Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Divisional Playoff Games

(01-13-2019, 02:09 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 02:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'm officially picking the bolts in this early game

I said yesterday I think they matchup really well against the Pats. They need to get Gordon and the run game going but they can win this one.

Also, don't forget the zebras!

They already got those stripes involved a little bit. That DB clearly was all over Gronk, but they draw that play up so that the TE just runs straight into the defender. It draws a flag half the time. It's akin to an illegal pick in sketchiness.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Oh Gus, calling it wrong again and again.

Can't believe how bad the Chargers are playing the run and biting on the play action.

Chargers defense looks like absolute trash this far. Gus Bradley not having his players prepared, whudaathunk?

Seems like the Chargers never watched a NE game lol.

Good for them that NE defense can be exploited too, 4th Q can be good fun as a neutral supporter.

(01-13-2019, 02:35 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 02:09 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: I said yesterday I think they matchup really well against the Pats. They need to get Gordon and the run game going but they can win this one.

Also, don't forget the zebras!

They already got those stripes involved a little bit. That DB clearly was all over Gronk, but they draw that play up so that the TE just runs straight into the defender. It draws a flag half the time. It's akin to an illegal pick in sketchiness.

Exactly, plus Gronk starts to engage so he can use his weight to push him away, but that's ok. That looked like a no call, seen plenty like that not been called, its the playoffs, let them play.

Chargers D needs to wake up. They just keep giving up one play to Keep the drive going.

(01-13-2019, 02:40 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Oh Gus, calling it wrong again and again.

Can't believe how bad the Chargers are playing the run and biting on the play action.

Belichick and company definitely know how to pick on Bradley's scheme. 

It looks like they've just done their homework on what the bolts defenders are keying on in certain looks, and so they are doing something else from those looks.

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2019, 02:54 PM by jessepeck1213.)

This is hard to watch. Brady hasnt thrown the ball more than 7 yards past the line of scrimmage and they just keep playing that soft zone and allowing him to pick them apart.

Gus Bradley just disappoints me with everything hes ever done.

So, Chiefs-Patriots is going to be fun...

(01-13-2019, 02:55 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: So, Chiefs-Patriots is going to be fun...

I think the Chiefs show up with a better plan to disrupt Brady and the chefs clearly are more equipped to keep up on the scoreboard with the pats than the bolts are.

(01-13-2019, 02:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 02:40 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Oh Gus, calling it wrong again and again.

Belichick and company definitely know how to pick on Bradley's scheme. 

It looks like they've just done their homework on what the bolts defenders are keying on in certain looks, and so they are doing something else from those looks.

Absolutely, it seems so obvious and simple but they are the only team that seems to be able to do it. Chargers pass rush haven't been able to do anything, don't think I've heard Bosa's name. Just picking apart the LB's and Safeties in zone, they've been doing it for years.

They need to play some more man or tighten the zone, try and make Brady hold it a second longer and give the rush a chance. They can't keep doing what they are.

I ran to the grocery store just before the game and I honestly don't remember what station I had on, but there was a syndicated show where the host was going off on Brady and the pats not advancing this year. Said the bolts had this matchup in multiple ways. Pats fans were calling in yelling at him and he was calling them idiots.

Welp...

(01-13-2019, 02:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'm officially picking the bolts in this early game

This is looking dumber by the minute ^

Second flag on 3rd down incompletion just came. Whatever, the Chargers don't have a clue defensively anyway, they are just sitting there and watching them tearing them apart

These playoffs have been horrible. Outside of the Bears vs Eagles game last week, all of the other games thus far have never really seemed to be in doubt.

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2019, 03:13 PM by MikePete54.)

Quote:This is looking dumber by the minute ^

Most people were thinking the same way...myself included. 

Chargers have a very good defense, but hate him or love him, BB is a genius.

Man I wake up to disappointment dang pats..
No Fun

(01-13-2019, 03:12 PM)MikePete54 Wrote:

Quote:This is looking dumber by the minute ^

Most people were thinking the same way...myself included. 

Chargers have a very good defense, but hate him or love him, BB is a genius.

True. 

I also think Wisenhunt isn't doing himself any favors with the playcalling for the bolts. 

He keeps hanging Rivers out to dry versus the blitz.

Chargers panicked, they have been calling just runs or downfield shots, Patriots defense has weaknesses but doesn't work if you are this impatient.

Brady and BB did a good preparation job but LA got it totally wrong to start with.

I was going to lay off the booze until the night game, but Gus Bradley is driving me to drink even though he's been gone for over two years.

That's a fumble recovered by NE. Well done Chargers, game is completely gone.