Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Democratic Presidential Candidates

(06-10-2019, 01:46 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: You think Shillary has the ego to run again? Wonder if she will campaign in Wisconsin this time. Good thing Bill Barr is the AG and can reopen the investigation into her next year if necessary. She should really be in prison.

I don't think Hillary will stand by and watch  the clown show winner get slaughtered by Trump.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-10-2019, 02:48 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote:
(06-10-2019, 01:46 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: You think Shillary has the ego to run again? Wonder if she will campaign in Wisconsin this time. Good thing Bill Barr is the AG and can reopen the investigation into her next year if necessary. She should really be in prison.

I don't think Hillary will stand by and watch  the clown show winner get slaughtered by Trump.

I just don't see how she could mathematically win. How does she expect to take back the rust belt that Trump stole? It would be one thing if Trump were doing a terrible job, but the thought of her running again is insane. I hope it happens though.

Right now from this democrat field of candidates the only one that I can see having a chance (and a real small chance) of winning is Biden.  The others have all gone way too far left.  Biden's problem is that he has to "dip" left in order to get support from the far left base of the democrats.  He has to be careful that his swing to the left is nothing more than a "dip" so that he doesn't alienate the moderates (who will decide the election).

If someone like Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren gets the nomination you can bet that it's going to turn off the moderates and those democrats that are more moderate are going to do one of two things.

1.  Place a vote for President Trump or someone else.

2.  Stay home on election day.

Rest assured in my own un-scientific observation I have noticed many moderates including some like myself that leans more conservative say that without a doubt right now they would vote for Trump.  Some of those moderates tend to lean Libertarian or even to the left a bit.

Two major issues that actually really matter to voters right now are the economy and immigration reform.  The "regular" beaten-to-death issues of "gun reform" and abortion are pretty much secondary right now and are not real important to most people.  Just my opinion but "healthcare" kind of ties into the economy since the cost has gone way up ever since obamacare was signed into law.  For a decent medical plan right now for my wife and myself costs just as much as a house payment.  That is unacceptable.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 06-10-2019, 06:54 PM by homebiscuit.)

(06-10-2019, 04:56 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Right now from this democrat field of candidates the only one that I can see having a chance (and a real small chance) of winning is Biden.  The others have all gone way too far left.  Biden's problem is that he has to "dip" left in order to get support from the far left base of the democrats.  He has to be careful that his swing to the left is nothing more than a "dip" so that he doesn't alienate the moderates (who will decide the election).

If someone like Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren gets the nomination you can bet that it's going to turn off the moderates and those democrats that are more moderate are going to do one of two things.

1.  Place a vote for President Trump or someone else.

2.  Stay home on election day.

Rest assured in my own un-scientific observation I have noticed many moderates including some like myself that leans more conservative say that without a doubt right now they would vote for Trump.  Some of those moderates tend to lean Libertarian or even to the left a bit.

Two major issues that actually really matter to voters right now are the economy and immigration reform.  The "regular" beaten-to-death issues of "gun reform" and abortion are pretty much secondary right now and are not real important to most people.  Just my opinion but "healthcare" kind of ties into the economy since the cost has gone way up ever since obamacare was signed into law.  For a decent medical plan right now for my wife and myself costs just as much as a house payment.  That is unacceptable.

Immigration reform should be at the top of the list, but like all things, there are two different views of the matter. Idiot Beta O'Rourke says all walls should come down because they are immoral. Alarmingly, there is a wide swath of people who agree with him. The fact of the matter is we need to get a handle on this situation now. I believe even the left will come around eventually because they are running out of room and other people's money and patience to deal with this crisis. Add the influx of homeless immigrants on top of the already growing domestic homeless situation, and it won't be long before widespread disease and/or violence breaks out. 

As you can see from this story, we're now dumping illegal immigrants from countries host seriously nasty and deadly diseases, like Ebola, on the streets of America. Something has to give soon. The democrats need to get over the election loss and searing hatred of Donald Trump and get to work, or people will start paying with their lives.

