Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jason Van Dyke (Murderer)

(01-21-2019, 08:54 PM)lastonealive Wrote: The funny thing is the cops can get away with more due to your 'freedom' of carrying a weapon.

Not going to get shot by a British cop.

By your rationale, people should disarm themselves because, in this case, you hope a dirty police officer won’t kill you. Hope in one hand and crap in the other, see which palm fills up first. That is some boot licker logic.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-22-2019, 10:14 PM)lastonealive Wrote: oh. So why do you think cops shoot so many then?

So many compared to what? You've been reading fake news gain. Shame.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2019, 11:07 PM by lastonealive.)

No I just believe that the police have an excuse for overstepping boundaries that they wouldn't have in places like Britain

(01-22-2019, 11:05 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-22-2019, 10:14 PM)lastonealive Wrote: oh. So why do you think cops shoot so many then?

So many compared to what? You've been reading fake news gain. Shame.

I have not clicked on a drifter or stroudcrowd link in a long time. No fox or whatever for me

Typical to blame everyone except the criminal. 

Do cops do stupid stuff? Absolutely, but let's not pretend they're the only ones at fault.

(01-23-2019, 12:47 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

Typical to blame everyone except the criminal. 

Do cops do stupid stuff? Absolutely, but let's not pretend they're the only ones at fault.

Who wasn't blaming the cop?

Surely nobody thinks the cop was in the right? Though can never be sure round here.

(01-22-2019, 08:17 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(01-22-2019, 08:37 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: How do you write "non sequitur" upside down? I want you to be able to read it.

You don't agree that cops may be jumpier/more aggressive due to potential carrying of weapon of suspect?

No.

They don't. The overwhelming percentage of those that were shot were shot justifiably. 68 unarmed shootings in 2017 out of the millions of violent encounters every year. Out of those 68 unarmed shootings, most still offer physical violence. I can't remember the number, but I believe it was about 15 unarmed shootings wherein the victim wasn't offering violence against the officer.

You may be against police having guns, citizens having guns, or whatever but it's a myth that police are just out shooting a bunch of innocent folks.

Why makes them justifiable? Why don't the British police need guns?

(01-23-2019, 01:57 AM)lastonealive Wrote: Why makes them justifiable? Why don't the British police need guns?

Because they live on a small island.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Once again he just doesn't get that it's just part of the American fabric. The right to gun ownership is fundamental to being an American, whether they choose to exercise that right is up the individual. It's the 2nd Amendment for a reason - they thought it was that important.

(01-23-2019, 09:38 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Once again he just doesn't get that it's just part of the American fabric. The right to gun ownership is fundamental to being an American, whether they choose to exercise that right is up the individual. It's the 2nd Amendment for a reason - they thought it was that important.

This is it. We don't expect to have a policeman magically appear whenever there is someone who potentially means you harm.

(01-23-2019, 09:38 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Once again he just doesn't get that it's just part of the American fabric. The right to gun ownership is fundamental to being an American, whether they choose to exercise that right is up the individual. It's the 2nd Amendment for a reason - they thought it was that important.

That's got nothing to do with what I said in this thread though. It's common knowledge you guys love guns.

Also its an amendment so it can't have been that important originally or they wouldn't have forgotten to put it in

(01-25-2019, 04:50 AM)lastonealive Wrote:

That's got nothing to do with what I said in this thread though. It's common knowledge you guys love guns.

Also its an amendment so it can't have been that important originally or they wouldn't have forgotten to put it in

The first 10 amendments to the US Constitution mostly echo things that were in the state constitutions prior to the US Constitution even being drafted in 1787.
The second Amendment is no exception.
The following phrase appears in many state constitutions that were written starting in 1776:
"the people shall have the right to bear arms for the defense of themselves and of the State."
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.