Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars hire George Warhop as Oline coach

Why are they filling out the O-line coach position before getting an OC in place and have his input on it? Very odd process they are doing.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-13-2019, 09:23 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Why are they filling out the O-line coach position before getting an OC in place and have his input on it? Very odd process they are doing.

Some would go as far as saying theres an element of straw clutching going on.

(01-13-2019, 09:39 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 09:23 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Why are they filling out the O-line coach position before getting an OC in place and have his input on it? Very odd process they are doing.

Some would go as far as saying theres an element of straw clutching going on.

More like pearl clutching.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-13-2019, 10:17 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 09:39 PM)JackCity Wrote: Some would go as far as saying theres an element of straw clutching going on.

More like pearl clutching.

My bad. We should believe wholeheartedly in every move the Jags make, proven a good strategy in the past.

Coaches coach and players play. The only question is can he block?

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2019, 10:36 PM by ramseyx20.)

we’re hiring kubiak. it’s obvious

(01-13-2019, 10:36 PM)ramseyx20 Wrote: we’re hiring kubiak. it’s obvious

Hope so.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

I would be good with kubiak.

(01-13-2019, 10:25 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 10:17 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: More like pearl clutching.

My bad. We should believe wholeheartedly in every move the Jags make, proven a good strategy in the past.

Nah, better to piss ourselves over every announcement the moment it's made.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-13-2019, 11:11 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 10:25 PM)JackCity Wrote: My bad. We should believe wholeheartedly in every move the Jags make, proven a good strategy in the past.

Nah, better to piss ourselves over every announcement the moment it's made.

OR, objectively critique moves as they are made and adjust as the months go by.

(01-13-2019, 11:14 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 11:11 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Nah, better to piss ourselves over every announcement the moment it's made.

OR, objectively critique moves as they are made and adjust as the months go by.

Clearly that's what you did in the first post of this thread. Objective. Adjust. Minutes Months.

(01-13-2019, 11:15 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 11:14 PM)JackCity Wrote: OR, objectively critique moves as they are made and adjust as the months go by.

Clearly that's what you did in the first post of this thread. Objective. Adjust. Minutes Months.

Being objective doesn't mean you have to agree with it.  

Pat Flaherty is someone who I objectively considered a good hire , he ended up being so (despite being scapegoated)

Warhop is someone I consider an objectively bad hire, based on track record. It's entirely possible he ends up being good, I'd actually prefer that to be the case.

Kubiak would be a home run hire, I just dont see him coming here though
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES 
ATLANTS BRAVES 

This FO confuses the beejeezus out of me.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

The Bucs finished with the 3rd best overall offense and the best passing offense in football making it hard to say any of their offensive staff was all that bad. They also led the league in first downs.

What's really impressive was the Bucs ability to consistently throw deep. Only the Chiefs had more 20+ yard passing plays, only the Packers, Steelers and Chiefs had more 40+ yard passing plays, only the Chiefs and Rams had more yards per pass attempt, and only the Chiefs had a higher average per reception, all of which suggests the Bucs OL gave their QBs quite a bit of time in the pocket for plays to open up downfield. Their sack stats were middle of the pack, however, their tendency to nail the deeper plays means the OL had to hold their blocks much longer than most teams.

What concerns me is their rushing stats were among the worst in the league, however, the Bucs aren't exactly fraught with talent at RB. 
'02

(01-13-2019, 11:39 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 11:15 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Clearly that's what you did in the first post of this thread. Objective. Adjust. Minutes Months.

Being objective doesn't mean you have to agree with it.  

Pat Flaherty is someone who I objectively considered a good hire , he ended up being so (despite being scapegoated)

Warhop is someone I consider an objectively bad hire, based on track record. It's entirely possible he ends up being good, I'd actually prefer that to be the case.

I'm concerned too. From what I've read he seems to be the Bob Babich of OL coaches. I hope this turns out differently.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Well, I guess if we're looking for a silver lining here, it's that Marrone is himself an O-Line coach as well.
I get the skepticism on this guy. I do.
I'm much more concerned with the talent they place at RG/RT and who will be the guy making the playbook though.

Keep in mind the Jaguars have two of the best interior linemen in the game with Norwell and Linder returning. We mainly need Warhop to groom Cam along with coaching up whoever we end up plugging in on the right side. 
'02

Looks like we're going all in on the back to irrelevance and just being a punch line. No wonder this team cried after losing the AFCG last year. That was their one shot at glory.
No pain, no gain.

(01-14-2019, 11:31 AM)Jags02 Wrote: Keep in mind the Jaguars have two of the best interior linemen in the game with Norwell and Linder returning. We mainly need Warhop to groom Cam along with coaching up whoever we end up plugging in on the right side. 

Pete Prisco suggested Robinson would be much better as a guard and said we should move him there and draft an LT. Interesting take.