Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lil Jordan Humphrey

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2019, 04:10 AM by JackCity.)

I think this is the guy I've keyed in on as being one of the WRs the Jags need to take at the top of round 2 (preferably top of 3 but doubt hes there).

Listed at 6'4 225 but likely 6'3 220ish so legit size and bulk which is exactly what we need at WR playing outside. Elite contested catch guy with his size/hands/body control , great hops etc etc all the things you would expect out of a man his size BUT he is arguably the best YAC receiver in the draft bar the likes of Paris Campbell/Deebo. 

He was a RB in high school and it shows. He'll run around defense's, step 3 defenders then barrel through another for a first down. Has insane leg drive to carry defenders with him. It's actually pretty insane how he moves around the field given his size.  

He led the country with 31 receptions for 500 yards and 5 TDs on 3rd down this year , definition of a go to guy. 31 receptions , 25 first downs. 

As a route runner I'd say he's already good technically but didn't run the full route tree at Texas. 

Basically I think he's a legit #1 receiver with game breaking ability that you can get outside the first. Let us know what you think

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Which games do you recommend watching
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

(02-23-2019, 02:43 AM)archer56 Wrote: Which games do you recommend watching

Tulsa , is good as he has some wildcat runs that shows off his athletic ability. I think Texas Tech was good and Iowa State as well cause they are usually pretty tough defensively

My only big worry is he's played predominantly in the slot , which is where Dede has shined for us, so his outside play will be a projection.

Top 5 right now is probably

Metcalf
Harry
Harmon
Preston Williams
Humphrey

Lil'Jordan Humphrey, WR, Texas: The Texas standout was viewed as a potential sleeper entering the combine, but scouts are rewriting those grades after Jordan posted the slowest 40 time (4.75 seconds) among wide receivers. This pedestrian number will spawn concerns about his ability to win one-on-one matchups on the perimeter.

Yeah he didn't test well at all. Still think he's a good player but likely puts him to day 3. Might even have to try a Ricky Seals Jones type switch to move TE

(03-03-2019, 01:03 AM)JackCity Wrote: Yeah he didn't test well at all. Still think he's a good player but likely puts him to day 3. Might even have to try a Ricky Seals Jones type switch to move TE

At 210 pounds?

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2019, 02:28 AM by JackCity.)

(03-03-2019, 01:41 AM)roycee Wrote:
(03-03-2019, 01:03 AM)JackCity Wrote: Yeah he didn't test well at all. Still think he's a good player but likely puts him to day 3. Might even have to try a Ricky Seals Jones type switch to move TE

At 210 pounds?

No, he'd of course have to put on more weight for that. The question is if he can put on another 15-20 pounds and possibly still run in the 4.8 range. And even then it's not good at all as last resort option.

Unless he can get his times much improved at the pro day it's gonna be tough for him to get anywhere. Which blows as he's one of the best YAC receivers in the class

That was a very disappointing 40 time. 4.8 is like slowish Linebacker range. He's gonna need to shave at least .15 off his time if he wants to be considered for the second day of the draft. Right now, I think he's more in that 4th or 5th round range. I still think the kid has a lot of talent. He just needs to work on his athleticism.

(03-03-2019, 03:40 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That was a very disappointing 40 time. 4.8 is like slowish Linebacker range. He's gonna need to shave at least .15 off his time if he wants to be considered for the second day of the draft. Right now, I think he's more in that 4th or 5th round range. I still think the kid has a lot of talent. He just needs to work on his athleticism.

He's probably a 6th or 7th right now. Probably need to get in the late 4.6 range for his pro day (even though it would still be a 4.7 I guess)

This could be the year that the Jaguars find another steal at wide receiver either late in the draft or as an undrafted free agent. It wouldn't shock me at all if someone selected this late has production like Allen Hurns did for the Jaguars. The wide receiver group is incredibly deep and guys like Humphrey, Johnson, Sills, etc will be available late in the draft.

Allen Lazard with a cuter name.