Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Divisional Playoff Games

Foles right now

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=7263498]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-13-2019, 06:09 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 06:05 PM)lastonealive Wrote: The only concern is that If the backup looks just as great. Maybe it's not because of the qb play. But I'd take the risk for Wentz

What would this coaching staff do with Wentz or Foles?

Well if they are an upgrade on bortles they should take them to the Superbowl with a healthy oline.

(01-13-2019, 06:09 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 06:05 PM)lastonealive Wrote: The only concern is that If the backup looks just as great. Maybe it's not because of the qb play. But I'd take the risk for Wentz

What would this coaching staff do with Wentz or Foles?

Well, they'll have them hand it off 45% of the time.  

Might have to wait till the OC is hired and some other new offensive players are acquired to guess what happens with the other 55% of the offensive snaps.

Eagles are on fire but it is a long game and the Saints have a heck of an offense.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

If Foles wins this game and next week, how can the Eagles truly rationalize starting Wentz or getting rid of Foles. Wentz couldn't even put up 7 on these guys 6 weeks ago

Eagles win and LA is going to be invaded by Eagle fans.
The Khan Years

Hahaha

saints catch a loss of yards but a break on the 1st down

(01-13-2019, 06:16 PM)JNev Wrote: If Foles wins this game and next week, how can the Eagles truly rationalize starting Wentz or getting rid of Foles. Wentz couldn't even put up 7 on these guys 6 weeks ago

You can't. Isn't the whole point to win championships?

(01-13-2019, 06:16 PM)JNev Wrote: If Foles wins this game and next week, how can the Eagles truly rationalize starting Wentz or getting rid of Foles. Wentz couldn't even put up 7 on these guys 6 weeks ago

Trade Wentz for the 7th pick.

(01-13-2019, 06:18 PM)lastonealive Wrote:

You can't. Isn't the whole point to win championships?

Jaguars need to be all over that then. Wentz will be a full year removed from ACL surgery and in the prime of his career

Hmmmm, Saints looking a bit out of ideas. Not got Kamara going yet and D not getting Philly off the field.

Here comes Foles.....

I'd try to get Wentz for the 7th pick, one of our third rounders this draft, and a second next season.

Any chance of a competitive playoff game this weekend is quickly slipping away right now.

(01-13-2019, 06:23 PM)Tuxedo Wrote: I'd try to get Wentz for the 7th pick, one of our third rounders this draft, and a second next season.

I'd give up to 3 1sts. You cannot pass up getting a franchise QB trying to worry about draft picks that will hopefully be in the Taven Bryan range

Brees is done. He's got a weak arm and mainly throws a bunch of short junk.

(01-13-2019, 06:28 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Brees is done. He's got a weak arm and mainly throws a bunch of  short junk.

This has been the story for years but he has crazy stats and a superbowl win.
The Khan Years

Lol, 2 funny commentator mentions.

Cox with the penetration up the middle. Lol.

And the Chargers ST coach calling Cordarrell Patterson the greatest kick returner of all time. Have you not heard of Devin Hester?

(01-13-2019, 06:26 PM)JNev Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 06:23 PM)Tuxedo Wrote: I'd try to get Wentz for the 7th pick, one of our third rounders this draft, and a second next season.

I'd give up to 3 1sts. You cannot pass up getting a franchise QB trying to worry about draft picks that will hopefully be in the Taven Bryan range

Just to be clear -  you want to give up #7 this year and two future first round draft picks to acquire Carson wentz?

(01-13-2019, 06:02 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 05:51 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I'd give up nothing for Wentz. He can't stay healthy and I never thought he was spectacular to begin with.

You'd give up nothing for a guy who over his last year and a half or starts has 54:14 td:int with 65% completion and around 6300 yards? You crazy maaaaaan. Hes been 9ne of the best QBs in the NFL over the last 2 years.

Don't get me wrong, he's better than anything we have, BUT he can't seem to stay healthy.

(01-13-2019, 06:38 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 06:26 PM)JNev Wrote: I'd give up to 3 1sts. You cannot pass up getting a franchise QB trying to worry about draft picks that will hopefully be in the Taven Bryan range

Just to be clear -  you want to give up #7 this year and two future first round draft picks to acquire Carson wentz?

Uhhh yea. You gotta do what's necessary to get a franchise QB. If we got Wentz we'd be picking late 1st rd the next 2 years anyways