Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
SB Nation 3 Rd Mock

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/...ne-haskins

Depending on your opinion on Kyler this is pretty ideal. Alternatively you could go Lindstrom in the 2nd if you wanted too.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Once I got to the Murray pick, I quit reading. Worst mock draft ever.

It's an absolute thing of beauty.

Those are all picks based on need. I can't imagine Noah Fant slipping to us in RD2 though. Once he starts testing at the combine he'll probably go up a little bit more in stock. Probably a late RD1 target.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

They got the positions right-ish, just maybe not the players. I would rather a G over a WR in Rd 3 though. WR is super deep this year.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Not getting an O-Lineman with one of those early picks is making a mistake.

(02-25-2019, 04:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Not getting an O-Lineman with one of those early picks is making a mistake.

I just re-read it and saw they picked a G for us with one of our 3rds. So I change my stance on no OL man selected, lol.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Dawson Knox - TE shooting up to a 3rd rounder in this mock...after the combine think it goes up to 2nd round.

I'm convinced the Jaguars will sign Foles and pass on a quarterback in round 1. If that plays out, I could see the pick being Jonah Williams unless they consider Hockenson to be the next Gronkowski. Williams can be plugged in immediately at either right tackle or possibly even guard if Richardson really steps it up after a disappointing rookie season. Either Fant or Smith would be solid 2nd round picks, although I also believe Fant's combine will get him drafted in the first round. With one of their two 3rd-rounders, they could take the best receiver on their board between Arcedo-Whiteside, Campbell, Sills or maybe one of the sleeper small school receivers who stands out at the Combine. The other 3rd rounder may turn out to be Grier or Finley. Whether or not to take a quarterback here over someone like McCoy, who has a good shot at eventually starting at center or guard, will be a tough decision. If it were my choice, I'd probably go with McCoy since the chances of a 3rd round quarterback ever becoming a top-tier quarterback is very slim.

If the Jaguars pass on Foles, which we'll know very soon, the draft will become much more interesting, as well as nerve-racking!

(02-25-2019, 08:37 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I'm convinced the Jaguars will sign Foles and pass on a quarterback in round 1. If that plays out, I could see the pick being Jonah Williams unless they consider Hockenson to be the next Gronkowski. Williams can be plugged in immediately at either right tackle or possibly even guard if Richardson really steps it up after a disappointing rookie season. Either Fant or Smith would be solid 2nd round picks, although I also believe Fant's combine will get him drafted in the first round. With one of their two 3rd-rounders, they could take the best receiver on their board between Arcedo-Whiteside, Campbell, Sills or maybe one of the sleeper small school receivers who stands out at the Combine. The other 3rd rounder may turn out to be Grier or Finley.  Whether or not to take a quarterback here over someone like McCoy, who has a good shot at eventually starting at center or guard, will be a tough decision. If it were my choice, I'd probably go with McCoy since the chances of a 3rd round quarterback ever becoming a top-tier quarterback is very slim.

If the Jaguars pass on Foles, which we'll know very soon, the draft will become much more interesting, as well as nerve-racking!

I think you are spot on with everything here, including the dilemma of QB or a position of need.

Very possible we go RB in the 4th, although I'd prefer to wait until the 7th. The rb class is so deep, and the demand isn't that high tbh.

(02-25-2019, 09:05 PM)JagJohn Wrote:
(02-25-2019, 08:37 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I'm convinced the Jaguars will sign Foles and pass on a quarterback in round 1. If that plays out, I could see the pick being Jonah Williams unless they consider Hockenson to be the next Gronkowski. Williams can be plugged in immediately at either right tackle or possibly even guard if Richardson really steps it up after a disappointing rookie season. Either Fant or Smith would be solid 2nd round picks, although I also believe Fant's combine will get him drafted in the first round. With one of their two 3rd-rounders, they could take the best receiver on their board between Arcedo-Whiteside, Campbell, Sills or maybe one of the sleeper small school receivers who stands out at the Combine. The other 3rd rounder may turn out to be Grier or Finley.  Whether or not to take a quarterback here over someone like McCoy, who has a good shot at eventually starting at center or guard, will be a tough decision. If it were my choice, I'd probably go with McCoy since the chances of a 3rd round quarterback ever becoming a top-tier quarterback is very slim.

I think you are spot on with everything here, including the dilemma of QB or a position of need.

