year?): i randomly bumped into him on twitter and saw him still fighting hard for us to trade for AJ McCarron (and has an interesting 2019 draft QB ranking lol) Big Grin

https://twitter.com/terezpaylor/status/1...24608?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(03-21-2019, 12:40 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/terezpaylor/status/1...24608?s=21

Due diligence!
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(03-21-2019, 12:40 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/terezpaylor/status/1...24608?s=21

If he's there is the second round, sure. It's not that I don't like him in round one; it's that signing a win-now option at QB makes no sense if you're going to draft a guy in the first round that won't help you win now. If he's there when we pick, either take someone else or trade back and let someone else have him.

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2019, 12:22 AM by Bullseye.)

An updated list as of 3-23-19

http://walterfootball.com/prospectMeetings/byteam

If I read this correctly, Rashan Gary is the one prospect to set up a private meeting or visit.

Also interesting to see all of the QBs the team has spoken to, although pre Foles' signing.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-25-2019, 12:18 AM)Bullseye Wrote: An updated list as of 3-23-19

http://walterfootball.com/prospectMeetings/byteam

If I read this correctly, Rashan Gary is the one prospect to set up a private meeting or visit.

Also interesting to see all of the QBs the team has spoken to, although pre Foles' signing.

No doubt, the Jaguars would have to consider Gary despite greater needs on offense. He might be the BAP on their board at pick 7.

From that list - I see a few guys I've been excited about as potential value adds to this roster.  (picks 69, 99, 110)
That makes me happy. 

Josh Allen, 3-4OLB/OLB, Kentucky (COM)
Nick Bosa, DE/3-4OLB, Ohio State (COM)
Malik Carney, OLB, North Carolina (EW)
Rashan Gary, DE/3-4DE, Michigan (PRI)
Will Grier, QB, West Virginia (COM)
Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State (COM)
P.J. Johnson, DT/NT, Arizona (PRO)
Drew Lock, QB, Missouri (PRO)
Koda Martin, OT, Syracuse (PRO)
Terry McLaurin, WR, Ohio State (SR)
Aaron Monteiro, OT, Boston College (PRO)
Tony Pollard, RB, Memphis (COM)
Miles Sanders, RB, Penn State (COM)
Jordan Scarlett, RB, Florida (COM)

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/prospectMeetin...tlORfVg.99

Jags checking out some longshot OL depth candidates:

https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/1...7686628353

(03-25-2019, 12:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Jags checking out some longshot OL depth candidates:

There have been some damn good players come out of 'Nova.  

They actually used to be a division 1 football school, many moons ago.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Jaguars keeping very tight lids on who they meet with and what pro days they attend. More than almost every NFL team, albeit partly due to the media situation here

(03-25-2019, 10:13 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: From that list - I see a few guys I've been excited about as potential value adds to this roster.  (picks 69, 99, 110)
That makes me happy. 

Tony Pollard in the later rounds would be a great replacement for Corey Grant. He is an excellent receiver out of the backfield and a shifty runner with decent size.

(03-25-2019, 01:27 PM)Rico Wrote:
(03-25-2019, 12:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Jags checking out some longshot OL depth candidates:

There have been some damn good players come out of 'Nova.  

They actually used to be a division 1 football school, many moons ago.

Greenidge was supposed to participate in the East/West Shrine Game, but had to pull out due to injury. He has experience at both OT spots and has good size and fairly long arms. Some reports are projecting him as an OG as well, so he would give us some flexibility on the O-Line. I was really looking forward to watching him play in that game, but since he got injured, I wasn't able to.

(03-25-2019, 03:22 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-25-2019, 10:13 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: From that list - I see a few guys I've been excited about as potential value adds to this roster.  (picks 69, 99, 110)
That makes me happy. 

Tony Pollard in the later rounds would be a great replacement for Corey Grant. He is an excellent receiver out of the backfield and a shifty runner with decent size.

[Image: giphy.gif]