Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Todd Haley - Jags Best Bet as OC

Surprised there is no mention of Todd Haley as the Jags OC.  The dude lead the Steelers offense from transitioning from a run 1st oriented team to a top offence that routinely featured 3 and 4 wide formations (with LeVeon being an additional receiving threat coming out of the backfield).

Yes, I know he was fired from Browns on the same day that Hue Jackson was let go but c'mon, working under the 2nd worst HC in recent history can't be easy.

Anyway, if we're looking for a solid hire under the current circumstances, I'd have to think Todd Haley is one of our best bets.

Thanks for listening.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He is toxic. No thanks.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

I'd be ok with that move, Haley has been successful in the OC role, and that's what we need.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-16-2019, 12:37 PM)Dimson Wrote: He is toxic. No thanks.

The Jags offense is toxic.   We scored 245 points last season.  

Haley's offenses with the Steelers averaged 401 points and scored those total points as follows:
2017 - 406
2016 - 399
2015 - 423
2014 - 436
2013 - 379
2012 - 366

Also, if you haven't noticed, most OCs jump around like crazy.  Haley spent 6 consecutive years as the Steelers OC.

If you don't like scoring points, I get your response.

I forgot about him, he would have been a great hire imo.

(01-16-2019, 12:27 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Surprised there is no mention of Todd Haley as the Jags OC.  The dude lead the Steelers offense from transitioning from a run 1st oriented team to a top offence that routinely featured 3 and 4 wide formations (with LeVeon being an additional receiving threat coming out of the backfield).

Yes, I know he was fired from Browns on the same day that Hue Jackson was let go but c'mon, working under the 2nd worst HC in recent history can't be easy.

Anyway, if we're looking for a solid hire under the current circumstances, I'd have to think Todd Haley is one of our best bets.

Thanks for listening.

No, no, no, no, no, no. The Steeler offense success was in spite of TH, not because of him. On top of being an unlikeable [BLEEP], he sucks at calling plays. Rarely did the Steelers move the chains when TH called plays; they moved it when they went "muddle huddle" and Ben called his own plays. Jags would not improve with him. The Browns O improved after they sent him packing. I'd even hire the Cowboys fired OC over him.

(01-16-2019, 12:58 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 12:37 PM)Dimson Wrote: He is toxic. No thanks.

Also, if you haven't noticed, most OCs jump around like crazy.  Haley spent 6 consecutive years as the Steelers OC.

If you don't like scoring points, I get your response.

That's because 1.) His dad worked for the Steelers and, 2.) That's just how the Steelers do things: slow to fire anyone. They let contracts ride until their end. No One liked Todd. If you ever watched a Steeler game while he was OC, notice when players came off the field after a score and no one wanted to high five TH. or even speak to him. He's known as a real jerk. (I could have used other words there if allowed.) 

It was so bad Ben threatened to retire after the 2016 season. That was because he so much didn't want TH as his OC. That is why he magically hasn't even mentioned retirement since he knew TH was gonna be gone.

Dude until we get a QB that can throw it doesn’t matter

(01-18-2019, 05:39 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote: No, no, no, no, no, no. The Steeler offense success was in spite of TH, not because of him. On top of being an unlikeable [BLEEP], he sucks at calling plays. Rarely did the Steelers move the chains when TH called plays; they moved it when they went "muddle huddle" and Ben called his own plays. Jags would not improve with him. The Browns O improved after they sent him packing. I'd even hire the Cowboys fired OC over him.

(01-18-2019, 05:54 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote: That's because 1.) His dad worked for the Steelers and, 2.) That's just how the Steelers do things: slow to fire anyone. They let contracts ride until their end. No One liked Todd. If you ever watched a Steeler game while he was OC, notice when players came off the field after a score and no one wanted to high five TH. or even speak to him. He's known as a real jerk. (I could have used other words there if allowed.) 

It was so bad Ben threatened to retire after the 2016 season. That was because he so much didn't want TH as his OC. That is why he magically hasn't even mentioned retirement since he knew TH was gonna be gone.

You Sir ... Have been played. Welcome to the dark side of the Jags board.

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2019, 12:30 AM by Steelers Beaches.)

(01-16-2019, 12:58 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [quote='Dimson' pid='1188248' dateline='1547656621']
He is toxic. No thanks.

Jags please don't.