Very possible we go RB in the 4th, although I'd prefer to wait until the 7th. The rb class is so deep, and the demand isn't that high tbh.
Thanks. It will be interesting to see if they draft a running back as early as round 4. I tend to agree with you about waiting on that position. Much will depend on whether they keep Hyde and Grant since Yeldon is all but gone. One guy I'd like if available in the 4th round or later is Benny Snell from Kentucky. He may not have the fastest 40 time, but he's a workhorse who seems very reliable and tough. Also seems to be a team leader and you can never have too many of those guys.

I agree with this as well. I'm High on a TE as well if we pick up Foles. I don't think Richardson got a fair try last year and didn't prove much on the O-line. TBH I didn't know much about him last year, but if the Jags feel he could man the right side then that would be huge! 
I know you like WR in the 3rd, but what if we over load with two rookie TE's? Say #1 and a #3. A brawler TE (Do all TE) and a catch happy TE (Finesse, almost like a WR). I would really like to see the Jags abuse defenses with two TE destroying backfields.
If they can pick up Grier with the other 3rd that would be the icing on the cake!! With the second in this case I would go BAP O-Line, or MLB. The middle of that defense was weak last year and I'm starting to lean more on that being the only weakness on the defense. Jags need a hole plugger light Poz was. He used to hit that hole like a battering ram or that lead blocker like a tank. I don't see that from the LB's as much.
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

(02-25-2019, 09:47 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote:

I agree with this as well. I'm High on a TE as well if we pick up Foles. I don't think Richardson got a fair try last year and didn't prove much on the O-line. TBH I didn't know much about him last year, but if the Jags feel he could man the right side then that would be huge! 
I know you like WR in the 3rd, but what if we over load with two rookie TE's? Say #1 and a #3. A brawler TE (Do all TE) and a catch happy TE (Finesse, almost like a WR). I would really like to see the Jags abuse defenses with two TE destroying backfields.
If they can pick up Grier with the other 3rd that would be the icing on the cake!! With the second in this case I would go BAP O-Line, or MLB. The middle of that defense was weak last year and I'm starting to lean more on that being the only weakness on the defense. Jags need a hole plugger light Poz was. He used to hit that hole like a battering ram or that lead blocker like a tank. I don't see that from the LB's as much.

The two TE situation could be a possibility, especially if they miss out on one of the big bodied WR targets. For example if we did manage to get a player like Fant in the first or early second, he could play the role of big red zone target, and we could have him on the field with another physical blocking TE (Moreau, Nauta...). Tantalizing possibilities for the running game too.

Any love here for LB Devin White LSU at 7?
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(02-26-2019, 09:48 AM)PF* Wrote: Any love here for LB Devin White LSU at 7?

How would it work? Trade Telvin, move Jack back out to weakside? It just doesn't seem like a move that would improve our team that much tbh.

The first pick in round 1 needs to be an offensive player.

If we sign Foles, I could see it. As long as you stay in front of Cincy, I think you could still land him with a slight trade-back, too.

Honestly, if we sign Foles, I would really like to move back into the teens and amass some extra picks.

(02-26-2019, 09:53 AM)JagJohn Wrote:

How would it work? Trade Telvin, move Jack back out to weakside? It just doesn't seem like a move that would improve our team that much tbh.
I don't know enough to comment but this seems reasonable. Telvin was often overwhelmed in the running game while Jack seemed to play better outside than inside. If White can play MLB in a 4-3, then it seems like it would improve the team, especially considering that we now know that Dareus isn't going anywhere.

(02-26-2019, 10:05 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
The first pick in round 1 needs to be an offensive player.
I generally agree but if DW is indeed a solid MLB, it solves the Telvin problem and brings out the best in Myles Jack. Consider those LB's with the Dareus fortified line and our secondary.

(02-26-2019, 12:54 PM)Mikey Wrote:

If we sign Foles, I could see it. As long as you stay in front of Cincy, I think you could still land him with a slight trade-back, too.

Honestly, if we sign Foles, I would really like to move back into the teens and amass some extra picks.
I would too but it never happens. I'd like to drop to Miami's 13 and take their 2nd for doing so (or whatever the latest draft pick value chart says). At 13, there's a going to be a top OL to take, then the two seconds bring a TE and a QB, the two thirds bring a WR and another TE.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile