Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Top 10 Most Disappointing Free Agent Signings of 2016 - 2 Jags included

?? 

I don't get it. 

Malik has played well and Gipson hasn't made a lot of plays but has been better than anything we've ever had.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Just another uneducated hack who looked at the stats . Jackson might not have a sack, but he's been really disruptive. Gip does have a pick, and I haven't seen him make any coverage mistakes back there. Gip does miss a tackle here and there, but he's a free safety.
No commercial messages in sigs

The fact that the writer put Chase Daniel on the list by itself opens up major questions about the thought process.   Daniel is an insurance policy for the Eagles.   Even more importantly,  he's an excellent sounding board for impressive rookie QB Carson Wentz.   Signing Daniel enabled the Eagles to trade Sam Bradford for a package that could help the Eagles greatly moving forward. 

Quote:The fact that the writer put Chase Daniel on the list by itself opens up major questions about the thought process. Daniel is an insurance policy for the Eagles. Even more importantly, he's an excellent sounding board for impressive rookie QB Carson Wentz. Signing Daniel enabled the Eagles to trade Sam Bradford for a package that could help the Eagles greatly moving forward.
agreed

The writer is disappointing

Quote:?? 

I don't get it. 

Malik has played well and Gipson hasn't made a lot of plays but has been better than anything we've ever had.

There's nothing to get, the writer is a hack.

Coming into this week Malik was 2nd in the entire league with 9 hurries, only 1 behind Aaron Donald for the league lead...

I do agree that Gipson has been a little disappointing so far, but not enough to make any kind of lists or anything and certainly not this soon.

I get all of my sports knowledge from USA To [BLEEP] day
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:??

I don't get it.

Gipson has played decent but he isn't better than Deon Grant

Guy probably meant he was disappointed they signed with the Jaguars since, like almost everyone around the NFL, he doesn't want a team here.

Jackson has been excellent so far and Gipson has been good enough.

He might have had a point if he'd brought up Ivory. I remember panning the pickup when it was made, I don't like paying big money to older RBs, and so far I've been correct. Spend money on premium positions, RB isn't a premium position.

Malik Jackson has finally started to perform.  What a load of crap.  The Jaguars aren't the Broncos.  No way would he be able to wreck havoc with some of the guys around him.  He's not playing with Von Miller.  

Also, didn't Gipson have an Int?  Seems like these guys are panning out better than whom we've had. 

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

I thought Gipson would have had a bigger impact so far.

This guy is just an idiot. Feel bad getting him a click. Too early to really do this type of write up but I get it, he wants clicks. Also I dont believe either has played horrible. I mean obviously money comes into play and some believe players need to be very flashy to live up to any hype but thats really not the case.

Buuuut whatever.

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2016, 01:18 AM by Eric1.)

What I'm disappointed about, is the fact that I actually wasted my time giving this idiot "writer" a click to his link.

It's clear he's simply another box score warrior just looking for clicks.

Just like KY said, the idiot who made this list only complained about Malik having just one sack. Nothing about Hurries/Pressures..

I'd be willing to bet that he's seen, MAYBE 2 total quarters of Jaguars football this season. Sadly, I'd still probably lose that bet because he probably hasn't even seen that much lol.

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2016, 06:35 AM by SeldomRite.)

Quote:I thought Gipson would have had a bigger impact so far.

It's hard to say what an individual's specific contribution is, but the defense is currently top ten after facing some top QBs. It's not perfect and I still think the scheme is dumb, but the results are much better than last year when the defense couldn't get out of its own way.

Quote:I thought Gipson would have had a bigger impact so far.
Our defense is ranked 7th

He's making an impact, he's job is to take away the deep stuff over the top, and most of our deep stuff has been on other players, plus he has an int when the ball came his way

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Lol what?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Our defense is ranked 7th

He's making an impact, he's job is to take away the deep stuff over the top, and most of our deep stuff has been on other players, plus he has an int when the ball came his way

Almost had one against SD too I believe.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Love Malik Jackson.

I feel like this man robbed 2 minutes of my life. Even though im here to waste time, it's still upsetting.