Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Which NFL Team Will Both Win Super Bowl LIII, And The Vince Lombardi Championship Trophy From Atlanta, GA?
Los Angeles Rams (13-3)
New England Patriots (11-5)
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
***Official Super Bowl LIII Game Thread***

That SB sucked.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Everyone hated the SB but I enjoyed it. I like defensive games though.

Game was terrible. I give the Patriots D and Belichick a lot of credit, but man Goff was awful. There were so many plays that were there for him to make and he just couldn't make them for whatever reason. I don't mind defensive games, but there just weren't many defensive big plays either. You'd a thought the Pats had some crazy turnover margin, but reality was Goff was just beyond terrible. Turnover diff was even for the game. Pats have done the same thing for how long? Which is they take away the one thing you do best and make you beat them another way. Pats took away the run game, which took away the play action and man Goff was shell shocked out there.

It’s not even that the defenses played well. The offenses were just that bad. It’s not like there were a bunch of sacks or turnovers.

It was offenses playing like crap. Big difference.

Throughout the game, I wondered if Brady had hurt his shoulder, or something. He couldn't get a pass to the sideline at all. In the back of my mind, though, I kept reminding myself that everything would be different by the fourth. Then he threw that bomb to Gronk at the 2, and it was like a different QB.

TB has the most amazing second gear when he needs it.

(02-05-2019, 09:27 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: It’s not even that the defenses played well. The offenses were just that bad. It’s not like there were a bunch of sacks or turnovers.

The Patriots got plenty of pressure on the Rams, and harassed Goff all game long.  I agree that Brady didn't play well by his standards.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2019, 11:39 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-05-2019, 10:59 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-05-2019, 09:27 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: It’s not even that the defenses played well. The offenses were just that bad. It’s not like there were a bunch of sacks or turnovers.

The Patriots got plenty of pressure on the Rams, and harassed Goff all game long.  I agree that Brady didn't play well by his standards.

Yep, there was lots pressure on both QBs.  Gilmore had a hell of a game too. Donald and Folwer both had good games, Fowler also had 2 bad penalties

Some of the defensive plays BB were calling was a thing of beauty with the disguises and fooling the hell out of Goff

+1

(02-05-2019, 10:59 AM)Bullseye Wrote:

Granted the Pats got pressure but Goff was missing wide open guys and the game had 4 scores including 3 field goals and 1 TD. 

I like defense just as much as anyone else but this was more about how bad the offenses looked than how good the defenses played. There were no adjustments made on either side really. Not many sacks. 2 turnovers. No thrilling big plays. It was just boring.

(02-05-2019, 12:56 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-05-2019, 10:59 AM)Bullseye Wrote: The Patriots got plenty of pressure on the Rams, and harassed Goff all game long.  I agree that Brady didn't play well by his standards.
Granted the Pats got pressure but Goff was missing wide open guys and the game had 4 scores including 3 field goals and 1 TD. 

I like defense just as much as anyone else but this was more about how bad the offenses looked than how good the defenses played. There were no adjustments made on either side really. Not many sacks. 2 turnovers. No thrilling big plays. It was just boring.

Without denying a thing that you said, there's good boring and bad boring. At least this one was good boring - i.e., within one score most of the game. I just want a game that is within seven points or so going into the fourth quarter. I've seen too many Super Bowls that were bad boring - i.e., 40-14 or so.

At least i watched this one until the end.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(02-05-2019, 03:43 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(02-05-2019, 12:56 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Granted the Pats got pressure but Goff was missing wide open guys and the game had 4 scores including 3 field goals and 1 TD. 

Without denying a thing that you said, there's good boring and bad boring. At least this one was good boring - i.e., within one score most of the game. I just want a game that is within seven points or so going into the fourth quarter. I've seen too many Super Bowls that were bad boring - i.e., 40-14 or so.

At least i watched this one until the end
I can understand that but at least in the 40-14 game, there were TDs and probably big plays. 13-3? Gross.

The Rams only scored 3 points for crying out loud. Even the halftime show managed to get 5. Pathetic.

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2019, 06:06 PM by JackCity.)

(02-05-2019, 03:43 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(02-05-2019, 12:56 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Granted the Pats got pressure but Goff was missing wide open guys and the game had 4 scores including 3 field goals and 1 TD. 

The game was flat for most of the game bar a few big collisions and plays. 

Really cool defensive play, not a good spectacle and one of the worst QB performances in SB history from Goff.

So I'm watching and looking through feeds of the coverage of the Pats' Superbowl celebration. I'm seeing a lot of this Anti-Goodell sentiment from their fans.

"Goodell this, Goodell that." That Goodell Clown-nose image everywhere.

Am I missing something here? From my point-of-view, the Pats always get a lot of benefits from the NFL. Officiating, scheduling, media coverage, etc. They should be praising the NFL, because to me, they get a heckuvalot more special treatment than the Jags.

Can someone explain this to me?

(02-05-2019, 06:47 PM)jaglyn Wrote: So I'm watching and looking through feeds of the coverage of the Pats' Superbowl celebration. I'm seeing a lot of this Anti-Goodell sentiment from their fans.

Am I missing something here? From my point-of-view, the Pats always get a lot of benefits from the NFL. Officiating, scheduling, media coverage, etc. They should be praising the NFL, because to me, they get a heckuvalot more special treatment than the Jags.

Goodell find BB 500,000 and took a 1st round pick from the Pats for the Spygate and they never had any proof.  The fans and the Pats have hated him every since

(02-05-2019, 06:47 PM)jaglyn Wrote: So I'm watching and looking through feeds of the coverage of the Pats' Superbowl celebration. I'm seeing a lot of this Anti-Goodell sentiment from their fans.

It’s all Barstool.

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2019, 10:00 AM by Bullseye.)

(02-05-2019, 06:06 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-05-2019, 03:43 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: Without denying a thing that you said, there's good boring and bad boring. At least this one was good boring - i.e., within one score most of the game. I just want a game that is within seven points or so going into the fourth quarter. I've seen too many Super Bowls that were bad boring - i.e., 40-14 or so.

The game was flat for most of the game bar a few big collisions and plays. 

Really cool defensive play, not a good spectacle and one of the worst QB performances in SB history from Goff.

I will agree this was not a great or particularly compelling defensive game like the two Giants-49ers games of 1990 or the Jaguars 9-0 win over the Steelers.

The first Giants niners game was a 7-3 slugfest on MNF between the two best teams in the NFL.  One of the big highlights of that game was this catch and run by Giants TE Mark Bavaro.  https://youtu.be/-fuVZNWem3Y

The second game was the NFC championship  the same season.  You have probably seen this clip before.  https://youtu.be/c8uVZVbexJo

Those teams were absolutely loaded with stars.  Those 9ers teams featured HOFers Montana, Rice, Haley, Lott, and many more Pro Bowlers.  The Giants had Lawrence Taylor, many other Pro Bowlers like Carl Banks, Leonard Marshall and Bavaro.

The collection of coaching talent was equally impressive.  The Giants had Bill Parcells as head coach, Tom Coughlin as WR coach, and some guy named Belichick as defensive coordinator.  The 49ers had George Seifert as head coach and Mike Holmgren at offensive coordinator.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!