Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Garafolo says Mutual interest between Nick Foles and Jaguars

(02-13-2019, 05:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: That article is nothing more than a bunch of speculation.  Some of it makes sense, some of it doesn't.

But  - if the iggles price for Foles is down to a third round pick, I'd probably pull the trigger.
Obviously, making the cap space is a bit of a speed-bump, but it's do-able.  And it's essentially a one year deal unless they work something out intending him to stay and start long-term.

I'm there if it's a 3rd-preferably the one we got from the Rams.

I've heard some speculation on the radio from, IIRC, Mike Kaye- who used to cover the Jaguars but is now in Jersey covering the Eagles-who indicated Foles may not be interested in playing more than two-three more years.

If this is true, it would make me want to double down on the QB position even more.  In other words, I would not necessarily be opposed to acquiring Foles and drafting a QB high this year.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

How was Flacco traded to the Broncos, but Foles would have to wait? I understand having to wait until the league year. I guess I’m confused as to how the Broncos traded already.

(02-14-2019, 12:28 PM)Jags Wrote: How was Flacco traded to the Broncos, but Foles would have to wait?  I understand having to wait until the league year.  I guess I’m confused as to how the Broncos traded already.

Flacco was traded but it's not OFFICIAL until the league year starts in March.  Plus, Flacco was still under contract with the Ravens.  Foles is still in the weird quasi category where he can do the buy out/get tagged/etc...

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(02-14-2019, 02:13 PM)NCJag Wrote:
(02-14-2019, 12:28 PM)Jags Wrote: How was Flacco traded to the Broncos, but Foles would have to wait?  I understand having to wait until the league year.  I guess I’m confused as to how the Broncos traded already.

Flacco was traded but it's not OFFICIAL until the league year starts in March.  Plus, Flacco was still under contract with the Ravens.  Foles is still in the weird quasi category where he can do the buy out/get tagged/etc...

Ok.  Thanks.  That makes sense that it isn’t official until the league year.  I didn’t know they could have those talks prior to the start of the the year.

(02-13-2019, 09:38 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 08:56 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Ah yes, a guaranteed failure. Awesome.

Let's bash someones post without a rebuttal, yeah that sounds awesome. You're right my lord. So sorry for voicing my lowly peon opinion. Get real

He's the size of a middle school boy.

That's enough for me.

(02-13-2019, 04:49 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: I don't hate the idea, only because we have his former coach. But I would rather us draft Murray. I think he caters to today's game and will provide a much needed spark for our offense next year.

I would rather our QB be bigger than a kicker.

Worst case scenario for me this offseason is giving up draft capital and a ton of money to a guy who would be a bottom 8 starting QB for us. Hard pass on foles.

(02-14-2019, 02:23 PM)Jags Wrote:
(02-14-2019, 02:13 PM)NCJag Wrote: Flacco was traded but it's not OFFICIAL until the league year starts in March.  Plus, Flacco was still under contract with the Ravens.  Foles is still in the weird quasi category where he can do the buy out/get tagged/etc...

Ok.  Thanks.  That makes sense that it isn’t official until the league year.  I didn’t know they could have those talks prior to the start of the the year.
Teams can talk to teams but can't talk to other teams' players

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(02-14-2019, 09:16 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 05:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: That article is nothing more than a bunch of speculation.  Some of it makes sense, some of it doesn't.

But  - if the iggles price for Foles is down to a third round pick, I'd probably pull the trigger.
Obviously, making the cap space is a bit of a speed-bump, but it's do-able.  And it's essentially a one year deal unless they work something out intending him to stay and start long-term.

I'm there if it's a 3rd-preferably the one we got from the Rams.

I've heard some speculation on the radio from, IIRC, Mike Kaye- who used to cover the Jaguars but is now in Jersey covering the Eagles-who indicated Foles may not be interested in playing more than two-three more years.

If this is true, it would make me want to double down on the QB position even more.  In other words, I would not necessarily be opposed to acquiring Foles and drafting a QB high this year.

I haven't seen that anywhere. Is he saying he only wants a 2- to 3-year deal or only wants to play football for 2 or 3 more years. The later would have me hesitant to even sign him. That would make me think he's only looking for a payout.

