Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Democratic Presidential Candidates

(08-13-2020, 12:06 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-13-2020, 10:57 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: How many a day is Disney accommodating?

I just got back from a 10 day stay. It looks like each park is admitting around 10k per day. For a visual reference, the Hollywood Studios parking lot never went out beyond the 4th row any of the three times we were there. They aren't even running the trams at t any parks because none of them have more than a few hundred cars in the lot. They also announced while we were there that they are reducing park hours next month including closing Epcot at 7pm daily, unheard of while Food and Wine is going on. At the same time, passholders are having some difficulty getting park reservations so they can even go, while same day tickets and resort guests have plenty of availability.

And aside from the mandatory mask I've never, ever had more fun at Disney. With no fastpasses and limited capacity every ride was around 15 minutes except for the brand new Railway ride at HS which was generally 20 to 30. And no line, no wait at every bar and lounge. I've got pics of the kids in front of the castle with no one else in the frame. It was almost eerie seeing so few people all the time.

(08-13-2020, 11:33 AM)Dewboy01 Wrote: Well we've waited this long and our current President still doesn't have a plan to eradicate the deadly pandemic - I mean, unless you consider not wearing a mask, wanting to open up all businesses, send all children back to school, inject bleach, claim that hydroxychloroquine is a cure, promote a video by a doctor who claims that the virus is caused by alien DNA and demon sperm, and criticizing the scientists in the administration who are trying to deal with it based on facts - to be his plan?  I mean it's "a" plan, but I don't think it's working..... 

Just my opinion - but any plan that Biden/Harris roll out will be better than the disinformation and harmful tweets and statements from Trump....

The irony of calling out "disinformation" right after a list of mischaracterizations is enough to cure anemia.

I don't think he mischaracterized a single thing.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-13-2020, 09:36 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-13-2020, 09:22 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Is attacking Trump on the economy a smart political play for the Democrats?

Let's see... Worst economic contraction in living memory. Caused by international pandemic. Can they blame Trump for this? Of course they can. But is it fair and logical to do so? Consider this: 3 days from now, a cruise ship in Italy will fill up with paying customers from the 23 member states of the Schengen zone. 
This kind of tourism is coming back to Italy and the rest of Europe. 
We are nowhere close to being able to do something like that.
Why not?

As soon as Europe opens back up they will have a large spike. The virus didn't go away. It is still there but people aren't moving around. Nothing has changed and nothing will change unless a cure is found.

Everyone just needs to move on and take precautions where you can. Then open things back up, but running scared and then saying it is fine without a cure is fools gold. Nothing has changed and if you believe the leftist there are no treatments as HCQ and zinc will kill you. People need to understand the reality and work within it.

(08-13-2020, 04:13 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(08-13-2020, 12:06 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I just got back from a 10 day stay. It looks like each park is admitting around 10k per day. For a visual reference, the Hollywood Studios parking lot never went out beyond the 4th row any of the three times we were there. They aren't even running the trams at t any parks because none of them have more than a few hundred cars in the lot. They also announced while we were there that they are reducing park hours next month including closing Epcot at 7pm daily, unheard of while Food and Wine is going on. At the same time, passholders are having some difficulty getting park reservations so they can even go, while same day tickets and resort guests have plenty of availability.

And aside from the mandatory mask I've never, ever had more fun at Disney. With no fastpasses and limited capacity every ride was around 15 minutes except for the brand new Railway ride at HS which was generally 20 to 30. And no line, no wait at every bar and lounge. I've got pics of the kids in front of the castle with no one else in the frame. It was almost eerie seeing so few people all the time.

The irony of calling out "disinformation" right after a list of mischaracterizations is enough to cure anemia.

For starters let's talk about the "inject bleach" thing.

Or perhaps the so-called "claim that hydroxychloroquine is a cure".

As usual with the left they believe that if you say it enough it must be true.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-13-2020, 04:13 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(08-13-2020, 12:06 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I just got back from a 10 day stay. It looks like each park is admitting around 10k per day. For a visual reference, the Hollywood Studios parking lot never went out beyond the 4th row any of the three times we were there. They aren't even running the trams at t any parks because none of them have more than a few hundred cars in the lot. They also announced while we were there that they are reducing park hours next month including closing Epcot at 7pm daily, unheard of while Food and Wine is going on. At the same time, passholders are having some difficulty getting park reservations so they can even go, while same day tickets and resort guests have plenty of availability.

We'd expect nothing less Marty.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-13-2020, 12:06 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-13-2020, 10:57 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: How many a day is Disney accommodating?

I just got back from a 10 day stay. It looks like each park is admitting around 10k per day. For a visual reference, the Hollywood Studios parking lot never went out beyond the 4th row any of the three times we were there. They aren't even running the trams at t any parks because none of them have more than a few hundred cars in the lot. They also announced while we were there that they are reducing park hours next month including closing Epcot at 7pm daily, unheard of while Food and Wine is going on. At the same time, passholders are having some difficulty getting park reservations so they can even go, while same day tickets and resort guests have plenty of availability.

