Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Democratic Presidential Candidates

Congratulations to @RalphNortham and his team for showing that Virginia won’t stand for hatred and bigotry.

Kamala tweet November 2017.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-01-2019, 10:15 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Congratulations to @RalphNortham and his team for showing that Virginia won’t stand for hatred and bigotry.

In her defense, she probably was not aware of the yearbook photo at the time of the tweet.

In defense of the tweet, the yearbook photo is still less questionable, in terms of implied racism, than all the crap Northam's opponent in that election said and did.

I wasn't alive when the photo was taken and I've never lived in Virginia. 

I know I don't like the photo, I know I would never have done either costume, but all he needs to do is say sorry.  Promptly.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(02-01-2019, 10:35 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-01-2019, 10:15 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Congratulations to @RalphNortham and his team for showing that Virginia won’t stand for hatred and bigotry.

In her defense, she probably was not aware of the yearbook photo at the time of the tweet.

In defense of the tweet, the yearbook photo is still less questionable, in terms of implied racism, than all the crap Northam's opponent in that election said and did.

I know I don't like the photo, I know I would never have done either costume, but all he needs to do is say sorry.  Promptly.

So they should be more merciful on him than Kavanaughs drinking in high school? Is that what you are saying?

(02-01-2019, 10:39 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-01-2019, 10:35 PM)mikesez Wrote: In her defense, she probably was not aware of the yearbook photo at the time of the tweet.

So they should be more merciful on him than Kavanaughs drinking in high school? Is that what you are saying?

Kavanaugh was accused of much more than drinking.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(02-02-2019, 11:30 AM)rollerjag Wrote:
(02-01-2019, 10:39 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: So they should be more merciful on him than Kavanaughs drinking in high school? Is that what you are saying?

With substantially less evidence as well.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-02-2019, 11:30 AM)rollerjag Wrote:
(02-01-2019, 10:39 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: So they should be more merciful on him than Kavanaughs drinking in high school? Is that what you are saying?

Just give it time...

(02-01-2019, 10:39 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-01-2019, 10:35 PM)mikesez Wrote: In her defense, she probably was not aware of the yearbook photo at the time of the tweet.

I don't think the situations are similar at all.
There was overwhelming evidence that Kavanaugh broke the law by drinking underage. but obviously Kavanaugh's not underage anymore, so that type of offense did not imply very much about the kind if person he is now.
if he had sexually assaulted anyone as a young man, that would imply a lot about his character today, but the evidence that he had sexually assaulted people was flimsy.

(02-03-2019, 10:05 AM)mikesez Wrote:

I don't think the situations are similar at all.
There was overwhelming evidence that Kavanaugh broke the law by drinking underage. but obviously Kavanaugh's not underage anymore, so that type of offense did not imply very much about the kind if person he is now.
if he had sexually assaulted anyone as a young man, that would imply a lot about his character today, but the evidence that he had sexually assaulted people was flimsy.
But a college yearbook gag from 30+ years ago does inform us about the person he is now? I don't think it works that way.
And frankly your last sentence is garbage too. People aren't incapable of learning and developing character, you just aren't far enough removed from high school to appreciate the difference junior.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-03-2019, 11:02 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-03-2019, 10:05 AM)mikesez Wrote: I don't think the situations are similar at all.
But a college yearbook gag from 30+ years ago does inform us about the person he is now? I don't think it works that way.
And frankly your last sentence is garbage too. People aren't incapable of learning and developing character, you just aren't far enough removed from high school to appreciate the difference junior.

I really don't think that the page in the yearbook, by itself, implies anything about his character. The photo is simply too old and it's not clear who the two people are.
His reaction to it coming out in the news, though, says a lot. first he said he's not that kind of person anymore, then he said, actually I was never that kind of person and I'm not in that photo.
The only right thing from him to say from the very beginning was "I'm ashamed that I used to be associated with this and I promise I have changed a lot over the years."
note that by admitting that he was associated with that we are dealing only with the fact that the photo is on his page. we are not trying to adjucate if he's one of the two people in the photo.

I hope this VA governor sticks around. Pure gold for the GOP. Can you imagine what would be happening right now if this were a republican governor?

(02-03-2019, 02:59 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-03-2019, 11:02 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: But a college yearbook gag from 30+ years ago does inform us about the person he is now? I don't think it works that way.

I really don't think that the page in the yearbook, by itself, implies anything about his character. The photo is simply too old and it's not clear who the two people are.
His reaction to it coming out in the news, though, says a lot. first he said he's not that kind of person anymore, then he said, actually I was never that kind of person and I'm not in that photo.
The only right thing from him to say from the very beginning was "I'm ashamed that I used to be associated with this and I promise I have changed a lot over the years."
note that by admitting that he was associated with that we are dealing only with the fact that the photo is on his page. we are not trying to adjucate if he's one of the two people in the photo.

Frankly no one should care if he's in the photo. The guy has decades of proof of what he is, and whatever that was 30 years ago isn't it now. His reaction is that of a man facing the lynch mob and he knows that no answer will be correct.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/03/us/po...e=Homepage

Democratic candidates are very, very sorry. They are all apologizing for something.

After today's "Green New Deal" fiasco it isn't going to matter who they run, they can't win.

(02-07-2019, 03:36 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: After today's "Green New Deal" fiasco it isn't going to matter who they run, they can't win.

You have to remember though, they are counting on mommy and daddy basement dwellers of legal voting age whom have never cashed a paycheck and illegal aliens to buy into their "policies". 

Never under estimate stupid people in numbers.

An outline of the “Green New Deal” shows progressive Democrats hope to expand high-speed rail transportation across the United States to “a scale where air travel stops becoming necessary.”

Wow

(02-07-2019, 05:08 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: An outline of the “Green New Deal” shows progressive Democrats hope to expand high-speed rail transportation across the United States to “a scale where air travel stops becoming necessary.”

Wow

I'm curious, what powers high speed rail? Electricity?

(02-07-2019, 05:19 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-07-2019, 05:08 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: An outline of the “Green New Deal” shows progressive Democrats hope to expand high-speed rail transportation across the United States to “a scale where air travel stops becoming necessary.”

Wow

I'm curious, what powers high speed rail? Electricity?

I am more curious what powers high speed rail to Hawaii.

(02-07-2019, 05:29 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-07-2019, 05:19 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I'm curious, what powers high speed rail? Electricity?

I am more curious what powers high speed rail to Hawaii.

[Image: tumblr_lmpgc4NQAu1qi95ueo1_500.gif]

Wouldn't high speed rail be nice though? Such a hassle getting a short flight with security, getting to the airport early, then getting from the airport which is usually a fair ride to destination.

London to Paris by rail so much easier than flying for example in Europe

(02-07-2019, 06:05 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Wouldn't high speed rail be nice though? Such a hassle getting a short flight with security, getting to the airport early, then getting from the airport which is usually a fair ride to destination.

London to Paris by rail so much easier than flying for example in Europe

California's rail project is currently running 48 Billion over budget and 5 years behind the construction timeline. And that's just connecting 2 cities in within their state. A national plan to do the same thing is DOA. If the flight is short then you drive. If it's long it would be long on the train too.