Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week Six Board Power Rankings

Outside the AFC South, things are starting to clear up...

1. Vikings 5-0

2. Patriots 4-1

3. Steelers 4-1

4. Falcons 4-1

5. Broncos 4-1

6. Packers 3-1

7. Seahawks 3-1

8. Eagles 3-1

9. Cowboys 4-1

10. Raiders 4-1<strong><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:12pt;">

</span></strong></span>
  11. Redskins 3-2

12. Ravens 3-2

13. Bills 3-2

14. Rams 3-2

15. Texans 3-2

16. Bengals 2-3

17. Cards 2-3

18. Chiefs 2-2

19. Giants 2-3

20. Bucs 2-3

21. Lions 2-3

22. Saints 1-3

23. Jaguars 1-3

24. Titans 2-3

25. Colts 2-3 

26. Panthers 1-4

27. Jets 1-4

28. Chargers 1-4

29. 49ers 1-4

30. Bears 1-4

31. Dolphins 1-4

32. Browns 0-5

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't know if I would put vikings number 1 just yet.

I get the feeling that 5-10 of the top 20 teams will be shown as pretenders. I don't trust the texans, raiders, cowboys, falcons.

Quote:I don't know if I would put vikings number 1 just yet.

I get the feeling that 5-10 of the top 20 teams will be shown as pretenders. I don't trust the texans, raiders, cowboys, falcons.

They have a well deserved 5-0 record and first placed ranking having beat the Packers and pounded the Texans.

'02

Quote:I don't know if I would put vikings number 1 just yet.

Idk abut rankings, but the Vikings are definitely a Superbowl-caliber team.

Outstanding Defense

Excellent O-line (especially in protection)

A QB that is not making mistakes.

They have all the key components of a Superbowl team.

33. Panthers

Quote:33. Panthers

Cam isn't throwing that INT at the goalline. I have to think the Panthers could easily be 2-3.

'02

1. Minnesota Vikings

2. Atlanta Falcons

3. Denver Broncos

4. New England Patriots

5. Pittsburgh Steelers

6. Philadelphia Eagles

7. Seattle Seahawks

8. Green Bay Packers

9. Buffalo Bills

10. Arizona Cardinals

11. Dallas Cowboys

12. Washington Redskins 

13. Oakland Raiders

14. Cincinnati Bengals

15. Kansas City Chiefs

16. Los Angeles Rams

17. New York Jets

18. Baltimore Ravens

19. New York Giants

20. Houston Texans

21. Carolina Panthers

22. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

23. San Diego Chargers

24. Detroit Lions

25. Jacksonville Jaguars

26. Indianapolis Colts

27. Tennessee Titans

28. New Orleans Saints

29. San Francisco 49ers

30.  Miami Dolphins

31.  Chicago Bears

32. Cleveland Browns

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Cam isn't throwing that INT at the goalline. I have to think the Panthers could easily be 2-3.

ESPN has the Panthers at 13. Hilarious. I wouldn't be surprised if Cam is IR-ed. 

Quote:Idk abut rankings, but the Vikings are definitely a Superbowl-caliber team.

Outstanding Defense

Excellent O-line (especially in protection)

A QB that is not making mistakes.

They have all the key components of a Superbowl team.

The Vikings placed former Bengals RT Andre Smith on I.R. yesterday,   with him joining other starting Offensive Tackle Matt Kalil on I.R..    Though there pass blocking has improved despite the injuries to both Tackles,   I think Sam Bradford getting rid of the ball quickly has had a huge positive impact on their passing game being effective.    It remains to be seen if Bradford can remain relatively healthy for the remainder of the season.   So far though,   he's done a masterful job for them despite being new to the system.   If the Vikings finish with the best record in the NFL this season,   Bradford might warrant serious MVP consideration.

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2016, 10:33 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote: The Vikings placed former Bengals RT Andre Smith on I.R. yesterday, with him joining other starting Offensive Tackle Matt Kalil on I.R.. Though there pass blocking has improved despite the injuries to both Tackles, I think Sam Bradford getting rid of the ball quickly has had a huge positive impact on their passing game being effective. It remains to be seen if Bradford can remain relatively healthy for the remainder of the season. So far though, he's done a masterful job for them despite being new to the system. If the Vikings finish with the best record in the NFL this season, Bradford might warrant serious MVP consideration.
I said it they day they got Bradford, the injury to Teddy was a blessing in disguise as long as Sam can stay healthy. There wasn't any doubt they upgraded the position and weak link on the team. They now have a real shot at winning a SB

I don't think the bears are that bad

Quote: The Vikings placed former Bengals RT Andre Smith on I.R. yesterday, with him joining other starting Offensive Tackle Matt Kalil on I.R.. Though there pass blocking has improved despite the injuries to both Tackles, I think Sam Bradford getting rid of the ball quickly has had a huge positive impact on their passing game being effective. It remains to be seen if Bradford can remain relatively healthy for the remainder of the season. So far though, he's done a masterful job for them despite being new to the system. If the Vikings finish with the best record in the NFL this season, Bradford might warrant serious MVP consideration.

Bradford has always been good in my mind.

Quote:I said it they day they got Bradford, the injury to Teddy was a blessing in disguise as long as Sam can stay healthy. There wasn't any doubt they upgraded the position and weak link on the team. They now have a real shot at winning a SB

I probably rate Teddy Bridgewater ( pre-knee injury ) higher than most people.  But it's hard to imagine Bridgewater functioning as well in the Vikings Offense with their injury situation as Sam Bradford has in his first 4 games with the team. 

Quote:Bradford has always been good in my mind.

W/o saying,  the main issue with Sam Bradford prior to this season is his extensive injury history.   I probably underrated Bradford prior to this season.   With the Vikings,  he easily has been playing like a top 10 NFL QB  ( arguably top 2 or 3 )  despite not having an off-season,  training camp,  and pre-season in their Offense,  including developing timing with his supporting cast.   Whether Bradford can remain relatively healthy the remainder of the season seems like the key question with the Vikings moving forward in 2016 and / or in the playoffs. 

I told myself when they signed Bradford, that he would be there QB of the future.

Once AP comes back and they keep on rolling, Bridgewater will become trade bait.

It was a masterful move on the Vikings part.

Quote:I told myself when they signed Bradford, that he would be there QB of the future.

Once AP comes back and they keep on rolling, Bridgewater will become trade bait.

It was a masterful move on the Vikings part.

The Vikings have to decide next spring whether to exercise the 5th year option on Tedy Bridgewater.   With Bridgewater's 2017 season uncertain because of the knee injury and his trade value likely substantially down and then-some,   my gut feeling at this time is Rick Spielman won't exercise the option.   Of course that could change if Sam Bradford suffers another major injury in the coming weeks or months.