(08-13-2020, 11:33 AM)Dewboy01 Wrote: Well we've waited this long and our current President still doesn't have a plan to eradicate the deadly pandemic - I mean, unless you consider not wearing a mask, wanting to open up all businesses, send all children back to school, inject bleach, claim that hydroxychloroquine is a cure, promote a video by a doctor who claims that the virus is caused by alien DNA and demon sperm, and criticizing the scientists in the administration who are trying to deal with it based on facts - to be his plan?  I mean it's "a" plan, but I don't think it's working..... 

Just my opinion - but any plan that Biden/Harris roll out will be better than the disinformation and harmful tweets and statements from Trump....

My daughter was watching one of those 4K Disney tours a guest filmed from 2 weeks ago.  As people that have frequented the parks in the “slow” time on numerous occasions, I’ve got to admit, that park was slow!!!   Would love to be there right now if we could.

(08-13-2020, 08:21 PM)Jags Wrote:

My daughter was watching one of those 4K Disney tours a guest filmed from 2 weeks ago.  As people that have frequented the parks in the “slow” time on numerous occasions, I’ve got to admit, that park was slow!!!   Would love to be there right now if we could.

Are you Floridian? They are selling 4 day tickets for $200.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-13-2020, 09:22 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Is attacking Trump on the economy a smart political play for the Democrats?

I was taken back by that a bit myself.  Technically they are 100% correct in what they are saying.  Unfortunately it is without context.  Curious to see if it works.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(08-13-2020, 10:55 PM)copycat Wrote:

I was taken back by that a bit myself.  Technically they are 100% correct in what they are saying.  Unfortunately it is without context.  Curious to see if it works.

The honeymoon will be ending shortly. Lots of skeletons in those closets.

What a clown show we'll have this fall. 

These are the best people we have to offer?

(08-13-2020, 11:37 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: What a clown show we'll have this fall. 

People get the government they deserve.

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2020, 11:53 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(08-13-2020, 11:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-13-2020, 11:37 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: What a clown show we'll have this fall. 

People get the government they deserve.

Just think of the positive impact term limits would have on our country.

So its basically Trump vs Hillary again.

I'm guessing the debates are just going to be Trump calling Biden's son a crook and Biden saying Trump is.

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2020, 03:46 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

It's this creep...........

[Image: 2xvvrh.jpg]

vs. this creep......

[Image: 9571d123d3c5819db7d60b44905f5d49.jpg]

(08-13-2020, 11:53 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(08-13-2020, 11:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: People get the government they deserve.

Just think of the positive impact term limits would have on our country.

Ask Mexico how that works out.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

I can see most dads taking those pictures with their daughters. I'd like to think I'd give the benefit of the doubt to a father who is a democrat. I can see how someone could view it as creepy, especially if you already have a preconceived notion that he is a bad person. With Joe, it's not so much what he does that makes it creepy, it's how uncomfortable the parents and children are with it.

I will admit that DJT has said some weird things about dating her if he weren't her father. That is very creepy. Much more than those photos.

(08-14-2020, 06:44 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-13-2020, 11:53 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Just think of the positive impact term limits would have on our country.

Captain Contrarian is here!

(08-14-2020, 06:44 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-13-2020, 11:53 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Just think of the positive impact term limits would have on our country.

Seeing as from the very first second that Mexico was a country it was corrupt beyond repair. From the very beginning. There is no hope for Mexico.

Nice false equivalency.

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2020, 11:33 AM by mikesez.)

(08-14-2020, 11:17 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(08-14-2020, 06:44 AM)mikesez Wrote: Ask Mexico how that works out.

Seeing as from the very first second that Mexico was a country it was corrupt beyond repair. From the very beginning. There is no hope for Mexico.

Nice false equivalency.

Fine.  Ask people who follow the Florida Legislature how that works out.

Regardless of how corrupt Mexico was before they enacted term limits on legislators, it is clear that term limits did not help them reduce corruption.

The PRI observed term limits from 1929 to 2000. They never ran the same guy twice. But they also didn't let other parties compete. The best way to reduce corruption is to have competitive elections, with or without term limits.

In fact, many political scientists will tell you that a politician who is in his last term in office has little incentive to avoid corruption. He's not going to be in office next year anyways, so, why behave at all?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(08-14-2020, 09:51 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I can see most dads taking those pictures with their daughters. I'd like to think I'd give the benefit of the doubt to a father who is a democrat. I can see how someone could view it as creepy, especially if you already have a preconceived notion that he is a bad person. With Joe, it's not so much what he does that makes it creepy, it's how uncomfortable the parents and children are with it.

I will admit that DJT has said some weird things about dating her if he weren't her father. That is very creepy. Much more than those photos.

With Biden, I believe he is just a "touchy, feely" type person, as well as a "close talker" who doesn't respect personal space. He might think there is nothing wrong with it, but many, many people, (including myself), consider it creepy and annoying. 

With Trump, his words really make me question him. From his own statements, I believe he has a very "unnatural" attraction to his own daughter. Pair that with the comments he made to Billy Bush about "grabbing women by the *****" and you can feel the entitlement that he thinks he has. With that said, I have no idea if he has ever acted on his feelings for his daughter. I wouldn't think so and I certainly hope not, but his own words just turn my stomach. That's not normal and it's disgusting. 

I just don't know how we ended up with such bad choices?

If those pictures of Trump and his daughter make you uncomfortable then you probably shouldn't have kids.

If those pictures of Biden with other people's kids don't make you uncomfortable you also probably shouldn't have kids.