(06-10-2019, 06:24 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: According to the polls, the frontrunners in Iowa right now are Biden, then Sanders, Warren, and Buttigieg.  

The surprising one is Buttigieg.  But from watching him a little, he's an appealing candidate.

He's Howard Dean, the 2020 edition. He may not go down in a drunken blaze of screaming glory like Dean did, but he has the look of another flash-in-the-pan who'll give way to others as primary season drags on.

(06-11-2019, 08:21 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(06-10-2019, 06:24 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: According to the polls, the frontrunners in Iowa right now are Biden, then Sanders, Warren, and Buttigieg.  

The surprising one is Buttigieg.  But from watching him a little, he's an appealing candidate.

He's Howard Dean, the 2020 edition. He may not go down in a drunken blaze of screaming glory like Dean did, but he has the look of another flash-in-the-pan who'll give way to others as primary season drags on.

He takes trains in Harlem!

Now Quinnipiac has published some head to head polls they took, which show Biden leading Trump by 13 points, 53% to 40%. In fact, they say 6 different Democrat candidates would beat Trump if the election were held today.

So I looked up Quinnipiac's track record, specifically in the 2016 election, and they were (barely) within the margin of error in most of the battleground states.

You have to wonder if they have corrected some of their deficiencies from 2016.

Honest question to everyone. Are you comfortable with Joe Biden running your country?

He does not seem to be mentally "all there".

(This post was last modified: 06-12-2019, 08:29 AM by B2hibry.)

(06-12-2019, 07:38 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Honest question to everyone. Are you comfortable with Joe Biden running your country?

Will we get China-gate if he is elected? Seems only fair.

Look, the dude is a has been with a pretty shaky track record. The problem is mainstream media is conveniently polishing this turd. Still, I wouldn't worry what the polls say.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

The dems have this. I mean, how can you lose with the riveting testimony of John Dean on your side?   Rolleyes

(06-12-2019, 07:38 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Honest question to everyone. Are you comfortable with Joe Biden running your country?

Are you kidding? He's going to Cure Cancer!

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Supporters of Donald Trump castigating anyone else for not being 'all there". That's irony right there folks.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(06-12-2019, 08:52 AM)Adam2012 Wrote: Supporters of Donald Trump castigating anyone else for not being 'all there". That's irony right there folks.

Even though he is likely more physically active at 73 than you are at less than half his age?

(06-12-2019, 08:43 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:

Are you kidding? He's going to Cure Cancer!

When I heard Biden say that, all I could think about was Billy Madison yelling out "Knibb High football rules!" after he gave a horrible answer at the academic competition in order to get a cheer from the crowd.

I agree but this is also irony at its finest

(06-12-2019, 08:55 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(06-12-2019, 08:52 AM)Adam2012 Wrote: Supporters of Donald Trump castigating anyone else for not being 'all there". That's irony right there folks.

Even though he is likely more physically active at 73 than you are at less than half his age?

At about 50 lbs. overweight and riding a golf cart - that's physically active? Boy are you desperate. So what else does this great athlete do? Oh, that's right - he tweets a lot.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

But Joe promises to cure cancer if elected. Shame on you all!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Vote Joe or you are pro cancer!

The same poll that had Hillary up 18 points over Trump in 2015 has Biden up 13 points on Trump.

And Trump is?

No, I don't care much for Biden. He's one of the more centrist candidates coming from the Democratic Party, which I appreciate, but he's about as inspiring as a block of wood. He wouldn't stand a chance of defeating Trump.

(06-12-2019, 01:28 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The same poll that had Hillary up 18 points over Trump in 2015 has Biden up 13 points on Trump.

Polls 17 months before the election are worth as much as the paper they're written on, and most polls are physically written down anymore. I can almost guarantee you that any poll showing Biden up by that much on Trump is heavily skewed towards the Democratic field. 2-3 points I'd believe, but 13? That question has to be phrased in a way that the AOC crowd can't possibly answer with "I'm staying home unless X wins the nomination."