I think it would be a win/win..... sign him for a 2-3 year contract, draft a rookie and let him learn behind him and then go from there
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(02-14-2019, 05:38 PM)The Drifter Wrote: I think it would be a win/win..... sign him for a 2-3 year contract, draft a rookie and let him learn behind him and then go from there

I doubt he would take a 2-3 year deal. I believe he is looking for a Franchise QB kind of deal in the 5 year range.

Lets take him.

Foles isn't Bort... I'm all for it..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(02-14-2019, 08:10 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Foles isn't Bort... I'm all for it..

If that's the only reason, it's a bad one.

There are a lot cheaper options for that reason.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-14-2019, 04:27 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(02-14-2019, 09:16 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I'm there if it's a 3rd-preferably the one we got from the Rams.

I haven't seen that anywhere. Is he saying he only wants a 2- to 3-year deal or only wants to play football for 2 or 3 more years. The later would have me hesitant to even sign him. That would make me think he's only looking for a payout.

I haven't seen that either.  I heard it on 92.5/1010XL (a sports talk station here for those not in Jacksonville) last week.  He was saying that Foles is a man of faith and that football isn't the only thing in his life.  He cares a great deal about his relationship with family. While I can't recall his words verbatim, this is why he was saying he may only play a 2-3 more years.  I will see if I can pull up that link.  If I can, I will post it.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(02-15-2019, 08:31 AM)Rico Wrote:
(02-14-2019, 08:10 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Foles isn't Bort... I'm all for it..

If that's the only reason, it's a bad one.

You could pretty much say any QB out there besides Bort, and I'd be for it..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(02-15-2019, 10:24 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(02-15-2019, 08:31 AM)Rico Wrote: If that's the only reason, it's a bad one.

You could pretty much say any QB out there besides Bort, and I'd be for it..
Kaepernick.....

(02-15-2019, 10:01 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-14-2019, 04:27 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: I haven't seen that anywhere. Is he saying he only wants a 2- to 3-year deal or only wants to play football for 2 or 3 more years. The later would have me hesitant to even sign him. That would make me think he's only looking for a payout.

I haven't seen that either.  I heard it on 92.5/1010XL (a sports talk station here for those not in Jacksonville) last week.  He was saying that Foles is a man of faith and that football isn't the only thing in his life.  He cares a great deal about his relationship with family. While I can't recall his words verbatim, this is why he was saying he may only play a 2-3 more years.  I will see if I can pull up that link.  If I can, I will post it.

I've actually heard that speculation from Kaye and others. 

Remember - Foles was about to retire at age 27 when he said he was praying about the decision and Andy Reid called and convinced him to sign a one year deal with the chiefs. 

Depending on how this thing plays out with a tag/trade or free agency, getting Foles on a 2 or 3 year deal and drafting a rookie would be a good scenario for the Jags.

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2019, 11:40 AM by Talented Kalamari.)

(02-14-2019, 03:04 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 09:38 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Let's bash someones post without a rebuttal, yeah that sounds awesome. You're right my lord. So sorry for voicing my lowly peon opinion. Get real

He's the size of a middle school boy.

That's enough for me.

Yeah, because drafting a huge tall QB worked out so well for us last time.. Bortles and Flacco sure are lighting it up in the league, huh? You sound like a child. Quit getting your opinions from analysts and watch the actual game. He's one inch shorter than Russel Wilson, with better speed and a better arm. I'm taking that over Haskins or Foles any day.

(02-14-2019, 03:08 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 04:49 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: I don't hate the idea, only because we have his former coach. But I would rather us draft Murray. I think he caters to today's game and will provide a much needed spark for our offense next year.

I would rather our QB be bigger than a kicker.

Stupid, non football reasons. Analyze him as a Qb then we can talk

For the faith aspect: and i'm sure no one wants to hear it, but if we COULD get Foles to come here for a 3rd and a 15-17 mile 2-3 year contract, maybe it would be good for him to come here, finish his MDiv, play for 2 more years, hang it up, then start a church here. There's a heck of a lot worse places he could start a church.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn